EMG needs you

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

EMG needs you

Postby sarnoga » December 20th, 2006, 7:32 am

On the home page, EMG wrote:

EMG Needs you!

I want all the help I can get to make WMM the best hypnofetish site there is. What I need most is new content(files by other authors), Ideas for new features, and ways to get more users online. Anyone with ideas for any of these will have my appreciation and in some cases my cash or free files. Let me know if you can help.

I thought this already was the best hypnofetish site there is.

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » December 20th, 2006, 8:03 am

I sure think so! :o
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby My_Pampers » December 20th, 2006, 8:58 am

I am not too overtly concerned with getting the credit for this idea,,,, should it be deemed a good idea by EMG. My idea is,, and partly based on my own experience: If by some chance a previous website member decides to revisit the page,, I think it would be a good idea if they could reactivate their old screen name if they would like.

However, the logistics of this idea might involve more than EMG or current web page personell are willing to put up with. But I was thinking along the lines of,,,, if someone was able to revive an old screen name they had,, perhaps those who had visited in the past,,, and have thought about returning,, this might be a way to boost them population of patrons for this site. Exactly how one would go about renewing or reactivating an old screen name could be left to EMG or his website maintenance people to decide. Then again there could be reasons behind the renewal of screen names that I am unaware of that prevents this idea from going through. in the end,, like I said,,,, just an idea
My_Pampers

Postby EMG » December 20th, 2006, 12:55 pm

Thanks for the compliments everyone, I'm just trying to do what I can to make this place THE place for hypnofetish :) As for the reactivating old accounts, The only accounts that have been deleted are those that people have asked me to kill so if someone wants to get into an old account they could just send me an email asking me. One thing I am considering for the site is a name change. I have picked up the rightst to Hypno-Fetish.com and am seriously considering a name change to make the site sound more friendly to those that find us for the first time. WarpMyMind sounds a tad sinister.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jacara » December 20th, 2006, 4:32 pm

I kinda like the name as it is.. at least now you can't have people saying that they didn't know what they were getting into when they downloaded a file ;) With "hypno fetish" you could have people claiming that they thought it was just a fantasy...
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sarnoga » December 20th, 2006, 6:39 pm

EMG wrote: One thing I am considering for the site is a name change. I have picked up the rightst to Hypno-Fetish.com and am seriously considering a name change to make the site sound more friendly to those that find us for the first time. WarpMyMind sounds a tad sinister.

Speaking for myself and myself only, I find the name WarpMyMind more inviting than Hypno-Fetish.com. Besides, while this site is a premiere site for fetish related hypnosis files it also has much to offer that is not fetish related.

It could be that a change of name would make the site sound more friendly to some at the costs of turning others away, and maybe even making the site hard to find for some that come looking for it by name. Just my thoughts.

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » December 20th, 2006, 8:34 pm

Fair enough, that's why I'm asking people. If I change names I will keep warpmymind's domain for quite a while because I understand rather well that a sudden change would lose me a lot of users. I'd probably forward users for several years. Still, so far we have 2 people that feel that a change might be a minus rather than a plus.

[quote="sarnoga]Speaking for myself and myself only, I find the name WarpMyMind more inviting than Hypno-Fetish.com. Besides, while this site is a premiere site for fetish related hypnosis files it also has much to offer that is not fetish related.

It could be that a change of name would make the site sound more friendly to some at the costs of turning others away, and maybe even making the site hard to find for some that come looking for it by name. Just my thoughts.

Sarnoga[/quote]
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ShadowSabre » December 20th, 2006, 10:08 pm

I think that hypno-fetish.com is a little too... unsubtle, I suppose. Not that Warp my Mind is really that much better, but... Anyway, I'd say to redirect h-f.com here, not the other way around, or else make it a sister site with, say, stories and images, maybe even videos if bandwidth allows?

About ways to improve the site... I noticed not too long ago that a "clean" version of WMM was opened. Maybe you could set it up so accounts (and their status) go to both sides. That might lure people with premium accounts on that side over to this side, to check out what there is, andif they stick....

It might also be good to come up with a system to stream MP3s, even as another premium service. Although I wouldn't use it personally, since I copy MP3s to a MP3 player and listen in bed, some people seem to listen at the computer and that might be more convinent for them. I'm not sure how much more bandwidth it would use, though.

Also, with some of your longer pay series, perhaps as a promotion you could make the first file in a series free, even if it's just for a week or two. (It's sort of like a shady drug dealer: the first hit is free.)

Finally.... advertising.

Good luck; I'll post again if I have more ideas.
ShadowSabre
Mentor
Mentor

Postby iamatestsubjectofme » December 20th, 2006, 10:24 pm

I kind of like the sound of the new name.
iamatestsubjectofme
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » December 20th, 2006, 11:24 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I'm actually considering stories and images(and eventually video) for WMM, just takes time to make the changes. I don't do streaming mostly to cut bandwidth, I could go back to it again later. As for the clean site, yes I have opened it, I'm actually planning to pull the membership stuff from that site and move it to all free except the pay files there. Once again, the time thing :) Finally, the pay series idea, I actually like that one, I may be doing that.

ShadowSabre wrote:I think that hypno-fetish.com is a little too... unsubtle, I suppose. Not that Warp my Mind is really that much better, but... Anyway, I'd say to redirect h-f.com here, not the other way around, or else make it a sister site with, say, stories and images, maybe even videos if bandwidth allows?

About ways to improve the site... I noticed not too long ago that a "clean" version of WMM was opened. Maybe you could set it up so accounts (and their status) go to both sides. That might lure people with premium accounts on that side over to this side, to check out what there is, andif they stick....

It might also be good to come up with a system to stream MP3s, even as another premium service. Although I wouldn't use it personally, since I copy MP3s to a MP3 player and listen in bed, some people seem to listen at the computer and that might be more convinent for them. I'm not sure how much more bandwidth it would use, though.

Also, with some of your longer pay series, perhaps as a promotion you could make the first file in a series free, even if it's just for a week or two. (It's sort of like a shady drug dealer: the first hit is free.)

Finally.... advertising.

Good luck; I'll post again if I have more ideas.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sarnoga » December 21st, 2006, 6:32 am

ShadowSabre wrote:... I noticed not too long ago that a "clean" version of WMM was opened.

What is this and where can it be found. This is the first I have heard of it.

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby loony28 » December 21st, 2006, 7:56 am

Well I would like to see the name stay the same. The name itself is a warning that the files contained herein could very well mess you up. Some may be turned away by it but so be it. Of course I think more people are attracted to the site by the name than are turned off by it. It may make them a little bit curious as to what the site contains.
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » December 21st, 2006, 8:28 am

Hypno-Files.Com was started a few months ago, I haven't announced it on the site before because I wasn't done with it, but then again when will I be done with it. ;) It's intended for people who want hypnosis without all the sexual connections although I'm still waffling over whether something like breast or penis growth will be acceptible there.

sarnoga wrote:What is this and where can it be found. This is the first I have heard of it.

Sarnoga
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sarnoga » December 21st, 2006, 5:19 pm

EMG wrote:Hypno-Files.Com was started a few months ago, I haven't announced it on the site before because I wasn't done with it, but then again when will I be done with it. ;) It's intended for people who want hypnosis without all the sexual connections although I'm still waffling over whether something like breast or penis growth will be acceptible there.

sarnoga wrote:What is this and where can it be found. This is the first I have heard of it.

Sarnoga

Thanks, just went and had a look. My suggestion would be to NOT post breast and/or penis growth files there but rather in a somewhat inconspicuous not in your face sort of way direct people looking for those kind of files to this site.

You also might want to think of something else for EMG to mean on that site <smile>

If I have submitted a file without sexual overtones could it be posted on that site also? For example the induction I did titled "The Road Home"

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » December 21st, 2006, 6:56 pm

sarnoga wrote:Thanks, just went and had a look. My suggestion would be to NOT post breast and/or penis growth files there but rather in a somewhat inconspicuous not in your face sort of way direct people looking for those kind of files to this site.

You also might want to think of something else for EMG to mean on that site <smile>

If I have submitted a file without sexual overtones could it be posted on that site also? For example the induction I did titled "The Road Home"

Sarnoga

Certainly, any file without sexual overtones is welcome there and yes, when someone asks I'm sure I'll come up with something for it to stand for :) I'd have done so by now but I'm occasionally lazy.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ShadowSabre » December 21st, 2006, 9:56 pm

EMG wrote:...when someone asks I'm sure I'll come up with something for it to stand for :)

Every Man's Guru? Entrancing Minds Guy?

Or else it could be like KFC-- used to be an acronym, but now it's just letters. :)
ShadowSabre
Mentor
Mentor

Postby redmollie » December 22nd, 2006, 12:28 am

I like the existing name, and don't underestimate the power of the brand. (Not *that* kind of brand!)

I think the list of files could be made more user friendly and more easily navigable.
redmollie
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » December 22nd, 2006, 2:26 am

Ok, I'm game, how would you suggest I do that :)

redmollie wrote:I like the existing name, and don't underestimate the power of the brand. (Not *that* kind of brand!)

I think the list of files could be made more user friendly and more easily navigable.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby redmollie » December 22nd, 2006, 11:48 pm

I'll think about it and get back to you when I'm not so fucked up. :)
redmollie
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis