What do you listen to?

This is a place for the jocks to discuss the various files to make you more muscle bound, masculine, etc.

Moderator: EMG

What do you listen to?

Postby JD7790 » July 30th, 2013, 11:50 pm

Pretty simple question but do I believe that you can learn a lot about someone if you take a peek at their playlist.

Who knows, maybe we'll find the next big thing right here!

Now, what do you listen on your everyday life or while working out?

Here's mine:

Everyday:
I've been really into [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbyiTKpDj0]RadioRadio[/url] (They're great even if youcan't figure out the hell they are saying) and I just found a breakup-ish song from Lisa LeBlanc which could be litteraly translated as "Today, my life is shit". Otherwise, I listen to Top 50 music, classic rock, a little bit of rap, classical music, dance and techno.

Fan of:
Gorillaz, OkGo, Beck

While working out:
I listen to mostly any upbeat songs on my iPhone while working out. I also sometimes listen to to subliminal files found here.
JD7790
Regular
Regular

Postby slyfox » July 31st, 2013, 8:43 am

What I listen to varies from day to day but I usually cycle through the following:

Electropop (Daft Punk, Madeon, Grum, etc.)

"Indie" rock (Walk the Moon, Passion Pit, Phoenix, etc.)

Reggae and reggae rock (Sublime, Dirty Heads, Matisyahu, Bob Marley, etc.)
- usually when I'm feeling really chill and "surfer mode" :P

Metal (Trivium, In Flames, All That Remains, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, etc.)

80's pop (Tears for Fears, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, etc.)

I also enjoy a lot of electronica genres like glitch hop, drum and bass, and dubstep. I even like some rap and hip hop but I have to be in the mood for it, and it has to be GOOD.

At the gym, I typically am listening to metal. Trivium lately has been my go-to because I love their energy and quite a few of their songs are really motivating. And as weird as it is, I've taken to listening to Gregorian chants while I work out too because they help me slip into a meditative state that's not unlike a trance. I can push all my thoughts out and focus entirely on my workout in this state, and think of nothing else.
slyfox
Mentor
Mentor

Postby rigsby » August 1st, 2013, 10:45 am

When I lift, I usually don't bother with music because I'm not doing it long enough to get too bored.

In everyday life, I listen to a lot of alternative, but my tastes are very eclectic. I've enjoyed most everything that both JD and sly listed.
Strong mind, strong body
rigsby
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Jocks and Masculinization