Fun, Silly, or otherwise not worth their own topic ideas.

A place to discuss file ideas, work on scripts with others, or just issue a challenge to see who can create the best file/script.

Moderator: EMG

Fun, Silly, or otherwise not worth their own topic ideas.

Postby Jeshi » May 23rd, 2010, 12:41 am

So I'm sure I'm not the only person that has had lots of little ideas for Hypnosis files that while funny or interesting, just aren't worth their own topic. Possibly because I probably wouldn't even listen to the file myself, or because I don't even take the idea seriously. But would still like the share the idea.

Consider this a sort of Brainstorming/sandbox topic. Just post small ideas you've had and then discuss them, maybe you can turn it into a better idea that's worth discussing in it's own topic.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby Realm » May 23rd, 2010, 2:50 am

I've always thought it'd be kind of cool to have a dissociative personality, like in the movie Fight Club. Switching to a different personality to deal with different situations could be handy. Of course then you run the risk of this new persona overpowering the original. But then as you say, I probably wouldn't use a file like that anyway lol.
Realm
Regular
Regular

Postby HypnotizeMike » May 23rd, 2010, 12:09 pm

Sometimes, I wish that some of the files were simpler. They try to combine 4 or 5 effects into the same file. I guess that if you are really good at hypnosis that it isn't as big of a deal, but I want the pick and choose options. Instead of a dog transformation file that includes obeying a master, walking on all fours, etc. how about one file that just covers your body with fur; another that makes you bark like a dog; a third that makes you unable to stand on just two legs.
HypnotizeMike
Regular
Regular

Postby neopie » May 23rd, 2010, 12:25 pm

Small behavior changes- Having to bend at the waist, finding that you cannot say a common word like a, or maybe believe that your name is something else.
neopie

Postby Realm » May 23rd, 2010, 8:22 pm

That's a very good point, Mike. There are plenty of files here that I've had an interest in trying but passed up because they contained one or two things I didn't want. Even the first induction I ever listened to had strong D\s overtones that weren't included in the description. Far from helping me get into trance, it makes it harder to trust the person talking.
Realm
Regular
Regular

Postby slutinmyhead » July 21st, 2010, 1:03 am

I tend to include a lot of different suggestions in my files. You always hear people won't do things they don't want to do anyway, and I tend to prefer files with some surprises myself. I can see where simpler files might be more effective, but it takes a long time to write new inductions for five similarly-themed files when you can just do one longer one that has it all. The inductions are typically the most boring, time consuming parts to write. You compose five pages telling someone to relax, then just want to go crazy! So I do.

I will keep you guys in mind though as I write new scripts. A couple with small behavioral changes might be interesting to compare (voting, feedback, number of downloads) with the more complex files on this site.
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Return to File Ideas, Scripts, and Challenges