Sleeping

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Sleeping

Postby tirips » May 27th, 2005, 8:56 pm

i don't know if this has been addressed, or if it would fall under a different catagory, but i was wondering....

If you made a cd of several files and set it to continually repeat throughout the night while you are sleeping, would you still see the same results as if you were awake and being hypnotized? i would think it would work about the same since both processes are targeting the subconscious.

Anyone have any thoughts or knowledge??
tirips

Postby Linja » June 1st, 2005, 2:58 am

From what I know, I'm going to give the answer that I hate recieving.
It depends.
At some stages of sleep, it can be a state of mind similar to that of hypnosis, and during this stage, hearing the files while asleep may have an effect, although it's not likely to be effective.
The thing is, for hypnosis to be most effective, you still need to be concious enough to hear the commands, but be unconcious enough for your mind to obey them automatically.
It's best to get into this state through an induction.
Although, perhaps you could use hypnosis to make yourself open to suggestion while asleep. I'm not sure about that one.

Anyway, I hope this has been of some help.

-Linja
Linja
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jack » June 1st, 2005, 4:52 am

Read this: http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=2547&highlight=#2547
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis