Effectiveness

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Effectiveness

Postby crash_matrix » July 31st, 2008, 11:20 am

I've tried a couple of files on several occasions and they don't appear to work; it could be that I'm trying files too complex for a beginner.
Basically, I usually get into the file, am willing to take suggestion, and go into trance; but, nothing ever seems to happen, so I generally lose interest after 20 or 30 minutes.
Any suggestions on how I could resolve this issue and see some better results?

-- CM
crash_matrix

Re: Effectiveness

Postby whatthe75 » July 31st, 2008, 6:25 pm

crash_matrix wrote:I've tried a couple of files on several occasions and they don't appear to work; it could be that I'm trying files too complex for a beginner.
Basically, I usually get into the file, am willing to take suggestion, and go into trance; but, nothing ever seems to happen, so I generally lose interest after 20 or 30 minutes.
Any suggestions on how I could resolve this issue and see some better results?

-- CM

What exactly are you looking for from hypnosis? What files are you using?
How does nothing ever happen?What doesn't happen?
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby crash_matrix » August 1st, 2008, 6:53 am

That's alot of ground to cover in one post lol.
I'm trying self-hypnosis out of curiosity, and therefore studying my reactions objectively to determine its effectiveness on me -- I'm not pursuing any particular interest. I've tried out a couple of the 'diaper fetish' files, orgasm inducers and one or two mild feminization files.
I'm familiar with the trances because I have a long history of working with various forms of meditation, so I can be pretty sure I'm in trance. I trust the voice as much as I can, and on instruction try to do the things he/she suggests, but I never feel any compulsion to do it. The biggest issue is visualtization -- most of the files require mental visualization in fairly large detail, and I can't visualize that well.
So, usually, before I finish the file, but after I've entered trance, I become so bored with it that I snap into full awareness and have to stop the audio.

-- CM
crash_matrix

Postby whatthe75 » August 1st, 2008, 2:29 pm

Thanks for the answer.Sounds like your unconcious and concious mind are rejecting the file content.Maybe its just the choice of files your using.
Your first post mentions you get bored after 20 - 30 minutes which suggests to me the files are quite long. I am the same - if a file takes to long and no knew suggestions are given to go deeper further through the file i wake up bored.Start off with files that are shorter.

Not all people can visualize well or even at all.Not all people are "visuals" so it is hard for files of that nature to work for non visuals without the proper suggestions.If the files you have mentioned are the ones you really want to work,then having a full visualisation is not as important as you might think.When listening to the file you can just have a sense of what your supposed to be visualising in front of you.You dont neccessarily have to see it fully or clearly. Pretend that it is there, and work with it that way.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis