Worried about muscle growth

This is a place for the jocks to discuss the various files to make you more muscle bound, masculine, etc.

Moderator: EMG

Worried about muscle growth

Postby StrangeStranger » April 28th, 2014, 4:27 am

Today I learned something about cancer therapy that made me think about some of the muscle growth files: As it was explained to me, chemotherapy kills fast growing cells in the body, that's why your hair falls out, you might lose your finger and toe nails and you get wounds in your mouth. So I thought that if you have listened to a file that makes your muscles grow rapidly and permanently, the chemotherapy might also attack your muscles very aggressively.rnI have to say that I am not a biologist or doctor, so maybe my worries are unfounded, but I wanted to bring this topic to speech. Maybe there's a doctor or someone who really knows about this topic reading this and could tell us whether such a described situation could be dangerous. If so, EMG or someone else should make a file for cancer or other patients so that they can make the muscle growth return to normal.rnSincerely,rnStrangeStrangerrnrnPS: Please excuse possible mistakes, since I am not a native English Speaker.
StrangeStranger

Postby Endo » April 28th, 2014, 7:26 am

It's something to talk to your doctor about. WE can't help you here. Just say that you're a body builder, and how will chemo affect my body?

I don't think that hypnosis is going to boost you muscle mass increases enough to make them all deteriorate and fall off, like hair.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby slyfox » April 28th, 2014, 12:45 pm

I'm gonna be straight with you, dude: even if the files somehow caused your muscles to grow, they wouldn't grow enough that the chemo will affect them in that way. Muscle doesn't grow very fast even with regular heavy lifting and a caloric surplus; around 1-2lbs per month maximum if you're not taking steroids. Hypnosis alone isn't going to do as good a job as getting in the gym and lifting a shitload of heavy ass weights.

What is gonna kill your gains is the loss of appetite and all the vomiting you'll be doing. Can't build muscle if you're puking up all your fuel, know what I mean? Good luck with the chemo, bro. Kick that cancer's ass!
slyfox
Mentor
Mentor

Postby WatDo » April 28th, 2014, 2:48 pm

Muscle cells don't multiply. They grow. So what chemotherapy really does is just weaken them along with the rest of your body so it makes it harder to workout and maintain what you've got. So don't expect gains with chemotherapy, but don't expect to lose tons of muscle unless you're bodybuilder sized already.
WatDo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BodyBM » April 28th, 2014, 2:52 pm

Fully agree! added my thoughts: it's medically adviced to people on chemo that try keep their bodies/muscles in move, exercise regularly (it can be hard, sure) to keep some of their strenght, size and get better chance in surviving (increased o2 uptake -> enemy of cancerous cells, get back some appetite, etc). Some muscle growth files motivate the listener to do execrising, eating some more and healthy and build muscles could be a big motivating help for people on chemo. Ah there is no way to build muscles permanently (fuck, it would be a dream!) as we lose them when not use them regularly or use some aas constantly. Some muscle growth files suggest increase HGH (growth hormone) production and HGH feeds cancerous cells to grow more rapidly so theoretically could oppose to effects of chemotherapy that tries to stop the growth of those cells. Some files suggest increase testosterone production anyway some type of cancers are hormone dependent (some prostate cancer types to test/dht), this means these cells grow mostly in high testo environment so in this case first medication is suppress the testo production of the body to stop/slow down the growth of cancerous cells. Oh yeah, in other cases a healthy test level is always great so just listen these suggestion without prob if feel like. I wrote there "theoretically" as hypnosis sure great in motivation and some of it suggestion can be really effective as I experienced by myself but sure couldn't cause such heavy changes in muscle growth just by itself as suggestion to grow without the necessary eating, workouts, resting that could measurable modify the effects of chemotherapy on muscles. Most important to have some goals and wanting to get healthy again, get rid of that evil cancer finally and maybe get big after.
BodyBM
Regular
Regular

Postby joecomp2000 » April 28th, 2014, 6:10 pm

on the bright side .... in order to prevent wasting they often prescribe steroids
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Igotaboy » May 4th, 2014, 12:58 pm

I think you should give a crap about your bodybuilder goals and rather focus on being healthy again ATM.
This is about your life, you can be as buff as you like, if you're dead it wont help you anything.
So set your mind and focus on the important things in your life right now.
Igotaboy
Regular
Regular

Postby BodyBM » May 5th, 2014, 12:34 am

Igotaboy wrote:I think you should give a crap about your bodybuilder goals and rather focus on being healthy again ATM.rnThis is about your life, you can be as buff as you like, if you're dead it wont help you anything. rnSo set your mind and focus on the important things in your life right now.
Pls don't demotivating people, mainly those w some serious illness. Everybody must have at least one strong life goal further on just want being healthy. If somebody got motivation from keeps from strenght/muscle mass on chemo then it is an aid for healing progress. He didn't talk about bodybuilder goals at all just asked about possible contradictions between listening muscle growth files and chemotherapy. And again, moving the body and regular exercising how it is possible proved help on people suffer from cancer for their healing (increaed appetite, increased O2 intake, etc) so important even far not everything. Muscle growth files could motivate to do some exercises.. What important things could you suggest him he should focus on right now?
BodyBM
Regular
Regular

Postby outkast1728 » May 5th, 2014, 11:13 am

Igotaboy is right, you should focus on getting better before focusing on getting bigger, because all the size in the world aint gonna mean shit bro if ya kick the bucket first....
outkast1728
Guru
Guru

Postby Igotaboy » May 6th, 2014, 9:15 am

BodyBM wrote:
Igotaboy wrote:I think you should give a crap about your bodybuilder goals and rather focus on being healthy again ATM.rnThis is about your life, you can be as buff as you like, if you're dead it wont help you anything. rnSo set your mind and focus on the important things in your life right now.
Pls don't demotivating people, mainly those w some serious illness. Everybody must have at least one strong life goal further on just want being healthy. If somebody got motivation from keeps from strenght/muscle mass on chemo then it is an aid for healing progress. He didn't talk about bodybuilder goals at all just asked about possible contradictions between listening muscle growth files and chemotherapy. And again, moving the body and regular exercising how it is possible proved help on people suffer from cancer for their healing (increaed appetite, increased O2 intake, etc) so important even far not everything. Muscle growth files could motivate to do some exercises.. What important things could you suggest him he should focus on right now?

I am sorry, but I think you got me wrong. Or I got him wrong.
I just got the feeling, that he was considering to skip chemotherapy to avoid the muscle loss causing from it.
I am pretty sure a healthy and well organized workout can have wonderful effects and support his own body to heal faster.
Igotaboy
Regular
Regular

Postby StrangeStranger » June 7th, 2014, 3:51 pm

I guess you got me wrong. I don't like this kind of files, I would never listen to them. And I don't have cancer neither. I was simply worried that people who actually do might be in trouble. Apparently they are not, luckily.
And sorry that I didn't answer for such a long time, I lost interest in hypnosis but found it again some days ago.
StrangeStranger

Postby rigsby » June 13th, 2014, 11:16 am

StrangeStranger wrote:I guess you got me wrong. I don't like this kind of files, I would never listen to them. And I don't have cancer neither. I was simply worried that people who actually do might be in trouble. Apparently they are not, luckily.

Correct, they're not. Anyone at any age can benefit from even a little weight lifting.
Strong mind, strong body
rigsby
Mentor
Mentor

Postby joecomp2000 » June 13th, 2014, 5:16 pm

rigsby wrote:Correct, they're not. Anyone at any age can benefit from even a little weight lifting.

actually the older you are the more you can benefit from weight training
I saw a study that took people over 60 and put them through weight lifting and other types of exercise..
weightlifting was good for increasing bone density and muscle wasting.. in some cases it did amazing recuperative events to the surprise of the study monitors... so much so that the test were repeated because they did not believe their own results..

it was good for all.. but occasionally there was amazing results... these were the ones they repeated .. people that were bed bound or using walkers were suddenly giving the walkers up or walking

remember we are talking moving from bed bound to leg lifts ..to resistance leg lifts to walking .to deep knee bends .. not 500 lb squats

but when you start from less than zero... any improvement is huge
and we are talking about regaining muscle.. not gaining new muscle

it is always easier to regain then new ( ask any lifter or look into Casey Viator and the Colorado Nautilus experiment 6 weeks over 60 LBS of muscle)
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Jocks and Masculinization