August Scripting Challenge

A place to discuss file ideas, work on scripts with others, or just issue a challenge to see who can create the best file/script.

Moderator: EMG

August Scripting Challenge

Postby EMG » August 2nd, 2009, 12:11 am

This months scripting challenge is to create the best Transformation script(ie, a script that transforms you into another form like a wolf, dragon, etc). Post your scripts here or email them to emg@warpmymind.com and the winner will get their file recorded, a file of their choice, and a WarpMyMind.com (Not work safe) T-shirt.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ql » August 19th, 2009, 10:49 am

Nice. I hope there are going to be some entries. I suppose this is going to end on the 31st?
ql

Postby EMG » August 19th, 2009, 2:53 pm

Sadly, not a single entry so far. I was hoping for better and will cancel the contest if we can't get 3 entries.

ql wrote:Nice. I hope there are going to be some entries. I suppose this is going to end on the 31st?
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby trawl » August 20th, 2009, 3:40 am

I've been working away on an entry, hopefully others are too.
trawl

Postby demigraff » August 20th, 2009, 6:54 am

I somehow hadn't noticed this before. I'm working on one now, writing up the furry file I've used for a few RL friends. I'm not sure it quite fits the brief, but I don't want to see those people who've put real effort in losing out through lack of interest.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby ranmafan » August 21st, 2009, 2:17 pm

I'm working on mine and it should be done by tonight :3
ranmafan
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Detestai » August 22nd, 2009, 2:10 am

I also have one in the works, Itll be done in a few days, as I have tme.
Detestai

August scripting challenge.

Postby Illpill » August 26th, 2009, 11:56 am

I've put one in too.
Illpill

Postby EMG » August 26th, 2009, 12:22 pm

The month is quickly running out. Please let me know if we have some that are close and need a few more days.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby demigraff » August 27th, 2009, 1:12 pm

Well, as much as I'd like to, the time just isn't there. I'm going to a convention on the 3rd-6th of September, and I estimate my fursuit needs 40+ hours work to get it finished, not including shopping for the parts I don't have yet.

I wish the "Just DO Something" file had a bit more of an effect on me.

EDIT: Woot, 300th post.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

September Scripting Challenge

Postby EMG » September 7th, 2009, 2:30 pm

I am holding over the august scripting challenge since several said they didn't have enough time to post. I will be making an announcement on the main page and we'll see if we can get a few more entries. We only had 2 last month.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby EMG » September 19th, 2009, 8:04 am

I have no issue with the file including a transformation as part of another goal. It's still a file that uses a transformation.

As for using trademarked characters, I'm not sure of the ramifications of describing such a character so long as there wasn't any artwork I would expect that it would be just fine. So, I'd probably post the file and wait for the blood sucking lawyers and pull it if I had to.

WizDom wrote:I have a small question regarding the condictions that all submissions need to meet.

Does it have to actually be a pure transformation file? Would it be acceptable to submit a script that basically says:"you're going to change into this, and doing so will teach you such and such" ?

Also, are things like pop culture references allowed? I've seen the Lucario file, so I know it's allowed in general, but if this script ends as a pay file, would that be violating any laws?

Guess that makes two questions:
1) does the end result of the file have to be a transformation, or can you use a transformation as a tool and have other end goals?
2) can the file use stuff like Looney Tunes, Disney furries, Digimon... as the transformation model?
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to File Ideas, Scripts, and Challenges