Men Attracted to Other Gay Men

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Men Attracted to Other Gay Men

Postby jprince24 » May 5th, 2007, 3:37 pm

Anybody know of any hypnosis/subliminal programs designed to make a gay man more attactive to other gay men?
jprince24

Postby HornyDude » May 5th, 2007, 5:58 pm

deleted
Last edited by HornyDude on July 10th, 2013, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HornyDude
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BobbyS » May 6th, 2007, 4:32 am

This is where hypnosis gets silly I think. Yes, it can do all kinds of amazing stuff like alter someone's subjective reality, but physical changes are jut daft. As for 'knowing' what your ideal partner would be interested in, it would be far easier to just get to know them than to waste months of your life on a file that probably won't even work. As for realistic suggestions for a file - just something to give you more confidence and relax you more around your ideal partner would be far more useful.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby Blink » May 6th, 2007, 4:44 pm

BobbyS wrote:This is where hypnosis gets silly I think.
Nope, nope, nope. Here's where our expectations get really silly.

If seduction is a learnable skill (and there are lots of people who say that it is), then hypnosis is a valid, viable way to speed and enhance the learning of that skill. It's possible that someone can get benefits from trancework aimed at decreasing inhibitions and then trancework that helps focus on social indices (noticing eye movements including pupil dilation, etc.). There's science at work there.

Just inducing trance and giving the suggestion that someone's going to be successful is likely to have a mild effect at best.

For references on the skill set (or sets) involved in getting laid, I'd suggest reading The System, The Game, The Mystery Method,or How to Get Laid (a reference for gay men) and there are any number of accessible texts on body language and flirting skills. I can't recommend the USENET forums 'cause the invasion of freaks, wierdos, cross-posting bastards and advertisers drove out most of the serious conversation, but there's gold in the archives. For anyone willing to do the research, there is (probably quite literally) tons of material (some of it actual science) in the stacks at your local university library.

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't know if the books on attracting women, which are written from the het male perspective, would be useful to bi or lesbian women looking for bi or lesbian women, and for women trying to attract men I've got nothing better than Cosmo. Anyone willing to give me a reference?

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Sometimes it's not easy to shed that wool coat!

Postby sandy82 » May 9th, 2007, 12:44 pm

Blink wrote:For anyone willing to do the research, there is (probably quite literally) tons of material (some of it actual science) in the stacks at your local university library.

LOL, I bet you're down at Thomas Cooper Library all the time, looking for those tons of material. But in the University of South Carolina library (34° 02' N by 81° 05' W.), those tons of material are generally books entitled Plantations of the Ante-Bellum South, More Plantations of the Ante-Bellum South, Simon Legree Remembers Plantations of..., Uncle Tom Escapes..., Strom Thurmond Ejac..., etc., etc.

Blink, this time BobbyS and his Scottish common sense have you licked. As it were.

Look at the claim made for the file and ask whether it's possible to fulfill the claim, hypnotism or no.

"... Your subconscious will identify (1) the type of person you want and (2) transform you until you are sexually irresistible to that type of person. ... "

Do you see the disconnect?

Suppose the type of person you want is the very type for whom you will never be irresistible. Not a wholly new notion. As a prolific writer once said, "There is (probably quite literally) tons of material (some of it actual science) in the stacks at your local university library." It deals with unrequited love -- or lust -- from Shakespeare's sonnets to the junk of Barbara Cartland and on to the spunk of Larry Flynt.

Let's suppose you want the tall, dark, and handsome type, intelligent, well-dressed, well-spoken, someone who's commanding, knows how to ... er ... project. It's okay. All of it. There's nothing wrong with it.

So, you have the hots for Barack Obama.

But maybe his wife is just there for political show, to please the voters in Real Amurkuh, like in South Carolina.

Maybe he's really into lovers who go "Baaaa" as he, um, helps push them over the fence.

You see the problem.

You'll find it easier to be the same old you with Dennis Kucinich.... than the new ewe with the man of your dreams.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Re: Sometimes it's not easy to shed that wool coat!

Postby Blink » May 10th, 2007, 1:12 pm

sandy82 wrote:Look at the claim made for the file and ask whether it's possible to fulfill the claim, hypnotism or no.

"... Your subconscious will identify (1) the type of person you want and (2) transform you until you are sexually irresistible to that type of person. ... "

Do you see the disconnect?
Yep. Did you see my comment?

I'll simplify and go very slowly, just for you: it is at least theoretically possible to increase your social skills with hypnosis, but claims that you'll become instantly irresistable to the people of your choosing are, at best, salesmanship.

sandy82 wrote:Suppose the type of person you want is the very type for whom you will never be irresistible. Not a wholly new notion. As a prolific writer once said, "There is (probably quite literally) tons of material (some of it actual science) in the stacks at your local university library." It deals with unrequited love -- or lust -- from Shakespeare's sonnets to the junk of Barbara Cartland and on to the spunk of Larry Flynt.
Never got past the rack of Harlequins in the lobby, did you?

The sociologists have done quite a bit of research into human mating rituals, not all of it devoted to pictorial essays on Tab A entering Slot B. There's a bit to be learned about nonverbal communication from the psychologists, as well. You could even consider reading some of Deborah Tannen's popular press books, if you're not too fond of journals that don't have centerfolds. That's before you even consider NLP and the less-reputable offshoots thereof.

The communications theorists keep coming back to different versions of the same finding: confidence breeds success. That's been shown experimentally. There are also survey findings on social preferences which, while the idea of a personality formed by a focus group is prima facie disquieting, have been shown to be helpful to people looking for that kind of help.

Dig out the appropriate skill set (or buy one of the packaged versions) and you can use hypnosis to develop--"install," if that's your preference--those skills faster. Milton Erickson, some decades ago, wrote an article describing how he did just that with a physical skill, and there have been further accounts of others doing the same. (Anyone else recall the rifle team story?)

Though I can count on one finger (and you can picture it in your mind's eye right now, can't you) the helpful comments you've made, I do thank you for your pointless sniping.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby outkast1728 » January 12th, 2012, 2:33 pm

did you try the sexual attractiveness 4 gay men file?
outkast1728
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis