Skype Hypnosis?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Skype Hypnosis?

Postby Fixx » September 25th, 2008, 8:18 am

Hi everyone,

Just kind of throwing this out there. Has anybody tried hypnosis via Skype? If recordings and whatever work then I think Skype might have a lot of potential, especially since the hypnotist can receive feedback and react to it in realtime, something that obviously isn't possible with a recording. Just interested to hear your thoughts (or even experiences) on this.
Fixx

Postby FloridaPuppy » September 25th, 2008, 9:34 am

Yes, people do it with various voicechat things.
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Fixx » September 25th, 2008, 9:56 am

Ah right cool, I guess if I was more active in the online hypnosis community I'd be more clued up on this, I guess I'm just catching up on the curve here. It just kind of occurred to me something like Skype is pretty much ideal for this, but I wasn't really sure whether it's prone to connections being interrupted or other gremlins.
Fixx

Postby cardigan » September 25th, 2008, 10:22 am

I use Skype, Microsoft Messenger or Yahoo Messenger all the time for hypnosis. Actually I've had more paying clients over the net than in real life. And it's ideal, because it's actually almost as good as the real thing. The only 2 things you miss as a hypnotist is a) the possibility of grabbing hold of the client at certain times as a physical means of misdirection/diversion and using certain physical things as a means of deepening and b) you rely entirely on your hearing to grasp the state the client is in.

In the Elman Induction, for instance, with live clients, I use lifting the client's arm and then dropping it as partly a measure of the physical relaxation and partly as a means of getting them deeper "When I let go of your arm and it drops back in your lap, this is a signal to your subconscious to double your relaxation". With an online client I obviously can't use that, but I use another deepening techique instead.

When I'm performing hypnotherapy and relieving stressful events in the client's past it's very useful to study the face and body. But I find that listening closely to the breathing works just as well, actually.

I've lost count of the number of people I've hypnotized via a messenger service. It really rocks! :)
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Fixx » September 27th, 2008, 11:23 am

Yeah, I guess the tactile stuff would be out of the question. Probably no instant-handshake methods either. Nice to hear you've has success with hypnosis using this sort of software. Pretty much it seems that, aside from a few obvious limitations, these programs are ideal for hypnosis, as long as the guy on the other end has the right attitude and stuff.
Fixx

Postby Flow123 » September 27th, 2008, 11:40 am

I have had a trance session with cardigan over yahoo very recently. he is very good, friendly and awesome to work with.. yes voice chat is a very good inexpensive method for hypnosis... as long as you trust the other party! :D

my tist also works over voice on yahoo. its easier to meet up and such.
Flow123
Mentor
Mentor

Postby cardigan » September 27th, 2008, 11:42 am

Oh, I am just as confident meeting clients on Skype as I would be if they came to my home. Actually it's nicer on Skype, because I don't have to clean the house first! :-)

I can get the same results online as I get with people in the flesh. Actually - as it turns out - I have more experience hypnotizing people over the net than in person. The only downside for me is that I don't get to see and experience people in trance - and I love that! :oops:

But in terms of results there's almost nothing lost.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis