Useful tool for reaching alpha state

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Useful tool for reaching alpha state

Postby mr_pink » November 29th, 2006, 5:24 pm

An online dream machine!

http://www.netliberty.net/dreamachine.html

Use with caution if you're prone to epilepsy though. The ideal frequency is 10hz which is the default setting.

Just start the thing, look towards the screen, close your eyes, and let your mind go. Weirdness ensues after 10-15 mins. Let us all know how you get on!
mr_pink
Regular
Regular

Postby willingsub » November 30th, 2006, 1:48 am

It works perfectly in my browser. Did you remember to click 'start' in the new window?
willingsub
Regular
Regular

Postby CuriousG » December 3rd, 2006, 1:34 pm

I've tried it, but there doesn't seem to be much effect.
CuriousG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ShadowSabre » December 3rd, 2006, 7:06 pm

I also tried it. I got bored and all it did was give me a slight headache.
ShadowSabre
Mentor
Mentor

Postby mr_pink » December 3rd, 2006, 7:42 pm

Hmm, I find it quite useful. It does seem rather like something and nothing for 10-15 mins, but I find that after a while it produces the same effect as when you stare at something for ages and your peripheral vision goes all weird (except with your eyes closed of course). Each to their own I suppose!
mr_pink
Regular
Regular

Postby Ys » December 16th, 2006, 10:08 pm

It does work pretty well, only I had to leave my eyes open to the annoying flickery for it.. besides having to come really close to the screen (or turning off the lights in the room.. or both).. Maybe just because of the slow display drivers for my graphic card here ;)
It's mainly about getting another frequency of eg. 10Hz in your mind so the more you "see" of 10Hz the more the part(s) of your brain doing the actual visual recognition will fire at 10Hz ;)

Reminded me pretty much of Av3x (in case someone has heard of this already).. Only Av3x uses some funky animations with flickery and some weird ambientstyle music together with a monaural and binaural beats.

On a sidenote: Darn, I should have thought of visual brainwave entrainment in javascript ;)

Ys
Ys
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis