Gay VS Straight

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Gay VS Straight

Postby alexander » March 25th, 2007, 12:53 pm

How come there are all these files that make you a big sissy or make youu gay or make you stare at men's crotches? Yet, I don't see any files that make you straight ot other stuff like that? I have seen the one that makes you obeseeed with panties and stuff like that but I haven/t seen many otheres like that. Just wondering though....
alexander

Re: Gay VS Straight

Postby Blink » March 25th, 2007, 6:05 pm

alexander wrote:Yet, I don't see any files that make you straight ot other stuff like that?
I doubt that you will, either. It's a bit difficult to fetishize the mainstream.

If you're interested in shifting your Kinsey score into the lower numbers, you might want to check in with these people. FYI, they've been disowned by pretty much everyone. I should point out that their "science" is shaky at best and their area of practice is completely outside the ethics of all of the clinical professions. Nice looking website, though.

On the flip side, if they ever do figure out how to turn gay people straight, I'm sure that the method will be posted here, in reverse, within the week.

Oh, and please remember that Kinsey's scale has seven numbers on it, not just two.

-- Blink

Well I don’t know why I came here tonight.
I’ve got the feeling that something ain’t right.
I’m so scared in case I fall off my chair,
and I’m wondering how I’ll get down the stairs.

Clowns to the left of me!
Jokers to the right!
Here I am stuck in the middle with you.
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby Draygone » March 26th, 2007, 5:06 pm

I'm sure if a hypnosis file can affect a person's mind to become gay, it's possible for a hypnosis file can affect a gay person's mind to become straight. I don't see how it wouldn't work.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Blink » March 26th, 2007, 6:12 pm

Draygone wrote:I'm sure if a hypnosis file can affect a person's mind to become gay, it's possible for a hypnosis file can affect a gay person's mind to become straight.
Yep. If sexual orientation can be shaped, it can probably be shaped in any direction.

Whether or not it can be shaped at all is open to research and debate. From my own limited reading, the therapies most often used to change sexual preference (used in populations with criminal convictions such as child molestation and forcible rape) are behavioral, that is, aversion in one form or another.

I don't see a lot of effort going into gay-to-straight change, first, because of the research that shows there's no need to do the work and second, because of the political changes that have taken place since the 1960s and the de-pathologizing of homosexuality (specifically with the removal of homosexuality as a diagnosis from DSM-II in 1973 and the removal of Ego Dystonic Homosexuality from DSM-III in 1986). See this position statement by the American Psychiatric Association.

There is still some effort being made, but it is mostly by (either virulently or insidiously) anti-gay religious groups who occupy a space on the fringes of legitimate therapy. "Wing nuts," is probably the best thing you'll hear me call 'em.

My own (loud) opinions aside, if there is anyone reading along who is interested in "reparative therapy," here is a good place to find out abou it. While I expect there's a link somewhere on that page, there is an ostensibly non-religious group, NARTH, that provides public information.

Will you see hypnosis files here for gay-to-straight change? If enough people want 'em, sure. I stand by my prediction that there isn't enough interest.

Anyone interested in reading more about the history of homosexuality and mental health can read this page from the University of California, Davis campus.

That's enough drum beating for me. Anyone who wants to comment to me about this is invited to do so via PM.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby Draygone » March 27th, 2007, 10:34 am

Likewise, there's a TrainSexMan sitting right with it.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby 0turner0 » March 27th, 2007, 10:12 pm

also, traintotaljock (2) and alwaysajock contain quite a few references to wanting women... i know because i try to ignore them :roll:
0turner0
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis