Could someone describe what it's like to be in trance?

A place to post about the success you've had with the various files

Moderator: EMG

Could someone describe what it's like to be in trance?

Postby DrRourke » May 4th, 2006, 4:31 am

Because I'm pretty sure I'm not going about it right... it feels like I'm stopping myself before I get too far, and I want to find out if I can stop that, and possibly how... thanks in advance.
DrRourke

Postby cardigan » May 4th, 2006, 11:49 pm

Well, it varies for all people, but a few general things, that are probably true:

You feel very relaxed. You feel very focused on what the hypnotist is saying. Your breathing becomes very slight, slow and almost superficial.
You may feel that arms, hands, feet start to tingle, or you may feel that you are floating.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby goldragon_70 » May 5th, 2006, 7:40 pm

Strang thing is that I can drive in a trance. :P But that's a good way to show when we go into trance. Another instance in driving is when you are driving and you don't remember going by a place.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby Smokescale » May 5th, 2006, 10:30 pm

I myself have not acheived full trance while listening to the files as of yet but what I have experienced is a total numbness in my arms all the way up to my shoulders. I've begun feeling a tingling in my toes and chest but only a slight sensation. I find I end up falling asleep if I listen to it at night before I go to bed so I try to do it in the middle of the day.
"I merely chewed in self-defense...but I never swallowed" Draco- Dragonheart
Smokescale
Regular
Regular

Postby goldragon_70 » May 7th, 2006, 5:32 pm

That numbness is a good indication that you are atleast in a light trance. I've done this enough, that I don't notice it, and can move, and even do basic task while in trance.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby missypuss » May 9th, 2006, 6:56 am

There is the numbness,
there is also the zoning out of everything except that which you are concentrating on.
Do you notice that?
That zoning out when you are trying so hard to concentrate?
Be it on someting you listen to
or something you are reading,
or looking at,
Sometimes you just zone out when you try to hard to concentrate.
You may find that you start to drift a little
And that you lose track of whats being spoken
or what you are reading or listening to,
but thats ok,
just keep going,
You want to listen,
you want to look ,
it feels so good,
dont worry about drifting away,
feeling fuzzy round the edges,
thats ok.
Just drift away,
Into the lovely muzzy sleepy place,
where all that matters is that you obey,

MMMmmmmmm Now where was I ????? :P
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby jeremiah » May 9th, 2006, 7:41 pm

Lol Missypuss, you know everything about hypnosis.
:
jeremiah
Mentor
Mentor

Postby syfire » May 9th, 2006, 8:11 pm

For me, i think i have achieved the full trance, the one where you completely sleep away. I have listened the Total Control Training file, and the last thing a can remember is "5, you're now fully awake"
syfire

Postby missypuss » May 10th, 2006, 12:37 am

jeremiah wrote:Lol Missypuss, you know everything about hypnosis.
:

Why I only know what my Masters have taught me "Jeremiah" (and I love to be hypnotised.)
Its a state of my mind.............. :wink: x
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby Smokescale » May 10th, 2006, 12:38 am

Well, feel free to educate the rest of us... I think we'd all love to have a teacher like you *wink-wink-nudge-nudge-grin-grin-say-no-more-say-no-more*
Smokescale
Regular
Regular

Postby missypuss » May 11th, 2006, 12:25 am

Smokescale wrote:Well, feel free to educate the rest of us... I think we'd all love to have a teacher like you *wink-wink-nudge-nudge-grin-grin-say-no-more-say-no-more*

Why how positively pythonesque of you " Smokesscale" if you want me to teach you, then you just "hop on a little ol plane" and get your scaley butt over here and Il give you a few "lessons"..........
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby Smokescale » May 11th, 2006, 12:28 am

If only I could. Oh well...back to finishing my paper on life, the universe, and everything... (seriously...it's an Astronomy final, not just a tribute to Douglas Addams)
Smokescale
Regular
Regular

Postby missypuss » May 11th, 2006, 8:46 am

Theres that universe , then theres the universe we all inhabit in our little web communities...
Which is it you are writing about??
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby Smokescale » May 11th, 2006, 8:49 am

The universe in which everyone is dressed like a cowboy. I call it "The Unified Spagetti Western Theory" ....which sounds like it has more to do with the movies than cosmology but oh well. I'm not majoring in astronomy so I don't gotta take it THAT seriously >^_^<
Smokescale
Regular
Regular

Postby missypuss » May 11th, 2006, 12:09 pm

Nothing wrong with spaghetti westerns (and I have a particular thing for boys with a deep southern drawl....)
I like your universe.
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby Smokescale » May 11th, 2006, 12:49 pm

Zat so? *raises an eyebrow and grins a bit...originally from Louisiana*
Smokescale
Regular
Regular

Postby missypuss » May 11th, 2006, 3:07 pm

Mmmm Louisiana... Im a very English girl with a deep deep love of that accent......
If only we had access to a time machine.
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby Smokescale » May 11th, 2006, 3:10 pm

Indeed...and I love English accents. Oh well...as Pepe Le Pew said..."Le Sigh"
Smokescale
Regular
Regular

Postby missypuss » May 11th, 2006, 3:20 pm

"Time Machine" reference was a "Dr Who" reference...
ie I step in it and there I am in your company , right away.........
Without the need for planes, trains , boats or automobils.........
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby Smokescale » May 11th, 2006, 3:22 pm

Ahhh, you mean if only we had a TARDIS (which I forget what it stands for)...at any rate...A TARDIS would be nice...not just for folks ta meet but to cause all kinds of mischief...like set of fireworks under your parents bed when they're having sex to have you *snickers*
Smokescale
Regular
Regular

Postby missypuss » May 11th, 2006, 3:25 pm

Ummmm ok ..... Thanks.. So my parents shouldnt have sex to have me...
Whatever you think.
Im sure you think the right things.
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby Smokescale » May 11th, 2006, 3:27 pm

*rolls eyes* no no no...not YOU you...you as in the 2nd person. Haven't you ever wondered what kind of shinanigans you could get into if you had a time machine?
Smokescale
Regular
Regular

Postby missypuss » May 11th, 2006, 3:30 pm

No Ive ever only wondered on the use of a time macine for free travel all over the world whenever you like.
Ive never been anywhere..(except Amsterdam)
Free travel would be fantastic!!
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby Smokescale » May 11th, 2006, 3:33 pm

Yeah, free travel would be awesome...though instead of a time machine...I'd opt for a puddle jumper from Stargate Atlantis...though there IS the time travel option on certain models. *shrugs* Oh well...guess I'll just hafta wait until I'm an old geezer to get my flying car.
Smokescale
Regular
Regular

Postby Blink » May 11th, 2006, 3:56 pm

Smokescale wrote:The universe in which everyone is dressed like a cowboy. I call it "The Unified Spagetti Western Theory" ....which sounds like it has more to do with the movies than cosmology but oh well. I'm not majoring in astronomy so I don't gotta take it THAT seriously >^_^<

Astronomy was my lab science, way back when. My grades were bad enough that I have to get a signed release before I can say "bolometric luminosity" out loud. Strangely enough, I've never had to go to the trouble. :wink:
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby Smokescale » May 11th, 2006, 4:16 pm

*nods* I'm SOOOOO glad I'm outta that freaking class...I hated it.
Smokescale
Regular
Regular

Postby Blink » May 11th, 2006, 5:45 pm

Smokescale wrote:Ahhh, you mean if only we had a TARDIS (which I forget what it stands for)...at any rate...A TARDIS would be nice...not just for folks ta meet but to cause all kinds of mischief...like set of fireworks under your parents bed when they're having sex to have you *snickers*

<geek> Time And Relative Dimensions In Space </geek>

...and that fireworks idea would turn a mere bang into a real blast....

-- Blink

...slowly.
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby Blink » May 11th, 2006, 5:54 pm

missypuss wrote:Nothing wrong with spaghetti westerns (and I have a particular thing for boys with a deep southern drawl....)
I like your universe.

We dew have a pahticulah way of speaking down heah. A slow drawl-uh with enough ti-um foah an extra syllable oah two. And not all the arr-us and zhees make it into place zac'ly right.

Damned difficult to convey phonetically through type, but it can be extremely useful to have "on tap" when the need arises. A moment of Southern zen: crank up the accent and say "affectation."

-- Blink

... all the way down to South Carolina.
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby Blink » May 11th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Smokescale wrote:If only I could. Oh well...back to finishing my paper on life, the universe, and everything... (seriously...it's an Astronomy final, not just a tribute to Douglas Addams)

<spelling cop>
Douglas = Adams
Gomez = Addams
</spelling cop>

In stumbling across this thread, I've apparently found the fun spot on Warp.

Obligatory on-topic content: I'm starting to play with the my sub's vision using waking-state commands. He's been an excellent responder to similar commands for physical sensations, and today I was able to get him to notice subtle changes in hue and brightness by telling him to do so. My ultimate goal is to get positive and negative visual hallucinations (which I've done before with a talented somnambulist). Does anyone have any relevant experience to share?

-- Blink

... and hold it....
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby missypuss » May 11th, 2006, 11:57 pm

[/quote]

We dew have a pahticulah way of speaking down heah. A slow drawl-uh with enough ti-um foah an extra syllable oah two. And not all the arr-us and zhees make it into place zac'ly right.

Damned difficult to convey phonetically through type, but it can be extremely useful to have "on tap" when the need arises. A moment of Southern zen: crank up the accent and say "affectation."

-- Blink

... all the way down to South Carolina.[/quote]

The funny thing is that the eqivalent (if there is such a thing) accent in the UK would probably be the West Country accent..
And somehow that accent , does not do the same things to me, no sireee , not at all........... :roll:
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby Smokescale » May 12th, 2006, 12:01 am

I think I know the accent you're talking about and there are a few differences that separate the two. At any rate, accents are cool.
Smokescale
Regular
Regular

Postby missypuss » May 12th, 2006, 11:13 am

Smokescale wrote:I think I know the accent you're talking about and there are a few differences that separate the two. At any rate, accents are cool.

Yeah accents are cool.
Some cooler than others..! x
missypuss
Guru
Guru

when i was younger

Postby gork151 » May 12th, 2006, 11:58 am

there was a guy who could tell where ytou were from country and area of the country by your accent .... people would call in from all over the world and try to stump him ... a few did but he nailed most of them right on .....now with so many communication devices from cell phones internet tv movies i wonder if the regional differences have blended
gork151
Mentor
Mentor

Re: when i was younger

Postby Blink » May 12th, 2006, 3:29 pm

gork151 wrote:there was a guy who could tell where ytou were from country and area of the country by your accent .... people would call in from all over the world and try to stump him ... a few did but he nailed most of them right on .....now with so many communication devices from cell phones internet tv movies i wonder if the regional differences have blended

Mass media has been obliterating regional differences for some time, especially the Southern accent, which is widely viewed as undesirable and indicative of... uh... intellectual underachievement. We're all drifting toward the "Midwestern Standard."

The only time I sound Southern is when I'm trying to. I have the frequent experience of telling people that I'm from South Carolina and having them look at me in mild shock, telling me that I don't sound like I'm from 'round here.

-- Blink

"Grits and gravy and 'hush your mouth':
that's what I like about the South."
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby missypuss » May 13th, 2006, 1:23 am

Yes there is that connotation with the "South" and what it means , which Im sure in the States must mean that the accent is looked upon in a certain way..
Still ,to me , its a drawl I like to listen to, cos all I ever here is English accents.
Theres a guy in the series " Lost" which is running over here. He has the cutest southern drawl "evah" .
Id like to eat him all up! :twisted:
missypuss
Guru
Guru

trance

Postby sleepy134 » May 25th, 2006, 9:40 pm

The secret for me is not to try. Just listen, let go and fall.
sleepy134
Regular
Regular

Return to Success Stories