Going to start my research soon.

A place to discuss file ideas, work on scripts with others, or just issue a challenge to see who can create the best file/script.

Moderator: EMG

Going to start my research soon.

Postby beesman » March 11th, 2011, 10:50 pm

So, I am a man of science and marijuana. Seeing as I have a lot of free time and a lot of brain cells, I'm starting a project soon---this thread will be the official thread once I get it all together. What is my research? I think Binaurals are far more powerful than we think, and we are using them wrong. Not to insult some of the great files on this site, but theres one problem---the only way to make a binaural that is 100% effective is to custom-tune it.
Which is why I just ordered this.

http://www.emotiv.com/

It will show me all four of the major brainwaves (Alpha, Beta, Delta and Theta) in real time as I custom tune my binaural. I don't believe anyone has ever made a Binaural while looking at the waves its effecting--and I have a feeling this will make them much, much, MUCH more effective.

So, I was wondering if the community on this site has any feedback on the nature of my experiment, or even ideas of their own.
I am also looking for anyone to send me Binaural's they know worked for them, as well as simple info such as Age, sex, fetishes, State standard IQ and ethnicity.
If you want to participate, send your "working" binaural and simple info to
digital_controller@hotmail.com
I'm hoping for this to be an exciting experiment.
beesman

Postby Calad » March 12th, 2011, 9:56 pm

The only time research is a waste of time is if you give up. I really think this is an interesting idea and would love to hear your results. Also I wouldn`t exclude Gamma brainwaves in your research.
Calad

Postby sarnoga » March 13th, 2011, 8:25 am

Hey Beesman,

I would agree with Calad, but with one addition. Research can also be a waste of time if it is so flawed that the results are meaningless or misleading.

I like the concept. It should be interesting. Two things come to mind. One, it might turn out that fine tuning a binaural, as you described, must be done separately for each individual listener. The results you have with a particular binaural might not be the results another gets.

The other is the equipment. I went to the website you mentioned to take a look. Very interesting. I'd be even more interested to know if it works. Looked like a scam to me, though I am not necessarily the most trusting of people. I am afraid you might be terribly disappointed when your equipment arrives.

They seem to be suggesting that the combination of their hardware and software will allow someone to control their computer with their thoughts. You will, I hope, forgive me for being skeptical.

What you need for your research is a piece of scientific equipment. What you are likely to receive is a toy. I hope I am wrong. Your idea is good.

Regards,

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Meager Contributions

Postby Calimore » March 13th, 2011, 4:12 pm

It took me three years to fine tune the binaurals I offered for authors to use as backgrounds for their files. All one need to do is to throw one of these files onto a piece of software that does comparative frequency analysis on multiple audio channels and you will find some intriguing patterns developing before your eyes.

An author search will show you which files I mean, and although these files make it possible for ANYONE to augment a non-binaural file and submit it as a binaural (my "bailiwick", as it were), I still felt the contibution would benefit more people than what I had been doing for the WMM membership while challenging me to offer even better files for everyone's consideration.

So, before you go off spending bucks and time on new and interesting things, it might behoove you to look at everything this site already has to offer? Those background binaurals seem to work for anyone who uses them, and all I ask is that file authors mention in their file description that the binaural version was made possible by Calimore.

Or not. Doesn't matter either way, so long as you get your listener into trance and give them the results they desire. THAT'S the most important thing, no matter what anyone else says, so long as it does them or others no harm whatsoever.
If you only Believe in Hypnosis, It can Change Your Life.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby beesman » March 14th, 2011, 2:36 pm

sarnoga wrote:Hey Beesman,

I would agree with Calad, but with one addition. Research can also be a waste of time if it is so flawed that the results are meaningless or misleading.

I like the concept. It should be interesting. Two things come to mind. One, it might turn out that fine tuning a binaural, as you described, must be done separately for each individual listener. The results you have with a particular binaural might not be the results another gets.

The other is the equipment. I went to the website you mentioned to take a look. Very interesting. I'd be even more interested to know if it works. Looked like a scam to me, though I am not necessarily the most trusting of people. I am afraid you might be terribly disappointed when your equipment arrives.

They seem to be suggesting that the combination of their hardware and software will allow someone to control their computer with their thoughts. You will, I hope, forgive me for being skeptical.

What you need for your research is a piece of scientific equipment. What you are likely to receive is a toy. I hope I am wrong. Your idea is good.

Regards,

Sarnoga

I have enough trust in the software, seeing as I am dumping $1000 bucks on the research edition of the headset. However, for all I know it could turn out to be a disappointing piece of equipment. But I would like to verify that controlling a computer with your mind is not new--the past few years have shown leaps and bounds of advancements in this field. For example---
http://www.neurosky.com/
This is another product except tuned more for games and accessibility. The channel G4 did a special on it and how amazing it was. Even CNN had one of their anchors test out the "Force training" attachment where you control the height of a ball in a chamber by how strongly you concentrate.
My point is that the technology is real---all I have to do is hope the company I chose to get my product from is legit.
beesman

Re: Meager Contributions

Postby beesman » March 14th, 2011, 2:46 pm

Calimore wrote:It took me three years to fine tune the binaurals I offered for authors to use as backgrounds for their files. All one need to do is to throw one of these files onto a piece of software that does comparative frequency analysis on multiple audio channels and you will find some intriguing patterns developing before your eyes.

An author search will show you which files I mean, and although these files make it possible for ANYONE to augment a non-binaural file and submit it as a binaural (my "bailiwick", as it were), I still felt the contibution would benefit more people than what I had been doing for the WMM membership while challenging me to offer even better files for everyone's consideration.

So, before you go off spending bucks and time on new and interesting things, it might behoove you to look at everything this site already has to offer? Those background binaurals seem to work for anyone who uses them, and all I ask is that file authors mention in their file description that the binaural version was made possible by Calimore.

Or not. Doesn't matter either way, so long as you get your listener into trance and give them the results they desire. THAT'S the most important thing, no matter what anyone else says, so long as it does them or others no harm whatsoever.

I'm not trying to undermine your hard work---I'm sure your files have had great effect on many people, and I will make sure to give them a listen. But, when you consider that many people require different hypnotism styles to enter trance, it becomes hard for me to think a single binaural, no matter how expert, could possibly work on everyone.
Everyones brain functions differently to stimuli, be it visual or audio.

Now, think for a moment---how much easier would it be to make a binaural if you could see, down to the last detail, every effect it was having on the listener. It could make the difference between helping them into trance to forcing them down into a state--or anywhere in-between. I don't know exactly what it will do yet, but I know one thing---it's easier to paint a picture with your eyes open.

I'm going to give those files a listen tonight if I can find the time and an appropriate file.
beesman

Postby krj81 » March 21st, 2011, 8:39 am

I know someone who uses an EEG while authoring his binaurals and during hypnosis sessions. I'll get to witness its use early next month. :)

I wonder if monitoring your own brainwaves real-time while attempting to entrain them might produce funky results. The act of observation will probably have some degree of influence on the results.

Interesting idea; I look forward to your results!
krj81

Return to File Ideas, Scripts, and Challenges