Curse Swimmer's Body

A place to post about the success you've had with the various files

Moderator: EMG

Curse Swimmer's Body

Postby rbbrnsteelslave » February 16th, 2006, 4:19 am

I have been using Curse Swimmer's body for the last 3 days, having listened to the actually hypnosis and the subliminal version. What I have noticed happening to me is interesting and I believe my body is starting to make some adjustments all ready in just that short time.

What I have found:
1. I feel hotter, the usual blankets that I have on at night time, one of them gets thrown off while sleeping due to too much heat.
2. I feel more energized during the day, even when waking up I am ready to start the day.
3. My weight has been at a plateau for the last few weeks and is now starting to drop again.
4. I am making a more earnest attempt to go to the gym.

I will keep this forum posted as to how it is working in the long run. To be honest, I don't look at this as a curse, this to me will be more helpful to me in the long run than it being a curse.

Just so you know, I started at 246lbs and was hovering at 237.5lbs for a few weeks, this morning I was at 237lbs with no change in diet or being able to hit the gym (damn upgrades to the power system).

:twisted:

RubberandSteel.
rbbrnsteelslave

Please do let me know.

Postby indieProducer » March 24th, 2006, 10:16 pm

I am a beleiver in the power of the human mind, but I am slightly leary of a mp3 file that claims to make a fat fuck like myself have a swimmers ody. I am very interested in trying the file, though. Let me know how it works out for you.
indieProducer

Postby nuit09 » March 24th, 2006, 10:41 pm

FWIW: I just ( afew weeks ago) read a peer reviewed article that said that just thinking about exercise or rather visualizing exercising causes the same metabolic and protein processes that occur from exercise. muscle fiber breakdown and rebuilding etc. Therefore it is in my opinion possible that hypnosis would be capable of activating the same mechanisms in a far more effecient manner than ordinary visualization.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 24th, 2006, 11:48 pm

Cite source: Philip Cohen, reporting on the annual Society of Neuroscience in the November issue of New Scientist, called the new findings a “couch potatoes dream.” Researchers have discovered that imagining exercise can increase the strength of even large muscles. Using ten volunteers between the ages of 20 and 35 to imagine flexing one of their biceps as hard as possible in imaging sessions five times a week, volunteers showed a 13.5% increase in strength. There was no change for the control group who did not participate in the mental gymnastics. Additionally, the volunteers maintained their strength gain for three months following the end of the mental session.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 25th, 2006, 12:21 am

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1591.html

Mental gymnastics increase bicep strength
19:00 21 November 2001
From New Scientist Print Edition. Philip Cohen

25 July 2001
Guang Ye
American Society of Exercise Physiology
Muscle disorders, Medline
It is a couch potato's dream - just imagining yourself exercising can increase the strength of even your large muscles. The discovery could help patients too weak to exercise to start recuperating from stroke or other injury. And if the technique works in older people, they might use it to help maintain their strength.

Muscles move in response to impulses from nearby motor neurons. The firing of those neurons in turn depends on the strength of electrical impulses sent by the brain.

"That suggests you can increase muscle strength solely by sending a larger signal to motor neurons from the brain," says Guang Yue, an exercise physiologist at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Ohio.

Yue and his colleagues have already found that mentally visualising exercise was enough to increase strength in a muscle in the little finger, which it uses to move sideways. Now his team has turned its attention to a larger, more frequently used muscle, the bicep.

Thought experiment
They asked 10 volunteers aged 20 to 35 to imagine flexing one of their biceps as hard as possible in training sessions five times a week. The researchers recorded the electrical brain activity during the sessions. To ensure the volunteers were not unintentionally tensing, they also monitored electrical impulses at the motor neurons of their arm muscles.

Every two weeks, they measured the strength of the volunteers' muscles. The volunteers who thought about exercise showed a 13.5 per cent increase in strength after a few weeks, and maintained that gain for three months after the training stopped. Controls who missed out on the mental workout showed no improvement in strength.

The researchers are now repeating the experiment with people aged 65 to 80 to see if mental gymnastics also works for them.

The research was presented at the Society for Neuroscience conference in San Diego.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby CuriousG » March 25th, 2006, 8:59 pm

A half-pound loss could just be an anomaly. Don't get over-excited about it. Conversely, if you appear to gain a half-pound, don't worry about it. Going to the gym is also good. Even though you _could_ increase muscle strength by "mental gymnastics" alone, I'm sure that actual excercise doesn't hurt.

Keep excercising and eating right, no matter what else you decide to do.
CuriousG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby goldragon_70 » March 25th, 2006, 9:08 pm

CuriousG wrote: I'm sure that actual excercise doesn't hurt.

It helps to build body coordination too. Most studies that I have seen that show mental train can improve a person in a way, they also had the person do what they were mentally training in, in real life, so as to give them an experience to draw from. Can't train to swim if you don't know how.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby raincity » June 10th, 2006, 1:43 am

I think to get the best results in that situation, it would be better to start out with a combo of weight loss scripts and exercise motivation, maybe metabolism increase as well, to get the weight down first. Then move on to the Swimmer's body script. It seems more designed to tone your body in a certain way as opposed to dropping weight.
raincity

Postby CuriousG » June 10th, 2006, 1:59 pm

nuit09 wrote:FWIW: I just ( afew weeks ago) read a peer reviewed article that said that just thinking about exercise or rather visualizing exercising causes the same metabolic and protein processes that occur from exercise. muscle fiber breakdown and rebuilding etc. Therefore it is in my opinion possible that hypnosis would be capable of activating the same mechanisms in a far more effecient manner than ordinary visualization.

Possibly, but remember that hypnosis is just particularly intense visualization.

Besides, real excercise is the more efficient by far.

Also, think of the nature of EMG's files. While visualizing an excercise may stimulate a muscle, I'd be a bit more skeptical about the effects of simply visualizing bigger muscles. EMG focuses on effect, not cause, in his files.
CuriousG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby grubs » June 24th, 2006, 3:13 pm

Just wondering if there was an update on your progress… It’s been almost half a year since you made your initial report – losing half a pound – and nothing since. Just wondering if it’s working/how well it worked/etc (I know, results very per person, yada yada).

I am heavily considering using the file myself, in conjuncture with the weight loss, muscle growth, increased metabolism & exercise enforcer files that were suggested as a combo alternative to help speed up the process. Get myself encouraged/force to get out to the gym, metabolism & weight loss to help shed the pounds fast & muscle growth to help boost the pick up, and swimmers body to help balance it all out as it were…

Was just wondering bout how quick results would show? I get to head back to school mid-Aug, and I wouldn’t mind heading back to school looking less like Buddha and more like (insert name of well toned male celeb)… Or at least on a pretty good start. Would have to lose bout a pound & half a day (not counting the mass added by any muscle gain) in order to get to my desired weight by the time I go back… prob’ not do able… But at least I’d have gotten started…
grubs

Postby LDark » June 26th, 2006, 5:25 pm

I'm also curious about this file... I think I'll PM him, asking about his progress.

... Or check his journal?
LDark
Regular
Regular

Return to Success Stories