hypnosis and laughing gas

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

hypnosis and laughing gas

Postby busboy » March 8th, 2008, 12:56 pm

Curious to see if anybody has any suggestions, opinions or experience with this.

I've got a date in 2 weeks with an escaped Nazi interrogator, also known as a dentist. I'll be enjoying their kind ministrations for a few hours as they do some work, and I'm expecting to be under the influence of No2 at the time (because if I'm not, I'm gonna clock him -- I have a serious aversion to people with sharp things poking my mouth). The last time I received Nitrous from a dentist (almost 2 decades ago), I remember how my concious mind was disconnected . . . lucid but unresponsive (if that makes sense).
I'd like to bring some files along to play while gassed. While I can occasionally (more correctly, only twice) reach deep trance, it's very fragile and not 100%. My mind almost always squeezes some adrenaline into my system when I start slipping over that edge between light and deep trance, and as it does this reflexively there's no real way for me to overcome it (except to just randomly get lucky).
My thinking is, if my mind is cognizant of sounds (as I remember) but unresponsive to danger, then I should be able to use the opportunity to deep trance, then plant a re-trance trigger and a "quit with the adrenaline" instruction nice and deep. I'm hoping that if I can plant them deep enough and reinforce the holy hell out of them, I can use it to by-pass my mind's reflexive defensive mechanism when I'm sober.

My first question is one of saftey -- I can't see any real medical risk, as neither the No2 nor the files seem to run the possibility of my body shutting down. Its not like full anesthesia, so I can't posit a scenario that might lead to something dangerous. However, just because I can't see a risk doesn't mean it's not there, so I'm fishing for y'alls opinions as to the safety and potential risks of mixing the two.

My second question is one of effeciency -- could this work? Is the mind under No2 lucid enough to receive a script? I know the concious mind is aware but neutralized, but obviously there's no way I could guage the effects of the gas on my subconcious. I can't find anything commenting on this literature-wise, so I'm wondering if anybody here might have any experience with trancing while intoxicated generally and gassed specifically.

My third question is procedural -- under these circumstances, would an induction be necessary? I'll use one regardless, but it seems from a purely philosophical perspective that "try to relax" is already a done deal. On the other hand, trancing isn't just relaxing but establishing that mindset, and can such a thing be done by jumping straight into a deepener?

Any knowledge or opinions are of course greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

busboy
busboy
Regular
Regular

is it safe.....

Postby hephaestus » June 1st, 2008, 8:54 pm

Why not stick to hypnosis.

nitrous oxide whilst being pleasant like having a drink or three I could imagine being quite expensive unless you happen to be a ambulance paramedic or midwife with access :D and I've known a few paramedics who were addicted to the stuff...
Mind they we're in good company as William James I believe was a avid user.

Recreating the success for having used nitrous oxide will only mean having to continually use it to get the same result - I guess you could talk and think your way through taking it and seeing if you can recreate the phenomena from the original experience beause I have heard people using this technique to recreate previous smokings or tablets effects.

But again why step away from Hypnosis when we all know it works.
hephaestus

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » June 2nd, 2008, 6:11 am

Busboy - Thanks for a posting that made me laugh. It's well-written.

Sorry to say it, but your request steps outside the area of recreational hypnosis and crosses over into therapeutic hypnosis.

I realize your goal is still recreational. But the circumstances (doing it as part of a medical procedure) put it into a category where you need the guidance of a professional - at least that's my opinion.

You're right. There's less need for induction. But at the same time, there's a greater need for self-appreciation and for 'comfort' suggestions. And that's the reason for consulting a licensed hypnotherapist.

My best to you as you heal.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis