Total newbie here...

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Total newbie here...

Postby silversiren » August 22nd, 2006, 9:16 pm

I've always been curious about hynosis, but I've never really had the nerve to try it. I figured that, having recently turned 18, I could finally have a go at it. I'm rather nervous about these files though--does anyone have anything they'd recommend for someone with no real trance experience whatsoever?
silversiren

Postby CuriousG » August 22nd, 2006, 10:04 pm

TrainSusceptable

Cardigan-Deep Trance

Cardigan-Enhancement and acceptance

Coupled with whatever else looks interesting. Be aware, however, that the more dramatic the description sounds, the tougher it is to get it to work (as a rule of thumb).

Listening to the files alone is a dubious proposition. Many people, especially beginners, find that 10 minutes is not enough time to reach a very deep trance. I've heard up to 40 minutes to 1 hour of induction recommended from some sources before the suggestions begin.
CuriousG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ShadowSabre » August 22nd, 2006, 10:15 pm

I'd agree with Cardigan's stuff. He's good.

Just be careful, especally if you get into real-time hypnosis. There are some real bastards out there...
ShadowSabre
Mentor
Mentor

Postby willingsub » August 23rd, 2006, 3:16 am

ShadowSabre wrote:Just be careful, especally if you get into real-time hypnosis. There are some real bastards out there...

Just a tip to help keep you safe when you do ever go online or if you are nervous about the files on this site: the site hypnofantasy.com has a file called 'safety net'. It gives general suggestions reinforcing the power (you really already have) to reject hypnotic suggestions you don't want, and specifically programs you to never give out personal information (adress,phone number, credit cards, banking accounts) during hypnosis. You might use this file (frequently for some time) once you get the hang of getting into trance with the general induction files to help overcome nervousness that might inhibit your success with the more suggestive files. You have to register for hypnofantasy, but like this site both registering and listening to the files is free. You have to listen to them online though, you can't download them to your desktop.

Of course there are those of us who are lured by the risky part of hypnosis and who want to give up control to a greater degree, accepting suggestions about behaviour they wouldn't want without conditioning...
willingsub
Regular
Regular

Postby silversiren » August 23rd, 2006, 11:17 am

Oh my gods.

Thank you all so much for the advice--I just tried the Cardigan Deep Trance a few minutes ago, and I was surprised at how well it worked. I'm still shaky and my fingertips tingle, and I have the feeling that next time I can go much deeper. The afterglow is amazing--I feel so refreshed, and downright giddy!

I'm definitely going to look into that safety net file, though--the power this has is rather scary for a beginner!

Thank you again!
silversiren

Postby willingsub » August 23rd, 2006, 11:55 am

congratulations, sounds like you experienced your first purposely induced trance :)

Now you can build on your success: first, keep practising going into trance, you may notice trances (even when using the same induction) can be different from each other, depending on mood, circumstances, time of day, food intake etc. Your trance can be deeper, shallower, or just different. This is in itself fun to do just because of the good feeling trancing gives you!

Then, when you feel ready (and if you want to) you can move on to more specific files of you choice. Here goes the same: build on success. Start out with a file you believe can work (if you believe real breast growth is impossible, it will be a lot harder, if not impossible, to get such a file to work) and you would like to work (don't go for a diaper file if you have no feelings or disgust for incontinence). Hypnosis works by your acceptance of hypnotic suggestions (this is more important than the 'forcefulness' of the hypnotist), so disbelieve or mental/emotional resistance can make you fail. On the other hand, each success makes it easier to succeed again, with more complex files.

About the safety net file: it's listed under the health scripts on hypnofantasy.com. I can recommend it from personal experience, it can give you the security you (mentally) need to feel free to experiment. But don't be too scared about the power of hypnosis: you achieved trance because you (your subconscious mind) wanted to go there, not because Cardigan made you go there. Cardigan was the guide, not the kidnapper. Hypnosis can't easily make you do something you don't, deep down, want to do yourself. The only tricky thing is the fact you don't always know what your subconscious mind realy wants.

As a general rule: don't play around with files whose effects you don't consciously want to experience.
willingsub
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis