EncyclopediaDramatica.com article about us.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

EncyclopediaDramatica.com article about us.

Postby PS360 » October 19th, 2008, 7:51 pm

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/WarpMyMind.com

I laughed because it's true.

Also, Sorry for ruining the fun for you EDiots :P
PS360
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Kenn » October 19th, 2008, 8:21 pm

I had to laugh at that as well. :lol: Though if that guy thinks warpmymind is that bad, he obviously hasn't been around the internet that often. :P
Kenn
Regular
Regular

Postby jeremiah » October 19th, 2008, 9:38 pm

Great find :D

I think it's funny, but people have their own opinions.

As of October 2008, the world's population is estimated to be about 6.7 billion (6,700,000,000)

That guy apparently thinks that out of 6.7 billion people, we are the weirdest?

HA
:)
jeremiah
Mentor
Mentor

Postby lizzie101 » October 19th, 2008, 11:59 pm

jeremiah wrote:Great find :D

I think it's funny, but people have their own opinions.

As of October 2008, the world's population is estimated to be about 6.7 billion (6,700,000,000)

That guy apparently thinks that out of 6.7 billion people, we are the weirdest?

HA
:)
I dunno dude, I'd say we're close.

I consider it an achievement though 8)
lizzie101
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » October 20th, 2008, 11:32 am

I have just been generally shocked. Not by something here, but by that website - the Encyclopediadramatica. It's the most biassed and mean outburst of craziness, I have seen in a long time.

In my opinion the writer(s) of that article don't know what they're talking about. It's true that there are a lot of files here that would not interest many people, and some that might disgust even more people. But there are also many great files for self-help and self-improvement. And a great many of the latter are actually free. Completely free - because as you know from being a member yourself - Premium only means that you get access to the brand new free files 4 months before everybody else, but if you are willing to wait the 4 months the once premium files will be free after that.

The only exception to this are the pay-files. And quite frankly - try counting the total number of files here and then figure out how small a percentage of the files are pay-files!

Warpmymind is a place for consenting adults. Most files - I think - have been made from requests by the users. And if you think a file sounds wacky, then try noticing how many times it's been downloaded. The diversity AND popularity of this portal goes to show NOT how warped the file authors are, but how many diverse wishes they are actually willing to fulfill.

The article reminded me very much about an episode of Penn & Teller Bullshit, where they pounced on hypnosis and used their editing power to lie about Wendi Friesen and display her as a hypnotist who encouraged people with cancer to stop seeking medical aid and buy her hypnosis CD instead and who boasted to be able to give the listeners orgasms on another CD. When in fact Wendi is a kind and devoted person who has helped thousands of people with her hypnosis.

Oh - I tried looking up other words too, and it doesn't seem as if they are very knowledgable about hypnosis in general either. As a matter of fact you should feel lucky if you get a hit from anything you search for there - because there are huge hole in their "knowledge" - THANK GOD!!! Look what they have to say about hypnosis: http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Hypnosis
They say that it's a means of pesuasion INVENTED by Scientology!!

Also I found it interesting that while I was visiting that site and reading the article I had numerous pop-up windows encouraging me to contact willing hot ladies in my local area by clicking the window! Who is cheap, commercial and superficial, I ask?

Warpmymind.com is a perfectly honest place on the net - with the most free hypnosis files anywhere in the world. I'm proud to be a member of it and a contributor of files. If anybody stumbles in here by mistake and doesn't like what he sees - he can go away. And while he's here, he won't be agressively attacted with cheap thrill offers. What you see is what you get, and if you don't like it......just leave! No hard feelings!

Encyclopediadramtica on the other hand is one of the places that really gives the internet a bad name and tries to force lies down the throats of very gullible people.

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby PS360 » October 20th, 2008, 12:44 pm

cardigan wrote:
The article reminded me very much about an episode of Penn & Teller Bullshit, where they pounced on hypnosis and used their editing power to lie about Wendi Friesen and display her as a hypnotist who encouraged people with cancer to stop seeking medical aid and buy her hypnosis CD instead and who boasted to be able to give the listeners orgasms on another CD. When in fact Wendi is a kind and devoted person who has helped thousands of people with her hypnosis.

I love penn and teller.

They are cool.
PS360
Mentor
Mentor

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » October 20th, 2008, 2:05 pm

I invite you to share one of the important lessons we gay guys learn quickly.

The ones who condemn are usually the ones struggling most against their desire.

And those who celebrate life fully - without harm to others - can stand their ground. We reach out with an invitation to set struggle aside for awhile.

Today is an opportunity to fearlessly and honestly face the things you desire; taking a step toward self-actualization.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby Martham112 » October 20th, 2008, 2:05 pm

Well Encyclopedia Dramatica is similar to [url=www.uncyclopedia.org]Uncyclopedia[/URL] in that it's a comedy site. To be honest, I find Uncyclopedia a lot funnier though. Just search up Liger and prepare to die of laughter![/url]
Martham112

Postby PS360 » October 20th, 2008, 9:39 pm

PS360
Mentor
Mentor

Postby lizzie101 » October 20th, 2008, 10:55 pm

cardigan wrote:...
I think you're misunderstanding the site. It's really not meant to be taken seriously in any way, shape or form. It's written almost entirely by internet trolls, so of course it's all totally meant as a joke.
lizzie101
Regular
Regular

Postby Mino » October 21st, 2008, 10:56 am

lol i made the CurseDiaperUrinateDefficateChastityHumiliationTortureCCPDribbleCumMore file as a joke.

I suppose the joke is that 11,000 people have downloaded it.

But it was really only a matter of time before this site ended up on ED.
Mino
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » October 21st, 2008, 11:36 am

I personally take it as a compliment that people have enough time/energy to create posts about us there. Means that while we're a small fish on the web, we're big where kinky hypnosis is concerned.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lunn » October 21st, 2008, 11:59 am

I think they are jealous that they didn't find a way to make as much money off their site.

Lunn
Lunn
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » October 21st, 2008, 1:19 pm

I just wish that I was making as much money as they seem to think I am. If I was pulling down hundreds of thousands of dollars a year I'd hire a full time programmer to do all the cool stuf I want to do to the site.

Lunn wrote:I think they are jealous that they didn't find a way to make as much money off their site.
Lunn
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PS360 » October 21st, 2008, 6:31 pm

lizzie101 wrote:
cardigan wrote:...
I think you're misunderstanding the site. It's really not meant to be taken seriously in any way, shape or form. It's written almost entirely by internet trolls, so of course it's all totally meant as a joke.

I thought it was plain obvious.
PS360
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Captain_Thunder » October 21st, 2008, 7:16 pm

EMG wrote:I just wish that I was making as much money as they seem to think I am. If I was pulling down hundreds of thousands of dollars a year I'd hire a full time programmer to do all the cool stuf I want to do to the site.

Lunn wrote:I think they are jealous that they didn't find a way to make as much money off their site.
Lunn

Out of curiosity, what was the error in their calculations? How much money do you actually make off this site? (If you don't mind answering.)
Captain_Thunder

Postby EMG » October 21st, 2008, 7:51 pm

They said I had made over 80K from a single pay file, and with about 100 pay files they guessed that I've made millions. I've never made 80K in an entire year, let alone from a single file(and that is all I will say about the site's income).

Captain_Thunder wrote:
EMG wrote:I just wish that I was making as much money as they seem to think I am. If I was pulling down hundreds of thousands of dollars a year I'd hire a full time programmer to do all the cool stuf I want to do to the site.

Lunn

Out of curiosity, what was the error in their calculations? How much money do you actually make off this site? (If you don't mind answering.)
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby arienh4 » October 29th, 2008, 8:52 am

But,
40 * 2205 = 88200.
Now, I understand that you don't get all the money, but I would expect you would receive at least 50% of it.
arienh4

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » October 29th, 2008, 12:21 pm

arienh4 wrote:But, 40 * 2205 = 88200.

Now, I understand that you don't get all the money, but I would expect you would receive at least 50% of it.

There are things we know - where we're aware of our knowledge.
Example: I know I can read.

There are things we don't know - where we're aware of the gap in our knowledge.
Example: I know I can't read text written using the Cyrillic alphabet.

There are even things we don't know and we're blissfully unaware of it.
Example: Infants and toddlers are unaware of thermal dynamics.
They're blissfully unaware of the meaning behind the word 'hot' until that first unfortunate experience of feeling it.

Among the Things I Know:
    - The Diaper Training recording is currently on sale for 31% off ( $28 ).

- The accumulation of 2,000+ downloads occurred over a period of time - not all at once.

Among the Things I Don't Know:
    - I don't know whether downloads increase when there's a sale price.

- I don't know whether the current $40 price for the Diaper Training example was the original price when first released.

Other things I know:
- There are costs when you run a business.

- Revenue and cost information for running WMM won't be posted in a public forum like this.

Other things I don't know:
- I don't know how many times you've enjoyed a trance. I don't know how deep you like to go.

I don't know whether the amusing distraction of EncyclopediaDramatica feels as good as trance feels to you.

And isn't interesting to wonder what you knew that you knew before you experienced feeling trance?

MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby demigraff » October 29th, 2008, 1:28 pm

Captain_Thunder wrote:Out of curiosity, what was the error in their calculations?

They assume that the $40 is per download. It isn't - once I've paid for a file, I'm free to download it again if my hard disk crashes, or maybe I want to listen to it on a friend's computer while away from home.

I also know from the stats on my own site that 95% of the downloads are the same few fuckwits who download the file again every single time they want to listen to it. For example, one particular user downloads one of my files twice every single day. I suspect a lot of WMM's downloads (and expenses) are due to the same kind of inconsiderate people. For payfiles, they'd account for hundreds of downloads on the counter, even though they only pay once.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby diapers_forever » October 29th, 2008, 5:55 pm

Not to mention, can't you download JUST ONE PART? So the price of 40 is split 8 ways.
diapers_forever
Regular
Regular

Postby loadedkaos » October 29th, 2008, 11:46 pm

I'm actually disapointed at encyclopedia dramatica I don't think that this was nearly as funny as their furry section.... and to any one that doesn't think the site is intended to be funny it is the website equivelant of Triumph the insult comedic dog's retarded half-brother.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby notyou » October 30th, 2008, 11:37 pm

EMG wrote:If I was pulling down hundreds of thousands of dollars a year I'd hire a full time programmer to do all the cool stuf I want to do to the site.

Ever thought about recruiting programming help from the community? I could spend 5 hours or so every week helping out.
notyou
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » October 31st, 2008, 10:22 am

I have asked a few times in the past but seldom with much success. If you have time and wish to help I would be MOST grateful. I have a long laundry list of changes/improvements that I want to make and will take all the help I can get.

notyou wrote:
EMG wrote:If I was pulling down hundreds of thousands of dollars a year I'd hire a full time programmer to do all the cool stuf I want to do to the site.

Ever thought about recruiting programming help from the community? I could spend 5 hours or so every week helping out.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby neil1357 » November 9th, 2008, 10:29 am

EMG wrote:I have asked a few times in the past but seldom with much success. If you have time and wish to help I would be MOST grateful. I have a long laundry list of changes/improvements that I want to make and will take all the help I can get.

Sounds like a great idea for the next Free File: "Coding new features makes you feel happy and aroused, and every time you complete a new feature for the site, you will have a series of orgasms..." :wink:
neil1357

Postby SomeBloke » December 8th, 2008, 12:59 pm

I just wanted to say [url=http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/WarpMyMind.com#THE_REBUTTAL]thanks[/url] to Mr. Cardigan. You're like a beacon of butthurt in a swamp of reasonable reactions.

Also, yes, ED != serious, and you have to admit this whole thing DOES look ridiculous from an outsiders perspective. But hey, go on. We did it FOR TEH LULZ, as they say.
SomeBloke

Postby VeryGnawty » December 11th, 2008, 11:45 am

SomeBloke wrote:
Also, yes, ED != serious

Actually, I thought it was serious until I started getting popups of skimpy chicks.

That made me lulz. Actually, the hot chick popups were the only thing funny on that site. If the article itself was an attempt at humor, then ED is total fail.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby PS360 » January 2nd, 2009, 1:36 am

Ahahahahaahahaa

It appears that, some time ago, somebody on their forums [1] took a break from fantasizing about his dick shrinking, and noticed this article.

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/WarpMyMind.com#THE_REBUTTAL
PS360
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis