Hypnosis in the news

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Hypnosis in the news

Postby switchonspeed » December 2nd, 2006, 7:45 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6196180.stm

The above is a news story about a medical study that used hypnosis to reduce anxiety and pain. Just thought I would mention it as an example of hypnosis slowly becoming more accepted..
switchonspeed

Postby Jack » December 4th, 2006, 9:39 pm

I'm just glad that in general I don't have to worry about being burned at the stake for being in league with the devil or any of his henchmen.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby Blink » December 5th, 2006, 8:08 am

Jack wrote:I'm just glad that in general I don't have to worry about being burned at the stake for being in league with the devil or any of his henchmen.

Not just for doing hypnosis, anyway. :D
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » December 5th, 2006, 10:01 pm

Yeah, no kidding.

The problem is that far too many people think that hypnosis is a bunch of bull. Those who do believe it exists are generally afraid of it. Not to mention the little problem that there are a ton of frauds out there. It really pisses me off sometimes. Why? Because they trash the reputation hypnosis should have!

I'm not saying hypnosis should be a part of everyday life (though that would be fun), I'm just saying that people should get a good old fashioned "edjumacation" on the subject. :)
I am a member of hypnopics-collective.net with the same user name. Check out all the cool hypno manips available there, made by hundreds of members! Registration is not required, I think, just to lurk the Album.
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis