How would you customize a jock file?

This is a place for the jocks to discuss the various files to make you more muscle bound, masculine, etc.

Moderator: EMG

How would you customize a jock file?

Postby rigsby » July 24th, 2013, 9:42 pm

I'm hoping this can be a brainstorming thread for how to personalize and customize any jock suggestions.

Using the subject's name is the most obvious one, but would it make sense to add specifics about how a particular person should train? And are there any other tweaks you can think of?
Strong mind, strong body
rigsby
Mentor
Mentor

Postby rugbyjockca » July 24th, 2013, 10:20 pm

Depending on how specific you wanted to be....most sports are very different in how you train for them. Some feature a lot of strength training, others are more about agility, for example. And peoples' bodytypes would come into play too, I'm heavy set and so my training and diet are different than what a skinny dude would need to grow.

Then, there's the "type" of jock...dumb, smart, surfer, brute, frat boy, gym rat....
rugbyjockca
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sfhole2stretch » July 25th, 2013, 11:09 am

Agree it's a very nuanced thing. Some are striving to be giant body builders. Others (like myself) are after lean, lithe, flexible and strong. Think yoga/pilates jock.

It speaks to the great variety of possibilities. So far most files have been focused solely on the giant muscle thing.

I'm inclined to think more generic files focusing on motivation and the establishment of addictive regular training are probably going to be more globally popular.
sfhole2stretch
Mentor
Mentor

Postby rugbyjockca » July 25th, 2013, 11:42 am

sfhole2stretch wrote:Agree it's a very nuanced thing. Some are striving to be giant body builders. Others (like myself) are after lean, lithe, flexible and strong. Think yoga/pilates jock.

It speaks to the great variety of possibilities. So far most files have been focused solely on the giant muscle thing.

I'm inclined to think more generic files focusing on motivation and the establishment of addictive regular training are probably going to be more globally popular.

I agree that general files are a good way to go. A file that encourages consistency, motivation, and an addiction to training is far more useful to more people, because those are traits that all jocks can benefit from.

One thing about the muscle files, though, is that if someone wants to be specific, they should do their research. In addition to lifting weights, bodybuilders ALSO have to get enough rest and good food. Nothing ruins a good file for me than a suggestion like (I'm making this one up) "You will do bench presses every day", because that suggestion would lead to overtraining and injury, not to a big chest.

For anyone looking to make a file, you need to find a good balance between the specific and the general, I think, unless you're just making a file for yourself or one person.
rugbyjockca
Mentor
Mentor

Postby slyfox » July 25th, 2013, 1:55 pm

rugbyjockca wrote:
One thing about the muscle files, though, is that if someone wants to be specific, they should do their research. In addition to lifting weights, bodybuilders ALSO have to get enough rest and good food. Nothing ruins a good file for me than a suggestion like (I'm making this one up) "You will do bench presses every day", because that suggestion would lead to overtraining and injury, not to a big chest.

THIS. SO MUCH. If you're going to hypnotize someone to make them train, at least understand how training works. Muscle is built on rest days, not at the gym. Instead of focusing on the frequency of the training itself, they should focus on the intensity, i.e. instead of saying "train 5 days a week" they should say "when you go to the gym, you will push yourself as hard as you (safely) can." They should also encourage their subject to research what workout plans would work best for them. There are dozens of excellent programs out there and it doesn't take much effort to do the research.

Even better, instead of emphasizing addiction to training, how about emphasizing addiction to building muscle? Someone who is addicted to training is going to overtrain themselves because they only get pleasure from the training. Someone who is addicted to muscle building, however, is going to work out intelligently and eat and sleep as much as they need, because they know that to build muscle properly they need to do all these things. They will become experts on muscle building because that is their passion. Source: personal experience :)
slyfox
Mentor
Mentor

Postby rugbyjockca » July 25th, 2013, 4:48 pm

I agree!

And with all sports, there's a progression. There are a couple jock files that have "you will get a gym membership and start working out". I've had a gym membership for years, and I've been working out 3-6 times a week every week for 2 years. That suggestion is meaningless to me.

I'm at an intermediate point in my training, and my regime is going to be different than someone who is just starting out, or someone with years more experience. Further, if a newbie started using -my- workout, it might not be as effective for them because their conditioning and experience levels are different.

That's not to say that a suggestion can't be made like that, but it's something a hypnotist needs to keep in mind. It applies to all types of jocks, too: every sport has different demands and different expectations depending on experience level.
rugbyjockca
Mentor
Mentor

Postby WatDo » July 27th, 2013, 11:08 pm

I also agree with generalized files for jocks. To be a real jock you must look the part, so obtaining a jock's body is what is required. Jock is just a broad term used to cover many different kinds of people, though it's more like the label for the fit-guy stereotype. Diet is a hit or a miss depending on how it's done. Though healthy eating is always good so it's a mileage may vary kind of thing. Sexual arousal is also good since the state of arousal boosts testosterone. The only issue is the muscle part, since specific descriptions on what kind of muscles a person is striving for helps a lot better than just a vague description. All jocks need some kind of muscle, after all.

Like bodybuilders want freakishly large muscles and low body fat. They treat their bodies like sculptures and since they don't have to practice for sports like football or rugby, they dedicate themselves to their bodies.

A football player would want bulky muscles and wouldn't really worry about body fat unless it slows them down too much depending on their desired position. It varies from person to person, but football players usually have some padding on them.

A swimmer would want moderately sized muscles and low body fat, but enough to maintain buoyancy. Also an affinity for practicing different strokes and techniques to help them out in the water such as working on breath capacity.

A gymnast would basically be like a more streamlined bodybuilder, focusing on flexibility too. So they would probably stay away from weights and do exercises based on body weight or using resistance cables.

So that's where the hard part lies since every "jock" is different. Motivation/Diet/Hormones/Building some kind of muscle is where the common part lies. Some people want to be fit and not be considered a jock. So heck, even using the term jock might be off putting to some. Which again, doesn't make it easier to make a general file. I think that's why the files here are just jock jock jock or bodybuilder bodybuilder bodybuilder since those two things would lead to the more common goals of most of the members here.

Files based on conditioning specific behaviors should be separate, since the common goal is to workout and better our bodies somehow. We all don't want to be dumb, be into sports, or dedicate our lives to just bodybuilding... Well that last thing sounds good to me, but not to everyone else.
WatDo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby JD7790 » July 28th, 2013, 2:53 pm

WatDo wrote:Files based on conditioning specific behaviors should be separate, since the common goal is to workout and better our bodies somehow. We all don't want to be dumb, be into sports, or dedicate our lives to just bodybuilding... Well that last thing sounds good to me, but not to everyone else.

I had a bad experience with a "coach" because he wouldn't care for my boundaries. I had to cut all communications within the first week.

But, I say that I'm quite intrigued by the concept of custom jock file. Just imagine an interface where you would drag your interests from a list and create a custom file just like a playlist in iTunes. Bodybuilder? Just drag it here. Sports fan? Just drag it there. Football player? Same thing. You want a subliminal version? good! One for when you work out? no problem!

All of this would be part of a bigger template, you uncheck something, the computer removes it from the template and only gives you what you asked.

There are cons of course like defining what a jock wants and the price of setting up a computer to only create files but that could be a great experiment. Think about it: Peoples that start from the same file but finishes with entirely different results.
JD7790
Regular
Regular

Postby WatDo » July 28th, 2013, 6:18 pm

JD7790 wrote:
WatDo wrote:Files based on conditioning specific behaviors should be separate, since the common goal is to workout and better our bodies somehow. We all don't want to be dumb, be into sports, or dedicate our lives to just bodybuilding... Well that last thing sounds good to me, but not to everyone else.

I had a bad experience with a "coach" because he wouldn't care for my boundaries. I had to cut all communications within the first week.

But, I say that I'm quite intrigued by the concept of custom jock file. Just imagine an interface where you would drag your interests from a list and create a custom file just like a playlist in iTunes. Bodybuilder? Just drag it here. Sports fan? Just drag it there. Football player? Same thing. You want a subliminal version? good! One for when you work out?

Yeah, been there and done that. Now I just use Paul the text to speech voice for most of my files. He is pretty good sounding for a synthetic voice and if you layer music or beats into the file you won't really notice him being a robot. So you could make a drag and drop template of sorts... But it might take a lot of work that won't be as fruitful as just making a regular file. Human voices seem to work better since robotic ones sometimes distracts people simply because the brain is going "Hey, by the way, that thing talking is probably not a human. So be careful. Yeah. Totally."

We can kind of create custom playlists with all the files we have at our disposal. But the problem is it is way more effective to use the same hypnotist than many different ones. Because again, the human brain is sometimes too stupid to shut up and will chime in with obvious notions like "Hey, that's not the same guy we heard 15 minutes ago! Oh nooooo!" I normally don't listen to files back to back because I know the effects from each file would vary since my trance can't be constant for over 40 minutes.
WatDo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby JD7790 » July 28th, 2013, 6:48 pm

That is part of the hard work that would entails. Basically, we would need to ask a tist to read a very long script with a lot of big pauses and then cut it in small "chapters" and take theses individual chapters and make a custom file for the end-user. I haven't studied many scripts so I can't tell how everything would fit together but I can see the bigger picture.

I could never listen to a TTS render for more than an hour. I love the tech behind Siri and all but I despise theses voices so much.
JD7790
Regular
Regular

Postby WatDo » July 28th, 2013, 7:44 pm

Give Paul a try, he's like a male Siri. But like you said, it can be difficult to focus on them for too long.
WatDo
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Jocks and Masculinization