performing a quick induction

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Postby whatthe75 » September 27th, 2008, 3:48 pm

The handshake interupt is a very reliable technique and extremely quick.As you go to shake there hand when welcoming then grab there hand with the other and bring it upto there face with the right induction.Works in about 30 seconds.
Seriousness is a deadly disease.
Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Fixx » September 27th, 2008, 4:53 pm

Yeah, basically what whatthe75 said.
Last edited by Fixx on May 22nd, 2013, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fixx

Re: performing a quick induction

Postby Blink » September 28th, 2008, 7:12 am

Infinitum wrote:I have a friend with a small personal dilemma wherein she wants to be hypnotized however she gets very nervous at around the 3 to 5 minute mark during a prolonged induction.

Google "Dave Elman." You'll find enough to get started. As another poster has already said, confidence is key.

There are many possibilities for working with this. You can reframe the nervousness or discover its source and eliminate it. You can do a more rapid induction. You can use a covert induction. There's more.

I had a subject once with an elegant itch. She couldn't lie still or listen to any sort of induction without being plagued by itches. The itches make you move, 'cause you've got to scratch. If you're moving and you're distracted by itches, you can't go into trance, right?

The itches were like kryptonite to me. So I did an arm levitation instead. Erickson has a published method that's called a "doubletalk" induction. Once her arms were moving outside conscious control, the rest was easy as pie. She couldn't do "trance," but her arm would fly in a matter of seconds.

Inductions are much, much easier than everyone thinks.

-- Blink

There's no need to start from scratch. I'll just use the trance you're in now.
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby Blink » September 28th, 2008, 7:21 am

Almost forgot.

I don't expect anyone to suggest anything with the words "vagus nerve" in it, but if they do, poke 'em with a stick and run away.

Vasovagal techniques are dangerous, abusive and illegal. And they're sooo Nineteenth Century! ;)

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » September 28th, 2008, 8:44 am

There are a couple of files on the net that show you quick inductions. One is by Tom Silver and the other by Gil Boyne (I think). They are very good and instructive. They all use pattern interrupt and are very effective. I use the hand drop induction frequently, and it's great to bump an analytical mind into trance before he knows what hit him! :-)

At a big party - company summer party - I hypnotized my former boss in 30 seconds, and he went very deep - despite music and noise.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Blink » October 1st, 2008, 2:02 pm

cardigan wrote:One is by Tom Silver and the other by Gil Boyne (I think).
Ormond McGill's The New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism catalogs hundreds of types of inductions including some that are quite rapid. It's worth reading if you can find a copy via Interlibrary Loan, but it's a bit pricey (around US$60). Cheap as textbooks go, but very narrowly focused.

Not all of the inductions are adaptable to every setting, but there are enough examples that there should be something there that's a good fit.

Cardigan's mention of Gil Boyne jogged my memory. Boyne has co-authored books with both Silver and McGill.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis