BrainWave Generator

Postby hypno-nut » May 17th, 2007, 7:10 pm

What is it ?
And what does it do ?
hypno-nut
Regular
Regular

Postby Jacara » May 17th, 2007, 8:21 pm

It's easier to go to their site and see for yourself.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jaddy » May 20th, 2007, 9:43 am

Hm, I tried BW some time ago, before I came to this site.

Has anyone combined BWGen and hypno files and how were the effects?
Jaddy

Postby gregi696 » May 20th, 2007, 12:18 pm

I've done that before, you can make preset that is the same length as the file you want to use it with and then overlay the file over top of it. For me I found deeper trances than before with using, though since I started using cardigan's inductions I get a deep trance without the BW in the background. Definitely worth a shot though. BTW use Audacity for sound editing.
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jaddy » May 20th, 2007, 1:48 pm

Audacity is a great tool. Portableapps.com has a version that runs without installation, say from a USB stick.

I just made an MP3 file with an induction plus three suggestion clips and a BWGen WAV in the background. We'll see if it works even better than the suggestions alone.
Jaddy

Postby axl233 » May 21st, 2007, 12:04 am

Maybe it's just me but I find the default sounds of BW Gen annoying. I really like how sarnoga makes his binaural beat files with a music sample.
axl233
Regular
Regular

Postby Jacara » May 21st, 2007, 4:37 pm

I've used BWG seperately from hypnosis files, and had about equal luck with both (which is to say "A bit, but not much").

I agree that it'd be nice if it used sounds other than the default tone.

I've heard that Audacity has the ability to offset the frequency of one channel a certain amount from the other, which should do the same thing for music & voice as BWG does for a tone. I tried to find that feature in Goldwave but I don't see it (but I could be missing it, it's got tons of features).
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sarnoga » May 22nd, 2007, 11:15 am

axl233 wrote:Maybe it's just me but I find the default sounds of BW Gen annoying. I really like how sarnoga makes his binaural beat files with a music sample.

Glad to hear you like the binaurals I have created for my files as well as for some other files on this site. Thanks for the feedback.

Jacara wrote:I've heard that Audacity has the ability to offset the frequency of one channel a certain amount from the other, which should do the same thing for music & voice as BWG does for a tone. I tried to find that feature in Goldwave but I don't see it (but I could be missing it, it's got tons of features).

Yes, Audacity does have the ability to change the frequency of one channel seperately from the other. You do this by changing the pitch of the desired channel. You can also offset the timing of one channel in relation to another. It also has many other features that can be used to make an effective overlay to a hypnosis file. I use Audacity almost exclusively when making files.

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis