Guilt, Shame, Resentment Suggestions

A place to discuss file ideas, work on scripts with others, or just issue a challenge to see who can create the best file/script.

Moderator: EMG

Postby zapnosis » August 5th, 2012, 5:58 pm

Well, we seem to be short of experts... I would deduce from my own experiences that negative motivation can be more powerful than positive, but it is less desirable in general. Negative input into the subconscious mind will lead to negative thinking. This is why some people are always miserable, even when nothing is wrong. Just my opinion...
Regards
Z
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby twich » August 6th, 2012, 6:01 pm

I actually have come to realize you really want to do both. Having a positive felling when doing the desired behavior, and a negative feeling when not. I have also noticed that the subconscious is much more receptacle to positives then negatives, hence why providing it with a choice, a positive feeling for doing something, and a negative feeling for not, seems to work even better than just a positive.

I also have doubts that rage or anger could ever be used positively in hypnosis, albeit they can be very effective when used to make someone dislike something (if you wanted not to eat unhealthy food, connect a negative emotion to doing so). Something that should also be remembered is that this is a fetish site, the negatives emotions in files may simply be there to provide files for a wider audience.

But I'm going to stick with my initial statement that a positive being attached to the desired behavior and a negative being attached to the negative would probably yield the best results. Especially when the person is given a choice between feeling good or feeling bad, as it would reinforce feeling good, hence reinforcing the desired change. (Unless of course the person licensing's a masochist, then well, I'd expect the file to have the exact opposite effect.)
twich
Regular
Regular

Postby zapnosis » August 7th, 2012, 7:09 am

Arch, you flatter me!

I see now what you meant by counterintuitive. Well, when it comes to mind control, I have learned not to say "it can't be done." However, my own working theory is that MC is not about putting someone in a situation where they can't resist, it's about putting someone in a situation where they won't resist - a balance of coercion and temptation. In that case, conflicting urges are better avoided. For example, I have noticed that when suggestions clash between 2 different files, the listener tends to feel uncomfortable with their trancing and so they tend to change how they trance or stop altogether.

So to use a balance of temptation and coercion (agreeing with twich's point), negative feeling would be the coercion. I have dabbled with using fear, shame and guilt for this purpose and it seems to work well enough. Could the negative feeling be the temptation? Yes, the most obvious examples being humiliation and weakness for submissive types, but how well it would work with other feelings I don't know.

Anger I would say is a difficult one because it tends to be very specific - people tend to be angry at one particular thing, person or group. Also people tend to be angry at things that they have to deal with regularly, e.g. someone is more likely to be angry about spam in their inbox than a far greater injustice happening on another continent. In other words, anger has to be tailored to the listener and their own perspective whereas shame or fear can be more general. Just theorising, you understand.

Is any of that helpful?
Regards
Z
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby twich » August 7th, 2012, 1:05 pm

I've always liked the idea of a carrot on a stick and a cattle prod on the other end haha.

I find for myself at least a consequence for not doing something suggested, and a reward for doing something suggested makes me most likly to obey the suggestion, as it is a consious desision.

As for the owned and obidient file, maybe its because you didn't want to be owned and obidient? Its dificult to have a suggestion stick if the subject doesn't want it too.
twich
Regular
Regular

Postby Revolution » October 8th, 2012, 3:09 pm

People attach plenty of emotional energy to what is not wanted. That converts what is not wanted into a an anchor. Items forbidden and having reminders of their being forbidden will be repeatedly though about so mentally rehearsed. Repetition of thought establishes the pattern of thought. This is like easy waking up for the bathroom use when a diaper is worn.
zapnosis wrote:Arch, you flatter me!

I see now what you meant by counterintuitive. Well, when it comes to mind control, I have learned not to say "it can't be done." However, my own working theory is that MC is not about putting someone in a situation where they can't resist, it's about putting someone in a situation where they won't resist - a balance of coercion and temptation. In that case, conflicting urges are better avoided. For example, I have noticed that when suggestions clash between 2 different files, the listener tends to feel uncomfortable with their trancing and so they tend to change how they trance or stop altogether.

So to use a balance of temptation and coercion (agreeing with twich's point), negative feeling would be the coercion. I have dabbled with using fear, shame and guilt for this purpose and it seems to work well enough. Could the negative feeling be the temptation? Yes, the most obvious examples being humiliation and weakness for submissive types, but how well it would work with other feelings I don't know.

Anger I would say is a difficult one because it tends to be very specific - people tend to be angry at one particular thing, person or group. Also people tend to be angry at things that they have to deal with regularly, e.g. someone is more likely to be angry about spam in their inbox than a far greater injustice happening on another continent. In other words, anger has to be tailored to the listener and their own perspective whereas shame or fear can be more general. Just theorising, you understand.

Is any of that helpful?
Regards
Z
Revolution

Return to File Ideas, Scripts, and Challenges