New Concept - Fix the Gallery

A place to post about the success you've had with the various files

Moderator: EMG

New Concept - Fix the Gallery

Postby bbobsaget1515 » July 7th, 2017, 6:43 pm

@EMG - you have made the claim that the "Gallery is in the process of being fixed/updated" for the past two years.

Come on now... if you need assistance with coding for your site, ask for help!

There are those of us in the community (myself included) which would love to help you develop further!!

Please, just either post in Announcements stating the Gallery is never coming back, or get legit and get it fixed. Several members here have questioned this repeatedly over the past years, and it seems that it would be a huge asset to the site & community if this component were re-instituted.

All that aside: love your work & the community you have built.. <3 And keep building!
bbobsaget1515

Re: New Concept - Fix the Gallery

Postby EMG » July 9th, 2017, 4:33 pm

The problem is that the old gallery which we based everything on is no longer supported in any way, it's a dead branch.

I've found a replacement but haven't been able to fully integrate it with the site and that makes it pretty worthless. Once I do I have to build a script to port everything from one gallery system to another.

So, if someone wants to write a script to convert Gallery3 to Coppermine I'll certainly be interested.

Beyond that I work a regular job, maintain 3 websites(one which is still completely down) and have a family. Since the crash I simply haven't had the time.

Know what I did today, I spent 5 hours restoring Kei's files so that my users can have access to them again and I'm still 40 files short. That doesn't include the other 10+ payfile authors(some of whom have helped a TON). There's also about 350 orphaned regular files needing restored.

What did you do with your day?
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Concept - Fix the Gallery

Postby robindf1 » July 11th, 2017, 12:34 am

Thanks, EMG. I mostly come to talk to people and read the forums, so it's a bit of a blow that so much was deleted, but I'm happy that you're taking the time to do whatever you can to help us out here. <3
robindf1
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Success Stories