scrpit writeing?

A place to discuss file ideas, work on scripts with others, or just issue a challenge to see who can create the best file/script.

Moderator: EMG

scrpit writeing?

Postby zerohour » August 21st, 2010, 7:32 pm

i dont understand how to write a script :? could someone explain it to me
zerohour
Regular
Regular

Re: scrpit writeing?

Postby Jeshi » August 22nd, 2010, 12:04 am

zerohour wrote:i dont understand how to write a script :? could someone explain it to me

You open up a text editor, Such as Notepad, Microsoft Word, or OpenOffice.
Then you push keys on your keyboard to make words appear on the screen. (Like magic!)

This is called "Writing".

Now the script portion is something else. It's not like Virtual Hypnotist where scripts have to be written in a programming language. Writing hypnosis scripts is similar to writing dialog for a character.

You should probably just study some hypnosis techniques and then think about what you want to write. Do you want to write a full file, induction and all? Or just the basic suggestions to be used in a file with generic inductions.

You have to follow the way that hypnosis works in order for the script to work. You can't just write "You will become a cat." and they physically transform into a cat. Besides defying the laws of physics(Which by the way, Hypnosis can not do.) Simply stating something usually doesn't make the suggestion very strong.

You'll have to go in detail as to what you expect to happen, as well as repeat yourself way more than you think is necessary(but don't go too overboard, if you repeat yourself so much the subject gets restless, they might wake up.) When you're under hypnosis, you don't even realize how repetitive it is. Whenever I heard hypnosis being done when I'm awake I always think "Wow, I can't believe it actually sounds like that in reality. Everything always sounds so much more logical when I'm under. And there doesn't seem to be such long pauses between the same sentence being repeated twice."

So yeah, there's plenty of books on how to learn hypnosis. And they will probably include tips on script writing. There might even be online tutorials.

Just keep in mind that associating things with pleasure works better than associating things with pain.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby DKaiser » August 22nd, 2010, 2:07 pm

Script writing is an odd art, but one that's pretty easy once you've done it a couple of times.

As Jeshi mentioned, go look up general techniques on hypnosis. This could be reading a book on it, or my preferred way of reading/listening to already existing scripts to see how they do it(and consequently, figuring out what seems to work well and what doesn't).

Second is the tempo of the piece. Hypnosis works best at a steady tempo, where you don't really speed up, slow down, or take long dramatic pauses. While part of that is in the voicing of the file, you need to write it out well too. This takes a bit of practice, getting used to figuring out how long a line is not by the letters, but by how many syllables are in it.

Third is the tone. If you're writing a file for a submissive audience, then the wording and tone will be different than if you're writing a file for beginning trancers. If you have any experience with writing in general, this shouldn't be too hard, provided you make sure to decide what you want the tone to be ahead of time.

My advice: Look around. There's lots of good examples of different styles of script writing here on the site. Also, if you're writing this for your own use, try and figure out what styles work best for you. For example, EMG prefers a direct, repetitive style, while Calimore is more into NLP work and subtlety. One isn't necessarily better than the other, they work better for different people. Figure out what sort of things work well with you, and try to work some of that style into your pieces.
http://tinyurl.com/2emkrpk
Enjoy my files? Donate!
DKaiser
Mentor
Mentor

Postby demigraff » August 22nd, 2010, 9:42 pm

Or if you're just looking for a free premium membership, you'll probably find it easier to write a script for an existing file. Pick a file that doesn't have a script already, and set it playing. You may want to skip the induction (either download the "body" file, or skip forward until the start of the suggestions... somewhere around 11:20 in many of EMG's files). Open notepad (or vi, or whatever) and start typing the words as you hear them.

There's 3 ways to do this:
  • Pause the file after each line and type what you heard, or
  • Type very quickly, or
  • Type as you're listening, skipping bits if you can't keep up, then loop the file until you got the whole thing

The last method is very good if you want the file to get into your head while you're typing. The first is better if you don't.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby tomtom-phs » October 18th, 2010, 9:45 am

Google for examples of hypnosis scripts if you can't download one from here and see how they are written. Study several of the type of script you want to write such as induction, deepener, suggestion, etc. Then give it a shot.
:wink:
tomtom-phs
Regular
Regular

Return to File Ideas, Scripts, and Challenges