Unsuccessful for Too long

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Unsuccessful for Too long

Postby Dingus » December 11th, 2006, 3:47 pm

I haven't been able to get any results from any hypnosis files I have ever tried. I have tried an assortment of files for hypnotizing myself and haven't seen any results for nearly the past two years it seems.

I've been able to experience what in my opinion seem like fairly deep trances. Including but not limited to; time distortion, extreme relaxation, loss of feeling of all of my limbs, breathing so slow I almost don't, feeling of falling and/or spiraling and I think I've fallen asleep from time to time.

I'm starting to think that It's not the hypnosis I'm having problems with, so much as what I'm using it for, I've tried to hypnotize myself to help improve nearly every aspect of my life as I could think of. Is it possible that I am afraid of the success I might achieve if the files do work? And if that is the case, then how can I fix that if I'm afraid it might fix that problem and that would allow me to be successful? :?:
Dingus
Regular
Regular

Postby Kanibal » December 11th, 2006, 4:25 pm

Really 2 years and nothing, yipe!

It may help to think of these things as what you have called tham, improvements

I've been trying for six months or more and havent even tranced yet so....
Kanibal
Regular
Regular

Postby redmollie » December 11th, 2006, 4:34 pm

What sort of results are you looking for?

What would you consider 'success'?
redmollie
Regular
Regular

(deleting)
Last edited by redmollie on December 12th, 2006, 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
redmollie
Regular
Regular

What sort of results are you looking for?

redmollie
Regular
Regular

Postby Dingus » December 11th, 2006, 4:49 pm

redmollie wrote:What sort of results are you looking for?

Any form of physical or mental change that lasts after I'm done hypnotizing myself.

Edit: I hope this isn't going to be the type of thread where no one replies after I say that.
Last edited by Dingus on December 12th, 2006, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dingus
Regular
Regular

Postby Jack » December 11th, 2006, 8:34 pm

What have you made an effort at listening to so far?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby Dingus » December 11th, 2006, 8:57 pm

The Keyboard Curse, a few visualization files, Trighard-on, a few different ones relating to muscle enhancement. Anything I could get my hands on relating to improving cognative abilities as well. Each with no signs of success.

Does anyone know where I can get a Self-Hypnosis file to help me with fear of success that is free to use? I'm on a very limited budget, and my own voice irritates me. :P
Dingus
Regular
Regular

Postby Ys » December 16th, 2006, 9:47 pm

Just a shorty:
If something doesn't want to work even though it should there is always the possibility of your unconscious doing "your job", which is (among other things) protecting you.
In this case: Find a better wording, a better concept and/or a better feeling to start into the process (eg. presupposing things that aren't actually said in the files.. to make them more acceptable for your unconscious).

Anyways, is it really "fear of success" or just something like.. you think you do want X, but in reality do not? Explore your mind, young skywalker ;)

Ys
Ys
Regular
Regular

Postby RedruM » December 23rd, 2006, 5:43 am

I'm in the same boat, its definately been a few years, nowadays I pretty much just fall asleep everytime I try an mp3, usually I wake up in the middle of the night sometime or the next morning. I can get very relaxed but it doesent seem like any actual suggestions really kick in which is where i would gauge success. But I'm not giving up hope any time soon though.
RedruM

Postby Kalendaine » December 23rd, 2006, 9:30 am

I have the same problem, dingus. I can trance once on a given tactic (i.e. and elevator induction, then progressive relaxation, then etc.) but if i try it again it's useless. I've since realized that perhaps the times i *do* trance are those in which my subconcious slipped, and that when it realized its mistake, it corrects it.

Of course, i have a contrary personality - if someone says i SHOULD be doing something, i usually tend to do the opposite without thinking - are you the same way? If so, perhaps a 'sneak attack' on your subconcious is in order...

Also, it could be that you've confused your subconcious by attempting too many things - anything more than 2-3 at once tends to reduce the effectiveness of *all.* How long have you stuck with a given file?

just a couple of thoughts to ponder. :p
Kalendaine
Regular
Regular

Postby Dingus » December 23rd, 2006, 3:53 pm

Now that you mention it, I do tend to avoid the things I should do, and end up doing the things I want to do. And for how long have I stuck with one file, I once stuck for the Keyboard Curse, for a month or two listening to it daily.

If a 'sneak attack" is really in order, then what do you suggest I do?
Dingus
Regular
Regular

Postby Kalendaine » December 23rd, 2006, 7:09 pm

hm. Now that, i'm not really sure, since i haven't solved the problem in *myself* yet. I've been trying to get the milder induction files - like the Elman induction file - and see if that helps.

One thing that *has* helped me, at least in self-hypnosis, is to give your subconcious an 'out' if it gets too jumpy. Like, for instance, telling yourself what you'd like to do, and that if your subconcious has a problem with it, then it can let you know by twitching or moving a designated spot (i choose my left hand, most of the time.) That, and going slow - think 'young-virgin's-first-time' slow' :p - might help where other tactics have failed.

Perhaps, with that, you could get your subconcious relaxed enough about hypnosis that it will let you listen to the files, and actually pick up the suggestions.
Kalendaine
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis