Pumped Gallery

This is a place for the jocks to discuss the various files to make you more muscle bound, masculine, etc.

Moderator: EMG

Postby BodyBM » August 26th, 2013, 4:17 am

devin2890 wrote:I rest for about 10-15 maybe 20 seconds before I do more and my exercise day are when I go to work and my days off are when I do work. Though I may walk or run and do a tiny bit of ab workout on my days off but nothing too heavy.

Um the free weights lifting is that where you just use the dumb bells or kettle bell and use them to exercise like lungs etc? if that what it is I do some that but just what I know/remember from high school. I do eat Special K protein bar which is my bedtime snack I just eat one a night, I just can't eat cottage cheese can't stand what it looks like smell etc. I use my scale to see my gain/lost instead of calories counting. I do eat fruits and good fat maybe not as much as I should but I'm trying to eat better. I have read that I'm suppose to eat like 5-6 meals a day but I can't seem to eat that many. I need to to eat three but I can't seem to do it but my meals are high in what I need. After I did a low calories diet and lose a good amount of weight I just can't eat more then two main meals and 2 snack ( breaktime at work and bedtime snack ). What other good fat are there ? My family makes it hard to stay with my diet/progress but I'm making it I even got my mother working out as well maybe not as much as me. My active life is about mid-high. I sleep until 10-11ish am and until I go to work I'm moving not as much I walk up and down the stairs about 10-20 times and walk around the house just to move after sitting for 30-45min but as soon as I get to work I'm moving nonstop then i workout right after and I read though not sure how much it true staying up burns about 6?? Calories. Any thing else?

You asked about do bulking up in weights and of course strenght. As I see you are doing some kind of "fitness, fat loosing exercise" now.
In my opinion 10-20 seconds resting time is very few if you are looking for up your mass. Build muscles needs go really heavy and intense in training, so muscles need time to recover/recharge to be able to do the next heavy set, without tire fast and refuse to push the weight. In my opinion there is no way to do a heavy workout effectively just with <1 minute resting time.
Go heavy, you must learn to push the weight with strain!! Select a weight with you can do just 8-10 repeats and train with them for a bigger muscle group (chest, back, legs) and do more repeats 10-14 for other muscles. For abs go more! It is not a problem if you can't press the same repeats for second time, for example for first 10, second 8, third 6.
Try rest between 1-2 minutes between sets for bigger muscle groups, and 1 minute for others. Between exercises you can rest a bit longer if you feel you need. Do at least 3-4 exercises to a muscle group.
There are many ways and systems to do the workouts, it is just a good base and you should experiments a lot in the future what works for you the best. Also sometimes it is great to try new type of exercise to give challenges to your muscles.
Can you tell us more about your current exercises and sets? Just for an example, "chest: 4 exercises, 4 sets, 8-10 reps; bench press, incline dumbell press, dumbel fly, dumbell press 45 degree".
There is a simple way you can use to find your body is ready to do the next set: when you do a heavy set, your pulse rate increases a lot, and you gasping for air. So if it just subsides (for me 1-2 minutes) you can do the next set.

I understand you can't eat cottage cheese, I have the same issue also, so I drink it in mixture with water without try to feel anything. Protein bars are ok, flood your body with proteins, nutrients to let your muscles rebuild from them while you sleep.
Don't worry you can't eat 6 meals a day and just 4. I'm sure later your eating habit will change a lot, just give time to yourself and not stuffing yourself too much (just a bit while monitoring your changes). I'm sure your stomach is now contracted because of the food quantity withdrawal for long time.

Yeah, a hour long heavy workout burn calories like 600 or even more, but it havily depends on the intensity and used weights for the workout, also of the muscle group you train.

For good fats I prefer extra virgine olive oil, flaxseed oil, coconut oil, poppy oil and fish oil. I use my own mixture from these and I just drink it. Also seeds contains good fats: almonds, pumpkin, sunflower, nuts, walnut.
You can buy a glass of extra virgine olive oil in the supermarket, or in any food store. If you can't drink a spoon from it, just use it on some salad or on your vegetables.
BodyBM
Regular
Regular

Postby BodyBM » August 26th, 2013, 7:09 am

slyfox wrote:Thanks for the encouragement! :) I have been eating more recently. I finally got my food scale and I've been using it every day to portion out my meals. I've started my diet at around 3000 calories a day, and tracking my weight, and it looks like it's going up! I might up the caloric intake to 3250 though, just to be on the safe side.

I'm really starting to love flexing in the mirror too. It's so fun! And it's good practice for when I'm up on the stage, showing off what I've got!

Woww man, you learnt a lot and you started to not fear of foods! Well, your eat more, training hard like a beast thus your bodyweight is going up and you started to feel the power of pump. Sooo super!
So your body is in anabolic state now and I can't see any obstacle in front of your progress now. :)

About flexing, in my opinion flexing is good, important and of course fun as you said, in bodybuilding. It also builds, strengthens the mind and muscle connection and also a must to do for those who plan to compete. With flexing we learn to concentrate to muscle contract. I often flex between sets in rest periods for short times.
After the workout I often flex also, sometimes my full body too, it feels somehow horny and ecstatic that happened I just came while I did it. So don't do it for long time! Ehehehe
BodyBM
Regular
Regular

Postby slyfox » August 26th, 2013, 8:26 am

BodyBM wrote:
After the workout I often flex also, sometimes my full body too, it feels somehow horny and ecstatic that happened I just came while I did it. So don't do it for long time! Ehehehe

Haha, you came while flexing? For me, that's encouragement to do it even more! XD
slyfox
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BodyBM » August 26th, 2013, 9:38 am

slyfox wrote:Haha, you came while flexing? For me, that's encouragement to do it even more! XD

Yes sure, but you shouldn't overdo flexing to try reach this, just concentrate to the maximal muscle contraction! Ehehe
I was horny a lot after my workout, I flexed my full body for a while and it felt soooo good I didn't stop just took some pauses, and suddenly that just happened. Umh I stop talking about and off the topic, before Herr Direktor breaks my toy again and kicks out my ass from here.. Sure I'm dancing on the edge again. :D
BodyBM
Regular
Regular

Postby 5HA99Y » August 26th, 2013, 7:14 pm

BodyBM wrote:
devin2890 wrote:I rest for about 10-15 maybe 20 seconds before I do more and my exercise day are when I go to work and my days off are when I do work. Though I may walk or run and do a tiny bit of ab workout on my days off but nothing too heavy.

Um the free weights lifting is that where you just use the dumb bells or kettle bell and use them to exercise like lungs etc? if that what it is I do some that but just what I know/remember from high school. I do eat Special K protein bar which is my bedtime snack I just eat one a night, I just can't eat cottage cheese can't stand what it looks like smell etc. I use my scale to see my gain/lost instead of calories counting. I do eat fruits and good fat maybe not as much as I should but I'm trying to eat better. I have read that I'm suppose to eat like 5-6 meals a day but I can't seem to eat that many. I need to to eat three but I can't seem to do it but my meals are high in what I need. After I did a low calories diet and lose a good amount of weight I just can't eat more then two main meals and 2 snack ( breaktime at work and bedtime snack ). What other good fat are there ? My family makes it hard to stay with my diet/progress but I'm making it I even got my mother working out as well maybe not as much as me. My active life is about mid-high. I sleep until 10-11ish am and until I go to work I'm moving not as much I walk up and down the stairs about 10-20 times and walk around the house just to move after sitting for 30-45min but as soon as I get to work I'm moving nonstop then i workout right after and I read though not sure how much it true staying up burns about 6?? Calories. Any thing else?

You asked about do bulking up in weights and of course strenght. As I see you are doing some kind of "fitness, fat loosing exercise" now.
In my opinion 10-20 seconds resting time is very few if you are looking for up your mass. Build muscles needs go really heavy and intense in training, so muscles need time to recover/recharge to be able to do the next heavy set, without tire fast and refuse to push the weight. In my opinion there is no way to do a heavy workout effectively just with <1 minute resting time.
Go heavy, you must learn to push the weight with strain!! Select a weight with you can do just 8-10 repeats and train with them for a bigger muscle group (chest, back, legs) and do more repeats 10-14 for other muscles. For abs go more! It is not a problem if you can't press the same repeats for second time, for example for first 10, second 8, third 6.
Try rest between 1-2 minutes between sets for bigger muscle groups, and 1 minute for others. Between exercises you can rest a bit longer if you feel you need. Do at least 3-4 exercises to a muscle group.
There are many ways and systems to do the workouts, it is just a good base and you should experiments a lot in the future what works for you the best. Also sometimes it is great to try new type of exercise to give challenges to your muscles.
Can you tell us more about your current exercises and sets? Just for an example, "chest: 4 exercises, 4 sets, 8-10 reps; bench press, incline dumbell press, dumbel fly, dumbell press 45 degree".
There is a simple way you can use to find your body is ready to do the next set: when you do a heavy set, your pulse rate increases a lot, and you gasping for air. So if it just subsides (for me 1-2 minutes) you can do the next set.

I understand you can't eat cottage cheese, I have the same issue also, so I drink it in mixture with water without try to feel anything. Protein bars are ok, flood your body with proteins, nutrients to let your muscles rebuild from them while you sleep.
Don't worry you can't eat 6 meals a day and just 4. I'm sure later your eating habit will change a lot, just give time to yourself and not stuffing yourself too much (just a bit while monitoring your changes). I'm sure your stomach is now contracted because of the food quantity withdrawal for long time.

Yeah, a hour long heavy workout burn calories like 600 or even more, but it havily depends on the intensity and used weights for the workout, also of the muscle group you train.

For good fats I prefer extra virgine olive oil, flaxseed oil, coconut oil, poppy oil and fish oil. I use my own mixture from these and I just drink it. Also seeds contains good fats: almonds, pumpkin, sunflower, nuts, walnut.
You can buy a glass of extra virgine olive oil in the supermarket, or in any food store. If you can't drink a spoon from it, just use it on some salad or on your vegetables.

Um not sure what the machines are called that is at my work but I try to do 2 to 3 sets and I use as heavy weight as I can use currently and about 8-10 reps in each sets. My work has 4 leg exercise machine 4 arm exercise machine. I try to use all of those during my workout but if I do my upper body I use lighter weights on my legs and vice versa then I walk/run before I quit for the night. Yea I am during that can of exercises but I'm kinda doing more bodybuilding type one now but still trying to stay with a healthy eating habits
5HA99Y
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BodyBM » August 27th, 2013, 6:08 am

devin2890 wrote:Um not sure what the machines are called that is at my work but I try to do 2 to 3 sets and I use as heavy weight as I can use currently and about 8-10 reps in each sets. My work has 4 leg exercise machine 4 arm exercise machine. I try to use all of those during my workout but if I do my upper body I use lighter weights on my legs and vice versa then I walk/run before I quit for the night. Yea I am during that can of exercises but I'm kinda doing more bodybuilding type one now but still trying to stay with a healthy eating habits

I always forget you use only machines it is so unusual for me. Hehe but don't worry, machines are great, for example much less dangerous in comparison with free weights and more easy and quick to change the weight you want to use on it, and also you can build your muscles nicely with those. I prefer to use free weights because I'm just an obsessed gymrat who devoted to power of them.
What is the minimal weight step you can increase on that machine? For example 5.5lbs, 11lbs? 22lbs?

So you train full body at every time, 5 days of a week. Just variating the intensity between the upper and lower body workouts. Am I right?
It is good for beginners with use light weights but later in the progress it is not preferred as it doesn't let the body to regenerate from the previous workout. Your same muscles get almost the same load on 5 days on a week is not too fortunate for build up your mass.
I think you should separate your workouts completely to upper body and lower body days but do the training heavier because you train only your half body at a time. And try REST between sets and exercises as I told you.
What can you lose with try something different for few weeks? I think not lose anything but gain.
Ask me anything you want, freely!

It is very good you try eat clean. Drink a lot of water!
You are doing it well man, just try change something about your training, experiment a bit and watch always for your body reactions.
BodyBM
Regular
Regular

Postby 5HA99Y » August 27th, 2013, 2:17 pm

BodyBM wrote:
devin2890 wrote:Um not sure what the machines are called that is at my work but I try to do 2 to 3 sets and I use as heavy weight as I can use currently and about 8-10 reps in each sets. My work has 4 leg exercise machine 4 arm exercise machine. I try to use all of those during my workout but if I do my upper body I use lighter weights on my legs and vice versa then I walk/run before I quit for the night. Yea I am during that can of exercises but I'm kinda doing more bodybuilding type one now but still trying to stay with a healthy eating habits

I always forget you use only machines it is so unusual for me. Hehe but don't worry, machines are great, for example much less dangerous in comparison with free weights and more easy and quick to change the weight you want to use on it, and also you can build your muscles nicely with those. I prefer to use free weights because I'm just an obsessed gymrat who devoted to power of them.
What is the minimal weight step you can increase on that machine? For example 5.5lbs, 11lbs? 22lbs?

So you train full body at every time, 5 days of a week. Just variating the intensity between the upper and lower body workouts. Am I right?
It is good for beginners with use light weights but later in the progress it is not preferred as it doesn't let the body to regenerate from the previous workout. Your same muscles get almost the same load on 5 days on a week is not too fortunate for build up your mass.
I think you should separate your workouts completely to upper body and lower body days but do the training heavier because you train only your half body at a time. And try REST between sets and exercises as I told you.
What can you lose with try something different for few weeks? I think not lose anything but gain.
Ask me anything you want, freely!

It is very good you try eat clean. Drink a lot of water!
You are doing it well man, just try change something about your training, experiment a bit and watch always for your body reactions.

The weighs on the machines goes up weird ( or that the way it seems to me) on one machine I can do 160 the next weight is 175 then 190 and so on in the same pattern. I'll try out just doing my upper body today since I did my lower body more on Sunday. Thanks for the advices I let you know if I need more info or help.
5HA99Y
Mentor
Mentor

Postby rigsby » August 29th, 2013, 11:26 am

Just posted a 1-month update. Slow and steady. . .
Strong mind, strong body
rigsby
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BodyBM » August 30th, 2013, 6:44 am

rigsby wrote:Just posted a 1-month update. Slow and steady. . .

Hey Rigsby!

I see promising differences between your pics, mainly you lost bodyfat! From your chest, shoulders and arms areas I see this.
You was able to increase the weight you use for lifting, it means your muscles got stronger and you not lost of it.
Can I ask about your bodyweight change between your two pics?
And about your eating, training?
BodyBM
Regular
Regular

Postby rigsby » August 30th, 2013, 11:15 am

BodyBM wrote:
rigsby wrote:Just posted a 1-month update. Slow and steady. . .

Hey Rigsby!

I see promising differences between your pics, mainly you lost bodyfat! From your chest, shoulders and arms areas I see this.
You was able to increase the weight you use for lifting, it means your muscles got stronger and you not lost of it.
Can I ask about your bodyweight change between your two pics?
And about your eating, training?

I don't weigh myself often enough to have good data, but I do it enough to know that my body weight is absolutely trending down. Which is exactly what I expected, since I had a significant amount of fat to lose at the beginning of the year.

I train daily now, and focus mostly on biceps, triceps, and abs. (My legs have always been abnormally strong, for whatever reason.) You can see the "What's your diet like?" thread to find out more about what I'm eating.
Strong mind, strong body
rigsby
Mentor
Mentor

Postby slyfox » August 30th, 2013, 1:17 pm

rigsby wrote:
I train daily now, and focus mostly on biceps, triceps, and abs. (My legs have always been abnormally strong, for whatever reason.) You can see the "What's your diet like?" thread to find out more about what I'm eating.

Just because your legs are already strong is no reason to neglect them, bro. Common misconception with gymbros. Make them stronger! Make them bigger!
slyfox
Mentor
Mentor

Postby rigsby » August 30th, 2013, 2:36 pm

slyfox wrote:
rigsby wrote:

Just because your legs are already strong is no reason to neglect them, bro. Common misconception with gymbros. Make them stronger! Make them bigger!

It would be nice to have a hypno file that stresses arm and leg workouts equally. Sounds like lots of gymbros could benefit.
Strong mind, strong body
rigsby
Mentor
Mentor

Postby rugbyjockca » August 30th, 2013, 3:14 pm

rigsby wrote:
slyfox wrote:
rigsby wrote:

It would be nice to have a hypno file that stresses arm and leg workouts equally. Sounds like lots of gymbros could benefit.

I have strong legs, but that just motivates me to work them harder. Come on, man, grow those wheels!!
rugbyjockca
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BodyBM » August 30th, 2013, 3:20 pm

rugbyjockca wrote:
rigsby wrote:
slyfox wrote:
rigsby wrote:

I have strong legs, but that just motivates me to work them harder. Come on, man, grow those wheels!!

Perfecly! Grow them bigger! Big legs just look enthralling, at least for me sure. By the way I would like to see those "abnormally strong" legs, I've never seen anything similar before.

As Slyfox said, "Make the stronger! Make the bigger!" I will print this wonderful expression and glue it to the leg press machine in the gym.

Maybe useful for a bro, I used a similar "skip train because too big" technique to equalize the strength between my biceps. I'm right handed but my left arm was always stronger (don't ask!), and this difference grown with time. As a solution I simply skip to train my left arm at every second workouts and the strenght equalized slowly between my bics, in few weeks.
The difference was bad for example on concentrated bicep curls I had to use different weights for left and right arms.. And the difference was also visible on size of arms.
BodyBM
Regular
Regular

Postby rigsby » August 30th, 2013, 4:17 pm

rugbyjockca wrote:
rigsby wrote:
slyfox wrote:
rigsby wrote:

Whoa, dudes, you're really twisting my arm! :lol:
Strong mind, strong body
rigsby
Mentor
Mentor

Postby slyfox » August 30th, 2013, 10:22 pm

Had a great leg workout tonight, could barely walk afterwards. Started out with a pyramid set of squats, then did another two half pyramids after that. My legs felt like they were going to fall off, but then I followed up with front squats, leg press, and leg extension (not to mention the hamstrings and calf exercises I did).

Here's what a pyramid looks like, for the curious:

10 reps @ 55% of 1RM (155lbs for me)
8 reps @ 65% (185)
6 reps @ 75% (215)
4 reps @ 85% (245)
3 reps @ 88.5% (255)
2 reps @ 92.5% (265)
6 reps @ 75% (215)

My half pyramids were repeating the last four sets.

Anyway, took a picture of my legs since I noticed I was lacking in that department. I think I've got some pretty good development going on there!
slyfox
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BodyBM » August 31st, 2013, 1:44 pm

slyfox wrote:Had a great leg workout tonight, could barely walk afterwards.
My legs felt like they were going to fall off.
I think I've got some pretty good development going on there!

Dude, you learnt how to train legs well!! Ehehe SUPER!
The pain and that strange feeling just mean you did it right. Don't plan to climb mountain tomorrow!

The workout seems great, as that.. horny photo. I see fantastic thighs there!! Eheh
You are doing very well!
BodyBM
Regular
Regular

Postby xavious » September 3rd, 2013, 8:17 pm

Firebird06 is definitely my favourite. Doesn't hurt that he looked good to begin with and the gradually transformed into a very nice looking jock. Is he erect in that second picture or what?

I'm too lazy myself to really get motivated to work out. At the moment I'm focusing on losing weight by eating better and walking a lot more. I feel something is better than beating myself up and doing nothing. Also I'm more into looking lean and toned more that super big and buff, if I could get either of those things.
xavious
Mentor
Mentor

Postby rugbyjockca » September 4th, 2013, 9:44 am

I've chatted a lot with Firebird, too, and he's a really nice guy to boot.:) I think he's going to be a lifelong friend.

Okay, so I moved last weekend so everything is packed up and the new home is a mess, BUT once the clutter is cleaned up a bit, I promise I'll post some pics. Mostly because I was flexing in the mirror and actually looked big, not "big for me" but decently big, lol.

Still have a long way to go before I'm a bodybuilder but that's the point of progress pics, right?
rugbyjockca
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BodyBM » September 4th, 2013, 10:44 am

rugbyjockca wrote:Still have a long way to go before I'm a bodybuilder but that's the point of progress pics, right?

Right! So we are here to help you to be a true bodybuilder as you wish to be. We'll kick your ass through the way to grow your muscles big as possible, without any excuse.
BodyBM
Regular
Regular

Postby 5HA99Y » September 5th, 2013, 8:43 pm

Just popping in to say I updated my album, it mostly just what I gain so far and today I did my lower body. I did as much as I could and beware my photo shots aren't that good some did come out good but it hard for me to get good shots with my mirror.
5HA99Y
Mentor
Mentor

Postby 5HA99Y » September 7th, 2013, 9:42 pm

Just a tiny update I did my lower body today plus my abs and I been trying to figure out how much calories I eat a day it comes up to around 2800 calories .i been trying to eat something small at work on my breaks it been mostly Special K red berries cereal with soy milk which does get my my protein count I need according to gnc app protein intake per day. It saiid I need about 134g of protein for what I do. I actually get around 165g of protein. I'm starting to my muscle a bit more not a lot to like some. I still got a lot to slim or tone. Any tips on how to get slimmer around the stomach area faster? I know it mostly diet. Tomorrow I'm going to do my upper body and abs , I'm going to try to run as well. If you walk around at work non-stop ( except for a 15 min break) would you consider that moderate activity or high level activity?
5HA99Y
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BodyBM » September 9th, 2013, 5:17 am

devin2890 wrote:Just a tiny update I did my lower body today plus my abs and I been trying to figure out how much calories I eat a day it comes up to around 2800 calories .i been trying to eat something small at work on my breaks it been mostly Special K red berries cereal with soy milk which does get my my protein count I need according to gnc app protein intake per day. It saiid I need about 134g of protein for what I do. I actually get around 165g of protein. I'm starting to my muscle a bit more not a lot to like some. I still got a lot to slim or tone. Any tips on how to get slimmer around the stomach area faster? I know it mostly diet. Tomorrow I'm going to do my upper body and abs , I'm going to try to run as well. If you walk around at work non-stop ( except for a 15 min break) would you consider that moderate activity or high level activity?

Ah good! I was busy. Few of your pics were usable and I can see development on your muscles. Nice calf and thigh, I see you trained them well. Arm also bigger! Anyway 2 weeks is nothing for pack muscle mass or fatloss (do it naturally), these need rather few months to show perceivable results. But I can tell you are doing it well.

Destroy stubborn fat around belly is not an easy task, cos as you loose more fat it becames always more disobedient to lose more from it eheh. You are right about, it mainly depends on diet! There are more approaches to achieve this, intermittent fasting (the start is hard but can accustom quickly), high protein diet, carb cycling diet, etc. These can work well with heavy training, just need time and perseverance from us.
As you are still not on advanced level in bodybuilding, I think you should try high protein diet. Just eat a lot proteins and enough good FATS (always a mistake to cut all fats!!) and carbs just moderately. Eat just few products made of wheat but eat oatmeal instead morning, also after your workout eat rice+vegs you can cook for carb (ask me for recipe if don't know how to cook it) to replenish your muscles glycogen stores. Don't eat carbs before go to bed. Train hard!

As you do well, eat eggs, chicken or other lean meats, vegs (I eat a lot, raw), fruits, oils (drink and eat, not fear of it!!) like nuts and olive/flaxseed oil, eat a bit more on days you do your workouts. I think you should eat ?250g proteins daily and cut some from carbs at the same time. Experiment! Change, watch, control.

Walk around non-stop is not a high level of activity (heart rate remains low from it!) but of course as a moving it is useful for fatloss and to help keep your health well. Running is great! The best for fatloss is HIIT (high intensity interval training) you can do it to speed up your fat burning process.
BodyBM
Regular
Regular

Postby 5HA99Y » November 2nd, 2013, 9:08 pm

just another little update i have been posting for a while mainly cause i wanted to have a little more progress on myself which i posted what i have gotten though they may not be much difference in the photos but i can tell my body is getting stronger and abit smaller in area's i wanted them to be though the ab and chest area is still a w.i.p but it getting there im lifting more and eating a bit better and im not sure if the area below the pec muscle is a start of the " 6 pack" or if it just stomach fat still, it still feels flabby like but somewhat hard but not hard as rock mostly flabby, i cant tell if the hardness is muscle or if it my ribcage. if anyone can tell me what it is ill be thankful. i weigh about 202.6lbs most of that i believe is muscle mass, i hoping by my birthday my abs will be flat and toned maybe not a 6 pack or anything but flat would be nice at the least.
5HA99Y
Mentor
Mentor

Previous

Return to Jocks and Masculinization