A challange

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

A challange

Postby Lunaraia » September 22nd, 2008, 12:28 am

I have 1 huge problem, I can't go under, don't know why, I relax I immagine the things yet it simply do not work. I have tried to go under using everything from confusion to normal inductions and all are nogo, and even though I do not speak English as a first languige that's not the problem, as I have been speaking English fluently since I was 8 years old. This is really starting to annoy me since there are a few files here that id really like to listen to, but they do not affect me :cry:

anyone have any idea on how I am to go under?
Lunaraia

Postby cardigan » September 22nd, 2008, 9:27 am

Well, if you talk English and are able to understand it immediately, I'd like to offer you a free session with me. All you need is a headset with a microphone for your computer, internet acces and a little uninterrupted peace and quiet.

It might be next-to-nothing that is keeping you from going into trance! It might be, that you have a very analytical mind, so that you are constantly monitoring your own progress while trying to go into trance. Or if you lack confidence in your ability to go into trance, then that could certainly hold you back.

From time to time I offer free sessions as a community service. No strings attached.

Send me a Private Message if this offer interests you.

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby CyrusBR » September 22nd, 2008, 8:15 pm

Well Lunaraia, you described exactly my problem. Like you, english is not my mother language, but I've been speaking it fluently with no problem for years. And for the last two years I've tried several different files, from different authors and with different induction approaches, but none of them work at all.. I listen to them throughly over and over again and nothing seems to happen... maybe it's just not meant to be for us (ok, I don't really believe that... we're probably just damn unlucky) :cry:
CyrusBR

Postby Kenn » September 22nd, 2008, 9:46 pm

CyrusBR wrote:Well Lunaraia, you described exactly my problem. Like you, english is not my mother language, but I've been speaking it fluently with no problem for years. And for the last two years I've tried several different files, from different authors and with different induction approaches, but none of them work at all.. I listen to them throughly over and over again and nothing seems to happen... maybe it's just not meant to be for us (ok, I don't really believe that... we're probably just damn unlucky) :cry:

Listening to them thoroughly might by your problem. You might be consentrating on the words a little too much. Try just letting your mind wonder while they play.
Kenn
Regular
Regular

Postby Lunaraia » September 28th, 2008, 1:57 pm

As in wander do you meen I should just hit the play button relax and then just think of something else and not focusing on the file at all?
Lunaraia

Postby Kenn » September 29th, 2008, 1:15 am

Lunaraia wrote:As in wander do you meen I should just hit the play button relax and then just think of something else and not focusing on the file at all?

Yes. Just relax and let your mind do what it wants. Don't try to force it blank and don't try to concentrate on every work. Just relax.
Kenn
Regular
Regular

Postby Lunaraia » September 29th, 2008, 11:09 am

sure il give it a try... wish me luck
Lunaraia

Postby Lunaraia » October 10th, 2008, 10:54 am

it didn't work........ this stinks
Lunaraia

Practice makes Perfect

Postby Calimore » October 10th, 2008, 1:19 pm

I'm just hoping you aren't trying with a file like TrigMorph or CursePrepubescent female. Like most things in life, most people need to take 'baby steps' when learning a new skill, such as being able to easily enter trance.

So, be sure to start small. Lutz' Bubble Induction, Blink's Basic Induction and Cardigan's Deep Trance are all quite nice and use differing techniques to take you into trance.

Speaking of Cardigan, he is a certified hypnotist who has helped many users here. I know two people who greatly benefited from a voice session with him, which he generously offers, with no strings attached. If I had known he was helping WMM users in this way when I first started, I'd have gone straight out and gotten a new headset and Skype. One session with him probably would have greatly reduced my frustration and time attempting to learn to go under. It's a great service he provides, as he has a good voice, lots of patience and a nice technique.

The important thing to remember, though, is that Practice makes Perfect. If a child tried to learn to ride a bicycle by going out, once every few days and tried once, failed, and gave up again for another few days, you woudn't expect the kid to become a bicyclist, would you? A lot of people seem to think that they should be able to go under the way people do in the movies and television, most people usually can't. For some of us, in fact, it can be a difficult thing to do in that our conscious minds are so busy listening to the hypnotist that it never quite disengages. Not to fear, though, nearly anyone who wants to CAN be hypnotized.

Try getting up half an hour earlier from sleeping, using the restroom, having a sip of water and listening to an induction. Forget your expectations - listen to it like you listen to music. The experience can be quite pleasant and relaxing, even if you don't go into a perceivable trance. Remember, this is supposed to be kinda fun, so approach it with a light heart.

Many people who think they are hypnotized actually do achieve a trance state and don't even know it. Some of these people even give up, instead of continuing to practice and get good enough that they can feel that they have gone under.

But they don't know what you know, Lunaraia, and that is: you're not alone. You have people online that want you to enjoy hypnosis and are here to help. Stick with inductions only, for now, and try the ones I mentioned above. Blink's Induction was the first to take ME deep, but I think the other files helped to 'clear the path' to my subconscious. Once your mind learns how to go into trance, it's all downhill from there. :wink:

Calimore Callierionde
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Re: A challange

Postby furrbarries » October 14th, 2008, 2:32 am

Lunaraia wrote:I have 1 huge problem, I can't go under, don't know why, I relax I immagine the things yet it simply do not work. I have tried to go under using everything from confusion to normal inductions and all are nogo, and even though I do not speak English as a first languige that's not the problem, as I have been speaking English fluently since I was 8 years old. This is really starting to annoy me since there are a few files here that id really like to listen to, but they do not affect me :cry:

anyone have any idea on how I am to go under?

Just get some lsd. It works bunches.
furrbarries

Re: A challange

Postby Lunaraia » December 12th, 2008, 4:11 pm

Just get some lsd. It works bunches.[/quote]

It just so happens that I am fully and completly against the use of drugs, specially drugs sutch as LSD
Lunaraia

Re: Practice makes Perfect

Postby Lunaraia » December 12th, 2008, 4:16 pm

Calimore wrote:I'm just hoping you aren't trying with a file like TrigMorph or CursePrepubescent female. Like most things in life, most people need to take 'baby steps' when learning a new skill, such as being able to easily enter trance.

So, be sure to start small. Lutz' Bubble Induction, Blink's Basic Induction and Cardigan's Deep Trance are all quite nice and use differing techniques to take you into trance.

Speaking of Cardigan, he is a certified hypnotist who has helped many users here. I know two people who greatly benefited from a voice session with him, which he generously offers, with no strings attached. If I had known he was helping WMM users in this way when I first started, I'd have gone straight out and gotten a new headset and Skype. One session with him probably would have greatly reduced my frustration and time attempting to learn to go under. It's a great service he provides, as he has a good voice, lots of patience and a nice technique.

The important thing to remember, though, is that Practice makes Perfect. If a child tried to learn to ride a bicycle by going out, once every few days and tried once, failed, and gave up again for another few days, you woudn't expect the kid to become a bicyclist, would you? A lot of people seem to think that they should be able to go under the way people do in the movies and television, most people usually can't. For some of us, in fact, it can be a difficult thing to do in that our conscious minds are so busy listening to the hypnotist that it never quite disengages. Not to fear, though, nearly anyone who wants to CAN be hypnotized.

Try getting up half an hour earlier from sleeping, using the restroom, having a sip of water and listening to an induction. Forget your expectations - listen to it like you listen to music. The experience can be quite pleasant and relaxing, even if you don't go into a perceivable trance. Remember, this is supposed to be kinda fun, so approach it with a light heart.

Many people who think they are hypnotized actually do achieve a trance state and don't even know it. Some of these people even give up, instead of continuing to practice and get good enough that they can feel that they have gone under.

But they don't know what you know, Lunaraia, and that is: you're not alone. You have people online that want you to enjoy hypnosis and are here to help. Stick with inductions only, for now, and try the ones I mentioned above. Blink's Induction was the first to take ME deep, but I think the other files helped to 'clear the path' to my subconscious. Once your mind learns how to go into trance, it's all downhill from there. :wink:

Calimore Callierionde

Good idea Calimore il try, will post back in a while and see if it works, as for getting up 30 min eariler, have hardly ben able to get up since atumn break, so im 'fraid that aint gonna work

gonna try lust the lightwight stuff though, as for Cardigan, he has thrown me an offer, but since I am living in a boarding school and since I don't have a working mic on my headset it'll have to wait till I can get my hands on 1 and till I have a break, find it a little to risky to do hypnosis when the teacher can come in for a room inspection at any time of the day
Lunaraia

Postby MacGyver » December 12th, 2008, 6:55 pm

like calimore says, it takes practice. eventhough i learn new things fast, after trying files by 8 or more different hypnotists, i finally went under tance, and felt it and knew that either i was in trance or soemthing weird happened. told a female hypnotist what i felt, and she confirmed i had went deep. took me 2 or 3 weeks to be able to acheive that, there are people who may take alot longer than i did to get into a deep trance by an audio file.

and yes, soon as ya can, take cardigan up on his offer, he does have a good voice, in a way his voice reminds me of a couple of actors i have seen in movies as they talk very calm and slowly, all i have to do is learn to acheive trance with his induction, and practice with a file of his that will help, but, eventhough i can learn this stuff fast enough to just use the audio files, not many are able to achieve trance until they have had a one-on-one with a hypnotist.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby jli » February 12th, 2009, 7:22 am

Actually I'm also difficult to go under. Although I try to purchase some hypnosis CD, most of them are not highly effective, can have a little bit relaxation feeling but not in trance state.

I had been hypnotized through clinical hypnotherapist. Some of them works but it is still not easy. Sometimes the therapist found me not in trance state and did not perform the deepen process as well.

I am afraid that it's because of my analytical mind (or not opened mind). Try but not know how to preserve for post-suggestion.
YM!: cpli_hk
jli

Postby MacGyver » February 12th, 2009, 8:00 am

jli, if you are worried about being analytical, do like i do and search out files that have background noise or music or both, there is also a confusion induction on here somewhere. this is a good start. trust me, been thre, done that, and from time to time go back to it.

eventhough i skip past the induction and do an analytical listen with my computer before i try to trance with a file, when i do put it on my mp3 player to trance, i find most of the time that unless there is some kind of music or background noise in the file, my mind tries to analyze everything and 9 times out of 10, this prevents me from entering trance.

so, go for the files where the induction will confuse your mind to the point it has not chance to analyze anything, and after a while you should find it easier to trance with other files. for me, it was like that was the only way to be able to use the other files, the first one i went deep with, had an echo to the voice, which helped me quite a bit, but when i found this site, i found that it was still hard to trance with any file that did not contain any distortion or noise.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » February 12th, 2009, 8:03 am

I've learned the challenge described by Lunaraia is fairly common - happening for many.

A desire for trance...
    A desire to be guided by post-hypnotic suggestions...
When relaxing into trance - it's unnecessary to evaluate. Evaluation is function of the conscious mind - something to be avoided.

I could tell you that you should focus on what you feel. But it's more effective if you discover it for yourself. It's more effective because what you feel is private and personal. It belongs entirely to you.

Practice. Practice your trancing skill.

Discover what's inside yourself.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby Lunaraia » February 16th, 2009, 5:09 pm

Easier said then done Im afraid, I ting ive been close to trancing more then once, siniceI sometimes ave tis feeling of falling while listening to the files, then the fall turns into a bungee jump as my mind is janked back to the surface somehow, no idea why, as for the analytical part, can someone give a name or link to some of the best confusion inductions on site, have no problem with the relaxation part, but as soon aas I try to let go my mind immidietly get to work on not onl analyzing but memorizing the intire script, if it would take so much time I could atm give you 3/4 of the Bubble induction after only listening to it twice, I think that I either fell asleep of lightl tranced on someparts, but my mind janked me back by the time I came to the important part unfortunatly, if i onl had been able to stay under long enough to get the trigger to stick in my mind then te problem would have a permanent solution as all I would have to do would be to put on my headset start the file and trigger myself, life is cruel I WANT TO GO UNDER and unfortunatl I can't listen to this stuff all to often because I generall are buis till closer to midnight so I can't get any real practice down either :(
Lunaraia

Return to General Hypnosis