Hypnosis on the treadmill

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Hypnosis on the treadmill

Postby Joan » April 13th, 2007, 7:14 pm

Does anyone have experience listening to files while walking on a treadmill? I do not have time to be still and go totally into trance and listen to them when I can. Also, I have sleep apnia and I'm not sure if I go into trance of just go to sleep. I have found if I listen while on the tread mill I go somewhat into trance and become detached. The rythm of my pace is very soothing. I also walk longer than I normally would. I seem to get more out of the files than when I listen to them when I am going to bed to sleep. I hold on to the rails so as I become more detached I do not lose my balance and fall.

Please let me know of any experience that might help enhance this time of listening and walking.

Thanks, to all.
Joan

Postby BobbyS » April 14th, 2007, 4:53 am

Not the best idea I've heard. You MIGHT get hypnotised and get caught in the walking rhythm which would be fine. Or you MIGHT stop walking altogether. Which would be painful.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby Jacara » April 15th, 2007, 4:38 pm

I think most files guide you to "sleep", rather than just into trance. What you might want to do is just remove the induction (or most of it) and just play the body of the file while you're on the treadmill.
I use an elliptical, and find the same thing, that I "zone out" after a little while. It'd probably be a good time to listen to a file, but not if it told you to slow your breathing and relax your muscles as part of its induction.

The "suggestible" file is only suggestions, and no induction, so that might be a good one to listen to while exercising (that's what I do).
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis