Falling Asleep

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Falling Asleep

Postby KKitsune » December 16th, 2006, 1:52 pm

I've been listening to the files for about a week or so now, and have been able to go into trance fairly easily. However as of recently, whenever I go into trance or just about into trance, I tend to fall asleep.

I was just wondering if this was a good thing, i.e. that I am so far relaxed and in trance that its working. Or if it is pretty much nullifying the whole experience?
KKitsune

Postby redmollie » December 16th, 2006, 2:11 pm

when do you wake up?
redmollie
Regular
Regular

Postby KKitsune » December 16th, 2006, 5:20 pm

redmollie wrote:when do you wake up?

Most of the time about 20-30 minutes after the file stops playing, once it was the next morning.
KKitsune

Postby Ys » December 16th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Generally:
Your unconscious is ALWAYS there.
Otherwise you wouldn't wake up when you heard some loud noise while you were sleeping ;)
So no, when you are sleeping the file will still affect you in the way you want it to.. just like it affects when you are "awake" (which actually just is another kind of trance so stop making too much of this).

EMG: "Listen and obey."

Everytime you listen consciously and -much better- just unconsciously you may find yourself easily understand and learn anything you hear. In fact you may find your unconscious surprising you all of a sudden with how closely you have already been listening and how deeply you already accepted what it is you really wanted.

;)

No really, I mean it, you have probably been worrying too much.. I mean, now that you think about it perhaps there is some truth to this.. Just listen and

bb,
Ys
Ys
Regular
Regular

Postby Jack » January 1st, 2007, 2:13 pm

Do you tend to sleep less than your body requires, leaving you feeling tired, etc? Do you have a regular time you go to sleep? When do you listen to the file?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby KKitsune » January 1st, 2007, 10:30 pm

Jack wrote:Do you tend to sleep less than your body requires, leaving you feeling tired, etc? Do you have a regular time you go to sleep? When do you listen to the file?

I get enough sleep, I never wake up feeling overly tired. Yes, about 2am. Most of the time it is say 2-3 hours before I go to bed, sometimes right before I head to bed.
KKitsune

Postby Jack » January 2nd, 2007, 6:57 am

Hmm.. is there a wakener at the end of what you're listening to?

It doesn't read as though this is a negative effect, so I agree with Ys.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby KKitsune » January 3rd, 2007, 12:34 am

Jack wrote:Hmm.. is there a wakener at the end of what you're listening to?

It doesn't read as though this is a negative effect, so I agree with Ys.

Yeah there is a wakener at the end of the file, so this is good news to know. I appreciate all the responses, thank you very much!
KKitsune

Postby whatthe75 » January 5th, 2007, 6:07 am

Maybe even trying a shorter induction,so that you dont go as deep,and only fall into a light trance.

Or maybe trying the file when you are more awake at a different time.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby landers » January 25th, 2007, 12:36 am

I'm having the same problem, I tend to go to sleep while in trance, induction length doesn't help. I sometime wake up in the middle of the file or 30 min later.
landers

Postby Melpomene » February 9th, 2007, 3:06 pm

I seem to be having a similar problem, i think i'm falling asleep at least...
I don't ever remember going into trance i lie there listening to the induction not really feeling a huge amount and then at some point i guess i fall asleep as i don't remember the rest of it but i seem to wake up very shortly after the end, am i really sleeping or could i actually be trancing? Any ideas, thank you :)
Melpomene

Postby Capt » February 9th, 2007, 3:35 pm

If you "fall sleep" while going under, but wake up during the countdown or close to the end of the file, there's a strong chance you're actually going into a trance.
Capt
Regular
Regular

Postby susceptable » February 15th, 2007, 12:57 pm

I have had this problem also, but have now found a way to solve it! It's all to do with the eyes. For me at least; when I'm going into trance if I let my eyes roll down (pointing towards my feet) then I am far more likely to fall asleep. However, if I let my eyes roll back (pointing towards my forehead) then I won't fall asleep at all! I've tried this to the extent that even when I’m ridiculously tired, if I keep my eyes rolled back I’ll last through the whole file. It also helps to keep really focused on the voice too (whoever you are listening to at the time). I found that if I let my mind wonder, I would start dozing off. Hope this helps you peeps :)
susceptable
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis