Hypnosis and your prefrontal cortex.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Hypnosis and your prefrontal cortex.

Postby Kendai » May 3rd, 2006, 1:14 pm

Anyone familiar with Brain age for nintendo DS?

Today Dr. Kawakashima's floadting haid said something about subconsios habits, and losing consious control being bad for your brain.

what do you think of this?
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Postby CuriousG » May 3rd, 2006, 4:11 pm

That's too vague a statement for me to make a response to. An unconscious reaction such as the fight-or-flight reflex is a good, healthy thing. An unconscious reaction such as hearing voices in your mind unexpectedly is very bad.
CuriousG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Kendai » May 6th, 2006, 1:32 pm

Just today i remembered that it lets you go back and reread tips, so there's the exact tip:

Do you have any subconsious habits? I know you do!
Your brain suffers when you lose consious control of your actions.
Try to curb habits such as fidgeting or biting your nails.
Doing so is excellent training for your brain!

So what i'm asking is, anyone have any ideas about how brain training and hypnosis programming may effect each other?
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Postby goldragon_70 » May 7th, 2006, 5:26 pm

Well, on one hand they could help each other if going to the same goal. On the other hand they could cancle each other out. On the third hand they could have an unexpected effect, that could be unpredictable.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby actofgod » May 19th, 2006, 9:54 pm

I have Brain Age for DS also -- great program. The whole purpose is to get your brain thinking in ways it usually doesn't in order to give it a "workout". Your brain needs to be challenged in order to keep in top form; as the saying goes, "use it or lose it."

Once an activity is done enough times that it becomes routine, you don't even have to think at all about doing it. I would think that's what his statement is referring to. A subconscious habit is something that you do without thinking about it, which means your brain is pretty much idle. By consciously thinking about NOT doing the activity, you are putting your brain to work a little more than if you just do something on "autopilot". I don't think he's suggesting that subconscious behaviors are somehow harmful, just that they don't require you to think -- and making you think more is the whole purpose of the program.
actofgod

Postby Kendai » May 21st, 2006, 1:48 pm

while we're on the yopic then what's your brain age rank at? i've kind of been holding it to the upper 20's recently, though today i got a 31
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Postby RedruM » May 22nd, 2006, 2:39 am

26 is my best, now I'm in the 30 too though... had it for a month and did maybe 5 brain age tests.
RedruM

Postby Kendai » May 25th, 2006, 4:24 pm

back on track, how do you think this might relate to post-hypnotic triggers?
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis