Train Draw Anything: Will not work

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Train Draw Anything: Will not work

Postby Lobotaru » February 22nd, 2008, 8:21 pm

Ok, I don't like to be the one to be cynical, but as an artist, I can tell you right off the bat that this file WILL NOT WORK. First of all, while hypnosis might be able to help the person visualize what he wants to draw (depends on if he's had an eye for detail and took time to look at a lot of stuff), hypnosis cannot give you the muscle memory needed for your hands and arms to move proficiently to draw on a professional level. That takes months to years of actual practice to acquire, months if the person has massive dedication and/or is naturally gifted (like 1/1,000,000).
Drawing is no different. Plus, practically all comic art nowadays is reworked digitally to remove all the flaws and imperfections. There is virtually no one who can draw at a level that can match the quality you find in a professional grade comic book because its been retouched digitally on Adobe Photoshop or a similar program.
To make an analogy, it would be like someone asking for a file that will hypnotize a person into being a black belt in karate without ever taking a karate class. Similarly, asking to be hypnotized into being able to use any artist tool and use that tool absolutely proficiently is like trying to hypnotize yourself into being a master swordsman without ever having lifted a sword. Your arms do not know the sword's weight, the openings you create with particular stances and swings, etc. It just isn't going to work because it requires training your muscles to work in a way that can only be learned by actually experiencing the necessary motions repeatedly over a long period of time.

Ok, done being cynical.

On the bright side, one could hypnotize himself/herself into being more detail oriented when looking at things. That would be a start. Eventually, in conjunction with sketching, you could increase your skills as an artist.
Lobotaru
Regular
Regular

Postby demigraff » February 24th, 2008, 3:27 am

I'd strongly agree with that.

That's why for my artist file, I decided the suggestions would be:
1) Practise. You draw instinctively whenever you have time.
2) Be critical of your own work, study your weaknesses so you can improve them as you keep practising
3) Notice your strengths as well as your weaknesses. Gain confidence and keep practising
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis