How do I know when I'm in trance? How do I achieve it?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

How do I know when I'm in trance? How do I achieve it?

Postby kelemanga » July 15th, 2007, 11:35 pm

Ok,
I've tried over and over and just can't seem to reach what I think is trance. I think it's where you can literally not move. But can hear.
I need to use a few of these files and want to know how I can get into trance easier. It's really hard and I feel like I'm just wasting my time.
kelemanga

Postby cardigan » July 16th, 2007, 11:45 am

First rule: don't worry about it. The more you focus on any problems you might be having going into trance, the more you enforce this state.

Second rule: relax. Be as relaxed as you can. Sit or lie as comfortably as possible.

From there on just listen in a very "detached" kind of way. DON'T concentrate on listening. Don't concentrate on anything. Just let your mind wander, while you enjoy this moment of peace and quiet, where you wind down. Try to achieve the same kind of thing as the moment JUST before you fall asleep at night.

Third and most importanly: Be completely uninterested in the hypnosis and especially the results, you wish to obtain.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby dumpertaker » July 16th, 2007, 1:18 pm

So are you basically saying to listen without listening?
dumpertaker
Regular
Regular

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » July 16th, 2007, 2:57 pm

Have you ever fallen asleep while a television is still switched on? It's like that.

You can allow yourself to feel lazy and comfortable and dozy. You hear the TV, but you're just so very comfortable, you can't be bothered to shut it off.

- Dozy

- Maybe dreaming a bit

As a result, you hear without listening. It's exactly like that.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby kelemanga » July 16th, 2007, 7:58 pm

Thankyou guys,
this has helped alot.
I reckon I can achieve trance alot easier with this now.
kelemanga

Postby PrincessMelissa » July 16th, 2007, 11:18 pm

I'm having the same problem. I see some good advice here, though. I'll take all these into consideration...
PrincessMelissa
Regular
Regular

Postby RaGeX » July 17th, 2007, 10:25 am

i tried your advise while listenning to betterguitar and noticed that i just feel fell asleep and din't wake up till the morning and i dought i was in trace
RaGeX

Postby cardigan » July 18th, 2007, 1:43 pm

Well, you should pick a time when you are less tired. A good time would be right after coming home after a day's work. You are tired and need a little rest, but not tired enough to fall asleep. Then - if you still just fall asleep and don't wake up when it tells you to, try a time when you are more alert than that. You have to experiment a little to find the right time for you. This can be very individual.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby jeremiah » July 18th, 2007, 10:15 pm

I have the easiest time achieving trance.

Hard time having suggestions work.
jeremiah
Mentor
Mentor

Postby kelemanga » July 18th, 2007, 11:08 pm

Hmm,
I'm getting the hang of this slowly. Every time I listen to a new file I feel a little bit more relaxed.
What is trance actually like?
Will I be awake?
Will I be able to get out of trance myself?
For example, if I heard something in the file I didn't like, could I just get up?
kelemanga

Postby Draygone » July 19th, 2007, 10:09 am

If you're worried that the hypnosis will make you do something you don't like, listen to the body without going into trance first. That way you'll know just what it is you're in for if you listen to the file.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby jeremiah » July 20th, 2007, 1:25 am

kelemanga wrote:Hmm,
I'm getting the hang of this slowly. Every time I listen to a new file I feel a little bit more relaxed.
What is trance actually like?
Will I be awake?
Will I be able to get out of trance myself?
For example, if I heard something in the file I didn't like, could I just get up?
The feeling would be the most relaxing feeling ever. As if you want to just fall asleep on the spot. Nothing can bother you.

If you didn't like the file, it would be hard to knock yourself out of trance because you'd be deep in the trance and not caring.
jeremiah
Mentor
Mentor

Postby krindil » July 22nd, 2007, 12:06 pm

have you ever went camping and you looked in the fire and just kept staring and staring, thats trance
krindil

a hard time

Postby laharppe » August 20th, 2007, 6:52 pm

i also have a hard time going into a trance i have adult add and i have a hard time focusing on anything and i think that may have an effect on my ability to enter a trance does anyone have any tips to make it a little easier to enter a trance?
laharppe

Return to General Hypnosis