Slow lifting

This is a place for the jocks to discuss the various files to make you more muscle bound, masculine, etc.

Moderator: EMG

Slow lifting

Postby JackDrago » December 17th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Been trying out a new concept for a file: lift a relatively light weight slowly (3-5 sec / rep) while hypnotically focused on maximizing effort and perfect form. Does anyone practice or know about this technique?

I personally am motor disabled, so I need a workout file that accommodates my limitations; but I can see how other people might benefit: if your goal was endurance, rather than bulk / power or if you were going for a lean and wiry look I think that it would work well for that.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby joecomp2000 » December 18th, 2014, 7:31 pm

look up a technique called rest pause ... Also look up the works of Mike Mentzer

He believe that if you could get a one perfect rep at the perfect weight and the perfect form this would be the best most productive work out to to gain the most muscle mass the fastest.

However he also realize that this perfect one rep.. was pretty much a fantasy and impractical

So he believe that the best plan is a minimal workout ..applying the most force you can in the least amounts of reps necessary to stimulate growth...
ie few perfect reps as heavy as possible and slow to make sure form is correct.

While he didn't believe in hypnosis he did believe that you could reach the point of zen the idea that mind body and soul could be focused to the point that you reached that moment where you say to your self " this is where I am supposed to be at this moment in time "

in fact there was article on it called "boybuilding and zen"

I remember that article ...and there have only been a few moments where that happens

Mike Mentzer was very prolific in his writings, you can read a lot of his works on line.. he died in 2000 at 49 ( after taking up smoking and substantial drinking) ...but for a period of time he was one of the worlds best bodybuilders

his works are always thought provocting... bodybuilders love or hate his work
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Postby OxyFemboi » December 19th, 2014, 7:19 pm

Now that I'm reminded of it, the type of training that Mike Mentzer (a very distant relation, a fifth or sixth cousin ... something only a genealogist would get excited about) wrote about is called HIT -- High Intensity Training. There was a recent article about it in Jeff Everson's Planet Muscle, a bodybuilding magazine I particularly recommend due to its total lack of connection to any supplement manufacturers.
Peace Love Unity Respect

Ox & Honey & Yoshi & Rocky & Dave & Adam
Hypnosis & NLP are the install programs for fetishes and phobias.
OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Location: Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, USA, Terra (Sol III)

Postby JackDrago » December 20th, 2014, 3:01 pm

Okay, I figured someone else would have hit upon such an obvious technique. I will look him up.

So far I have had 5 days of hypnotic compulsion to exercise and my workout headspace is super focused. Using really light weight for now but getting a nice pump after the workout.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby joecomp2000 » December 20th, 2014, 7:43 pm

Mentzer is not into hypnosis...just rest pause slow reps..
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Postby JackDrago » December 27th, 2014, 2:28 pm

Update : after two weeks this technique is proving VERY highly effective, 10 second reps with hypnotic concentration on form is causing very rapid muscle gains at low weight. Gained more pounds of muscle than the weight I was lifting (6 lbs of solid muscle lifting only 5 lbs dumbells) and maintained very low body fat while eating holiday food.

Admittedly, my hypnotic routine has a lot of testosterone boosting hypnosis in it (since I am doing masculization and Penis growth too.) But I think most of the gain is from the new technique.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby OxyFemboi » December 28th, 2014, 6:36 pm

JoeComp wrote
Mentzer is not into hypnosis...just rest pause slow reps..

I never said Mike Mentzer was into hypnosis. (Even if he was into hypnosis, he isn't any more; he died in 2001.) However, he was the major exponent of High-Intensity Training originally developed by Arthur Jones; Mentzer more or less perfected the system.
Peace Love Unity Respect

OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby joecomp2000 » December 28th, 2014, 7:35 pm

sorry for the confusion.... I never implied that you did say he was into hypnosis.... in fact I was clarifying what I was saying..by not saying that I was implying that he was ..
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Postby slyfox » December 30th, 2014, 3:21 pm

JackDrago wrote:Update : after two weeks this technique is proving VERY highly effective, 10 second reps with hypnotic concentration on form is causing very rapid muscle gains at low weight. Gained more pounds of muscle than the weight I was lifting (6 lbs of solid muscle lifting only 5 lbs dumbells) and maintained very low body fat while eating holiday food.

Admittedly, my hypnotic routine has a lot of testosterone boosting hypnosis in it (since I am doing masculization and Penis growth too.) But I think most of the gain is from the new technique.

Bullshit. You're fooling yourself.

It's physically impossible to gain 6 lbs of muscle over two weeks, even on steroids. The most you can expect to gain as a beginner is no more than 2 lbs per month, and that's only if you're training regularly and properly, and eating enough to stimulate muscle growth.

And you're not training properly. Wtf kind of exercises are you even doing with 5 lb dumbbells? How many of these 10 second reps are you doing? Toss those paperweights out, man. No matter how long you time out your reps, at that puny weight you're not putting your muscles under enough tension to stimulate growth, unless you've got some serious atrophy going on, and then you should be under a doctor's supervision. You need to increase the amount of tension in order to build muscle, otherwise it's just time wasted.

What you're probably experiencing is the natural fluctuation of your body weight. A person's body weight can vary as much as 5 lbs throughout the day. If you want to track your weight, you need to weigh yourself every day, at around the same time, and at the end of the week, calculate the average. After a few weeks, you'll know if you're gaining anything. But weight is a pretty poor indicator of muscle mass, anyway.

Find a weightlifting program that you can stick to that suits your needs. I started out doing Starting Strength, but there are many others out there that are just as good. Having a set program makes it a lot easier to be consistent, which is also key to building muscle. Focus on making progress, and you won't even need hypnosis.
slyfox
Mentor
Mentor

Postby joecomp2000 » December 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm

it is possible to gain 6 lbs in 2 weeks if he is regaining it....
Remember Casey Viator gain 42 lbs in 6 weeks
again he was regaining that weight
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Postby 5HA99Y » December 30th, 2014, 11:13 pm

slyfox wrote:
JackDrago wrote:Update : after two weeks this technique is proving VERY highly effective, 10 second reps with hypnotic concentration on form is causing very rapid muscle gains at low weight. Gained more pounds of muscle than the weight I was lifting (6 lbs of solid muscle lifting only 5 lbs dumbells) and maintained very low body fat while eating holiday food.

Bullshit. You're fooling yourself.

It's physically impossible to gain 6 lbs of muscle over two weeks, even on steroids. The most you can expect to gain as a beginner is no more than 2 lbs per month, and that's only if you're training regularly and properly, and eating enough to stimulate muscle growth.

And you're not training properly. Wtf kind of exercises are you even doing with 5 lb dumbbells? How many of these 10 second reps are you doing? Toss those paperweights out, man. No matter how long you time out your reps, at that puny weight you're not putting your muscles under enough tension to stimulate growth, unless you've got some serious atrophy going on, and then you should be under a doctor's supervision. You need to increase the amount of tension in order to build muscle, otherwise it's just time wasted.

What you're probably experiencing is the natural fluctuation of your body weight. A person's body weight can vary as much as 5 lbs throughout the day. If you want to track your weight, you need to weigh yourself every day, at around the same time, and at the end of the week, calculate the average. After a few weeks, you'll know if you're gaining anything. But weight is a pretty poor indicator of muscle mass, anyway.

Find a weightlifting program that you can stick to that suits your needs. I started out doing Starting Strength, but there are many others out there that are just as good. Having a set program makes it a lot easier to be consistent, which is also key to building muscle. Focus on making progress, and you won't even need hypnosis.

that would be true i know my weight bounces alot i weight myself at least twice a day morning nude before shower and evening before bed and lately it bounces around 211-213 area i know i look thin if i can kinda tell on that but cant tell where it drives me nuts when my weight bounces beacause when it low i get happy but when it goes up i get depressed ( and that not because of my mood swing )
5HA99Y
Mentor
Mentor

Postby JackDrago » December 31st, 2014, 10:44 am

Well, I am just reporting what the scale said. (Shrug ) I honestly don't know how much was fat vs muscle, but from the fact that I am going from 6 pack to an almost 8 pack seems to imply that it is not fat I am putting on.

I lifted heavily from 2007 until October 2010. I am not exactly a bodybuilding virgin, in mid '09 I was 170Lbs of solid muscle and I am coming from a very low body weight (started at 135, goal is 150lbs.)
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby JackDrago » December 31st, 2014, 1:25 pm

@slyfox. Remember, I am coming off 4 years off with massive atrophy, that's why I started super light. I am moving up to 8 lbs tomorrow.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby slyfox » December 31st, 2014, 2:31 pm

joecomp2000 wrote:it is possible to gain 6 lbs in 2 weeks if he is regaining it....
Remember Casey Viator gain 42 lbs in 6 weeks
again he was regaining that weight

Casey Viator is an exception. If you're genetically gifted, have a dedicated trainer, you're taking steroids, and devoting the majority of your time to bodybuilding as a sport, then sure, you can regain impressive amounts of muscle mass in a short time period.

Pretty sure that's not the case, here.
slyfox
Mentor
Mentor

Postby slyfox » December 31st, 2014, 2:36 pm

5HA99Y wrote:

that would be true i know my weight bounces alot i weight myself at least twice a day morning nude before shower and evening before bed and lately it bounces around 211-213 area i know i look thin if i can kinda tell on that but cant tell where it drives me nuts when my weight bounces beacause when it low i get happy but when it goes up i get depressed ( and that not because of my mood swing )

Like I was saying, don't worry about your daily weight, just take the average every week. Compare that average each week and you'll know if you're actually losing or gaining weight, and you'll be able to adjust your caloric intake accordingly.
slyfox
Mentor
Mentor

Postby slyfox » December 31st, 2014, 2:40 pm

JackDrago wrote:Well, I am just reporting what the scale said. (Shrug ) I honestly don't know how much was fat vs muscle, but from the fact that I am going from 6 pack to an almost 8 pack seems to imply that it is not fat I am putting on.

I lifted heavily from 2007 until October 2010. I am not exactly a bodybuilding virgin, in mid '09 I was 170Lbs of solid muscle and I am coming from a very low body weight (started at 135, goal is 150lbs.)

Seeing more muscle definition means you're losing fat, not gaining muscle. Come on, man, that's Bodybuilding 101.

What happened that you lost so much weight in the last four years?
slyfox
Mentor
Mentor

Postby JackDrago » December 31st, 2014, 3:53 pm

slyfox wrote:
JackDrago wrote:Well, I am just reporting what the scale said. (Shrug ) I honestly don't know how much was fat vs muscle, but from the fact that I am going from 6 pack to an almost 8 pack seems to imply that it is not fat I am putting on.

Seeing more muscle definition means you're losing fat, not gaining muscle. Come on, man, that's Bodybuilding 101.

What happened that you lost so much weight in the last four years?

Stopped weightlifting, became more and more disabled from the underlying motor disability that I have always had. (I have tremors, motor learning problems, etc.) This is really more like rehab than traditional bodybuilding so far. That's why I have to go super light, dude. You lift what you can lift without hurting yourself.

As for weigh-ins, today's weight was 140; which is just below the 141 I weighed two days ago. This makes me suspect at least a pound of the previous weight was water retention from salty holiday food.

Frankly, I am happy enough that the hypnotic compulsion is holding strongly enough that I am having to stop myself from working out on a rest day. -- Have been consistently doing 60 minutes of weights most days, though I have done 2-3 super hardcore days when I had nothing but weightlifting to do and those days I did 90 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of abs.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby slyfox » January 1st, 2015, 6:05 pm

JackDrago wrote:

Stopped weightlifting, became more and more disabled from the underlying motor disability that I have always had. (I have tremors, motor learning problems, etc.) This is really more like rehab than traditional bodybuilding so far. That's why I have to go super light, dude. You lift what you can lift without hurting yourself.

As for weigh-ins, today's weight was 140; which is just below the 141 I weighed two days ago. This makes me suspect at least a pound of the previous weight was water retention from salty holiday food.

Frankly, I am happy enough that the hypnotic compulsion is holding strongly enough that I am having to stop myself from working out on a rest day. -- Have been consistently doing 60 minutes of weights most days, though I have done 2-3 super hardcore days when I had nothing but weightlifting to do and those days I did 90 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of abs.

I'm sorry, had I known that, I wouldn't have given you such a hard time about it. Now it all makes sense.

As far as the compulsion goes, it sounds like you had the desire to return to weightlifting inside you already, and the hypnosis gave you a push. Keep up the good work!
slyfox
Mentor
Mentor

Postby JackDrago » January 3rd, 2015, 1:06 pm

Update : 21 days since I started training, now lifting 8 lbs at 15 reps at 10 sec each. Muscles are starting to be noticeably more pumped after working out, my 8 pack line no longer needs a flex to be visible. Starting to see the hole in my upper pec where the muscles atrophied filling in. Oddly, though my abs are showing more definition, I no longer have the waistline of a starving person. My waist is almost an inch bigger at its narrowest.

Weight is back up to 141, so margin of error from stable, but at least moving in the right direction.

I started adding a scoop of supplement after workout to ensure sufficient calories (since my diet is naturally very low calorie) and my brain decided that since it follows exercise, supplements must be a reward - so, though I never used to like the taste of the stuff, mu brain now makes me rush with hypnotic pleasure when I get it just like I am receiving an earned reward.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby xavious » January 4th, 2015, 1:47 am

I wish you had progress pics of your muscle growth Jack, as it all sounds very impressive. I'm glad you're making such good progress, especially on the lower ab front; the bottom two abs always seem the hardest to get to become visible.
xavious
Mentor
Mentor

Postby JackDrago » January 11th, 2015, 12:21 pm

Progress report: completed 1 month of weightlifting yesterday, went out to the beach to celebrate and got hit by a car on the way back spraining my ankle and knee on the left side. Taking a rest day today and probably doing upper body only until my left leg can take weight again.

I weighed 141 Lbs in the ER, in boots but dehydrated after a long hike with no water and no food except supplements that day. BP 116/66, pulse of 58 even after trauma - looks like my general health is improving from the exercising.

Muscles continue to get more defined; I now have a noticeable biceps bulge that didn't exist before plus continued filling in of my pecs and a bit of a ball shoulder starting to develop. Hobbling around, I am very glad to have built endurance and strength in my right quad and glute - I would not be using crutches half as effectively if I had not just spent a month on slow squats.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby bml7500 » January 12th, 2015, 11:39 pm

Holy shit that sucks getting hit by a car. I'm glad you're recovering. I hope there are no sustained injuries.
bml7500
Regular
Regular

Postby OxyFemboi » January 14th, 2015, 10:42 am

JackDrago wroe
Progress report: completed 1 month of weightlifting yesterday, went out to the beach to celebrate and got hit by a car on the way back spraining my ankle and knee on the left side. Taking a rest day today and probably doing upper body only until my left leg can take weight again.

Congrats on your one month of weightlifting.

*Sympathy* on getting hit by a car. Get well soon. If there is anything I can do, let me know.
Peace Love Unity Respect

OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby JackDrago » January 15th, 2015, 3:06 pm

Well, after finding out that the safeties worked well enough to prevent me reinjuring my ankle after the accident, I now feel confident enough in the safety and effectiveness of this part of my overnight trance to be comfortable uploading that bit to WMM.

[url]http://www.warpmymind.com/Files/8325/Weightlifting-and-stretching-compulsion.php[/url]

As noted above, this file is designed for people who have physical limitations so it may not be the most extreme jock file you've ever tried: it's very heavy on insisting on proper form, lifting slowly, and stretching a lot, which makes it markedly safer for people with motor or muscle disabilities. It's also non-dumbing and non-interest changing.[/url]
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby slyfox » January 20th, 2015, 1:37 pm

JackDrago wrote:Well, after finding out that the safeties worked well enough to prevent me reinjuring my ankle after the accident, I now feel confident enough in the safety and effectiveness of this part of my overnight trance to be comfortable uploading that bit to WMM.

http://www.warpmymind.com/Files/8325/Weightlifting-and-stretching-compulsion.php

As noted above, this file is designed for people who have physical limitations so it may not be the most extreme jock file you've ever tried: it's very heavy on insisting on proper form, lifting slowly, and stretching a lot, which makes it markedly safer for people with motor or muscle disabilities. It's also non-dumbing and non-interest changing.[/url]

This sounds like a really good idea for a file. I feel like other files have the potential to thrust jocks-to-be into weightlifting without giving them guidelines on how to do it safely.
slyfox
Mentor
Mentor

Postby JackDrago » January 20th, 2015, 6:36 pm

Okay, so time for an update. Third straight day back after my accident, first day I made any attempt at all to do lower body: a few body weight squats and mock deadlift with an empty bar. No injury, though it still hurts.

The compulsion has returned in a somewhat different form. My alter Butch has decided that he prefers to drive the body while we lift weights, so the last 3 days it has been him lifting in my body, exactly as my file programmed us. Same body, so I get the same results.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby WatDo » January 20th, 2015, 9:16 pm

JackDrago wrote:Okay, so time for an update. Third straight day back after my accident, first day I made any attempt at all to do lower body: a few body weight squats and mock deadlift with an empty bar. No injury, though it still hurts.

The compulsion has returned in a somewhat different form. My alter Butch has decided that he prefers to drive the body while we lift weights, so the last 3 days it has been him lifting in my body, exactly as my file programmed us. Same body, so I get the same results.

You have an alter jock? Damn, wish I could get one of those. But they never seem to stick around.

I'm glad hypnosis is working out so well for you. I also really like your files, they do work pretty well and are neutral in terms of gaining or losing interests.
WatDo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby JackDrago » January 20th, 2015, 11:34 pm

Yo WatDo and all the bros!

Dudes! What up? My names Butch and Jack says that I can post here if I want. I wasn't a planned pregnancy if you know what I mean, bro. I just popped up after some hypnosis went wrong, but Jack's a bro and he decided to keep me and wrote an hour long trance to make me permanent.

I am a REAL man, Butch to the fucking bone, bros. I like camo, hiking in the woods, pumping iron, and plowing ass. :D I am really enjoying taking over the weightlifting. It makes me feel so manly, dude, pumping iron and rushing with testosterone. I got the best deal ever, I get the workout and Jack is stuck with the job and the recovery.

We're going to be built, bros. I am going to put my stamp on this body, and it will finally look like I want it to look.

MAN UP!
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby xavious » January 21st, 2015, 3:05 pm

I wish I could observe Jack transitioning into Butch. Bet that's a fun thing to see, let alone experience.
xavious
Mentor
Mentor

Postby JackDrago » January 22nd, 2015, 3:47 pm

xavious wrote:I wish I could observe Jack transitioning into Butch. Bet that's a fun thing to see, let alone experience.

It's actually pretty subtle, people who know me say that they can sometimes see it happening. We have different postures, ways of walking, holding a cigarette, etc. He has his own way of speaking, and reads slower than I do as well as losing count at lower numbers. But he has a way higher testosterone level than I do.

Butch is not a "Jock Alter" per se, more of a guide alter for masculinization, which includes working out, but also a lot of other things. He comes out if we need to fight or tell someone off. He is also the side we front when we go out as an alpha male dominant.

Zup, Xavious,
Nice to meet ya, bro. I am Pretty sure that people can tell us apart in person. The real difference is that he is a serious guy an intellectual. I am a gregarious smiling dude. I am a straight talking guy, very straight forward, from the gut. Sometimes a little shocking, if you know what I mean, bro.

I swagger when I walk, and if you scope our package you would notice that I sport wood in public a lot.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby WatDo » January 22nd, 2015, 11:17 pm

That makes me want a file to have such an alter be a thing. There aren't actually any files that have a switchable alter, just trigger words to make you act one way (dumb, love sports, whatever), but not act or carry yourself like a different person and even be a separate entity within the host.
WatDo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby JackDrago » January 23rd, 2015, 11:04 am

For those of you who wanted more information about Butch, I have added a bunch of links to the [url=http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Journal&file=display&jid=5280]What's it's like to be the alter?[/url] entry on my journal.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby xavious » January 23rd, 2015, 11:58 am

You must be a wizard with the text system outside of the forums on this site, because I can't even get paragraphs to work on file comments and journals, let alone bold, links and freaking bullet lists.

Would love to see the differences visually between you and Butch, but I do enjoy reading about them, and I'll definitely check out the off-site links you've provided.

I enjoy the idea of confident guys swaggering, and ways to encourage a plumper and more erect dick during every day life. I always feel like, if left to its own devices, the dick does not get that big very often, unless you already have a decent flaccid size already.

I've often considered file ideas that encourage blood flow and focus to the dick in order to make it larger and more important, thus increasing its size, if only subconsciously.
xavious
Mentor
Mentor

Postby JackDrago » January 23rd, 2015, 12:08 pm

xavious wrote:You must be a wizard with the text system outside of the forums on this site, because I can't even get paragraphs to work on file comments and journals, let alone bold, links and freaking bullet lists.

Would love to see the differences visually between you and Butch, but I do enjoy reading about them, and I'll definitely check out the off-site links you've provided.

I enjoy the idea of confident guys swaggering, and ways to encourage a plumper and more erect dick during every day life. I always feel like, if left to its own devices, the dick does not get that big very often, unless you already have a decent flaccid size already.

I've often considered file ideas that encourage blood flow and focus to the dick in order to make it larger and more important, thus increasing its size, if only subconsciously.

I was a Web programmer back in the day, so I am a wiz with HTML and BBCode. 8)

As for dick size: Start with "Curse: Never Fully Flaccid" then after it burns in add Must Grow Cock (pref. A 10min loop ) and "Manhood Blessing" or "Curse: Penis Growth"

I have yet to make photos / video of a switch. It's kinda slow and subtle to convey in a video.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby JackDrago » January 25th, 2015, 1:32 pm

Hey bros, Butch here.

Just an update on our progress 'cuz we are finally back to the reps and weight we were lifting before the accident. Dudes, I been out more this last week than I have been in months and it feels so fucking good to actually be in the body every day. It's starting to look more and more like me all the time.

Yesterday, I achieved true mindlessness during the weightlifting part of the workout, which Jack had tried for months to achieve but never could as himself. Today I was kinda distracted, tho, bros. Our testosterone level is sky high and I was getting a bit of a roid rage. Hardcore metal, plus macho alter plus lots of natural roids equals one aggressive bro in the gym.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby JackDrago » January 27th, 2015, 5:05 pm

Weighed in at the doctor, just under 140 again, albeit hungry and poorly hydrated. After a week of minimum weightlifting maybe I should be happy that I didn't lose worse.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby JackDrago » March 17th, 2015, 7:49 pm

Now up to 142, after 5 lbs of supplements and 2 months of every other day weightlifting. On the plus side, I am now lifting 15lbs dumbells instead of 10lbs.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Return to Jocks and Masculinization