Hmmmmmm...

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Hmmmmmm...

Postby Jane_the_Bane » July 21st, 2008, 9:36 am

Hey there,

I hope the question I'm about to ask won't permanently brand me as a newbie, yet I guess it's much better to ask these things straight away than to wait until it becomes *really* embarassing.
So, here goes:

Is it a good sign to have one's conscious mind zoning completely out during a session, even if the file in question does not specifically demand it?
I'd guess so, as I assume that it just goes to show how deep the trance actually is - but on the other hand, most files demand that you continually pay attention to what's being said - and that's hardly the case when your conscious mind heads straight for the rabbit hole, now is it?
Or is my subconscious still listening, even though my conscious mind follows some utterly nonsensical tangent?
Jane_the_Bane

Postby FloridaPuppy » July 21st, 2008, 9:38 am

Nothing wrong with it, that's perfectly fine if your mind wanders.
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

Postby arienh4 » July 21st, 2008, 9:45 am

Your subconcious is supposed to listen. Actually, it probably wouldn't work if only your concious listens, cause then why would you even go into trance?
arienh4

Postby Jane_the_Bane » July 21st, 2008, 9:55 am

arienh4 wrote:Your subconcious is supposed to listen. Actually, it probably wouldn't work if only your concious listens, cause then why would you even go into trance?

Good point!

I just couldn't quite imagine that some part of me would still be paying attention even though I was busy visualizing cartoon grasshoppers at the time. (Don't ask. :wink: )
Jane_the_Bane

Postby Lunn » July 29th, 2008, 12:35 am

This is why so many places warn "Don't drive, operate machinery and blah blah blah... when listening to this file." Audio hypnosis, some subliminals and even some music can have this effect. So, find out how things effect you first in a safe environment. And enjoy yourself safely.

:mrgreen:

Lunn
Lunn
Regular
Regular

Well...

Postby littlejayboy » August 8th, 2008, 11:27 pm

hypnosis really is just distracting the conscious mind so that the messages go straight on to the subconscious mind. The subconscious mind does not question it, it just acts on it. - That is just my spin on things. Some may think of things differently. I think you are just fine drifting off...as long as you aren't "falling asleep".
littlejayboy

Postby cardigan » August 9th, 2008, 8:21 am

Your consious mind should gradually be brought to shut itself down. This won't happen if you consciously concentrate too much on what is being said to you. Your conscious and subconscious minds can both be forward at the same time. They are when you are awake. Then the conscious mind will act like a filter over the subconscious mind. You want that filtering effect to go away, so what an induction does is to let your body first - and then your conscious mind - relax so much, that the only thing present is your subconscious mind, which will then accept almost anything. :-)

The best way to do that is to listen in a very casual way and to not stop your mind from wandering. Your subconscious will still be listening - it always is - and at some point your conscious mind will be bored and shut itself down - and that's when the fun begins!
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby PS360 » August 10th, 2008, 5:45 pm

Can't Wait for something to happen on the news:

"Today there was a 30 car pile up due to a person claiming he was in " a hypnotic Trance" More on this after the break"
PS360
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis