iDoser?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

iDoser?

Postby citerehetilop » December 24th, 2008, 10:02 pm

Hey everyone, I was wondering if iDoser had a "dose" for feminization?
And Merry Christmas!
citerehetilop

Postby livelonger8 » December 25th, 2008, 5:28 am

Happy Christmas to you too - and everyone else here. :)
Anyway, I-doser unfortunately doesn't support feminization files. You can achieve feminization through most the files available throughout this site; you can also achieve further success with hypnotism through the addition of binaural beats.
livelonger8
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ryaneden » December 25th, 2008, 8:49 pm

Has anyone here actually had any success with i-Doser? I've tried it myself, but all it was good for was a headache. :P
ryaneden

Postby homerj1620 » December 26th, 2008, 1:02 am

ryaneden wrote:Has anyone here actually had any success with i-Doser? I've tried it myself, but all it was good for was a headache. :P

Somewhat. The astral projection and out of body ones make me feel rather floaty and sometimes can feel like waves are moving through me, but that's as far as I've been able to do with them. Same with the astral projection files for Brainwave Generator. The Marijuana file can make me feel lightly buzzed, but it fades rather quickly for me.
homerj1620
Mentor
Mentor

Postby diapers_forever » December 26th, 2008, 2:01 am

It works pretty well for me, but as can be expected, no, no feminization file. The program just flips switches in your mind, like relaxation, to achieve the effects. There is no switch for feminization.
diapers_forever
Regular
Regular

Postby Route42 » January 2nd, 2009, 9:20 pm

i've rather been on an iDoser kick lately, so I thought I'd comment here.

Even though binaural and hypnotism are totally different concepts, they both deal with the idea of messing with the brain via imput (usually aural). I am a believer in both, despite minimal results with each.

Hypnotism is (as I understand it...) tapping into the unconscious mind, utilizing trances to access it. (I won't say much about that here since this is a hypnotism forum. Doubtlessly most of you know much, MUCH more about it than I do). However, the reason as I see it, that hypnotism can work for feminizing (to various degrees) is the huge role that the brain plays in matters regarding gender and hormones. It is really rare, but there are cases where a man has made the absolute decision that he wants to be a female and the body has responded by doing some breast growth and such. This does not happen for most people... although my guess would be that the potential is in a lot of us. I would think that hypnosis would be a way of bringing that potential out--albeit (probably) much slower than actually taking hormones would be... and to a lesser degree. For most people. Lots of shaky ground, here. Brains, hypnosis, and transgendering... brains are mysterious... hypnosis still seen by most as a crock... and transgendering? hah! Science still seems bound to the "if you inject hormones into it, it'll change" mindset and doesn't care beyond that.

For iDoser (and other binaural things) the ability (and goal) is (to phrase it similar to the post above me) "flipping switches in our brains" to achieve either a change in feeling, or a change in perception. Most binaural producers (the stuff you'll get if you google-search for binaural mp3s) peddle stuff to make you feel better about yourself. iDoser specializes in binaurals that will simulate drugs-- if someone can get high off of it, chances are iDoser has a binaural that will, theoretically, simulate it (from your standard "drunk" and "marijuana" to more exotic things like "peyote"). There is a page of sex-related doses (from the basic "orgasm" to less easy to define concepts like "first love"), and a few that are akin to the "make you feel better about yourself" stuff... but largely they are trying to corner the market on people looking for a legal high. The thing I like about them is I don't have to trance to have a gambling chance of them working... just listen with headphones and let the brain do its thing. I had pretty good success with "First Love" the first time I tried it... not so much since then (sadly... i liked the first time a lot). Anyway, you'll see some physical reactions to iDoser/binaurals... but none of them will bring any physical change.

Gosh, this was a long, meandering post. My apologies. (And is this my first post to boot? I think it might just be....)
Route42
Regular
Regular

Postby PS360 » January 2nd, 2009, 11:23 pm

It's a placebo effect
PS360
Mentor
Mentor

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » January 3rd, 2009, 8:14 am

PS360 wrote:It's a placebo effect

PS360, your opinion is interesting.
It's interesting because it seems to indicate you believe that the scientifically proven phenomenon of binaural beats is the equivelent of a sugar cube.

I wholeheartedly agree that the business plan for i-Doser is amazing. What an amazingly creative way to sell recordings!

Those of us who've created recordings of binaural beats understand the work it takes. What a stroke of marketing genious - to successfully make a profit from creating recordings embedded with binaural beats (to give the listener a curious sensation) and then calling them by names like "Orgasm", "Adrenaline" or "Peyote".
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby PS360 » January 4th, 2009, 10:13 pm

Na just i doser
PS360
Mentor
Mentor

Postby livelonger8 » January 6th, 2009, 5:10 pm

Nice one, you just killed the whole experience for those who're capable of interpreting the placebo effect; I would have told them otherwise, but would prefer to allow others to experience the significance I-doser has to offer.

In future, don't do this as it would ruin the effect for other members.

Alternatively, for all those other members who read his post...
How do you know it's not a placebo to accept the effect to be placebo? For yourself inducing a placebo, or rather a nacebo considering it's a negative due to the trick eliminating the effect of the dose; for the files to not actually be placebo and for every comment upon the being a placebo and for you then to accept them as a placebo to be a placebo effect?
livelonger8
Mentor
Mentor

Postby PS360 » January 6th, 2009, 5:30 pm

livelonger8 wrote:

Nice one, you just killed the whole experience for those who're capable of interpreting the placebo effect; I would have told them otherwise, but would prefer to allow others to experience the significance I-doser has to offer.

Your welcome
PS360
Mentor
Mentor

Postby livelonger8 » January 6th, 2009, 5:35 pm

PS360 wrote:
livelonger8 wrote:

Your welcome

It's still not very nice to kill a placebo for someone.
livelonger8
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ARWolf » January 7th, 2009, 12:46 am

livelonger8 wrote:
It's still not very nice to kill a placebo for someone.

Except for one little fact: those files are NOT free. Is it WRONG to tell someone they're being scammed? I certainly don't think so.

Note that a placebo differs from hypnosis in that you know entirely what you are getting to start with, and they don't lie about how it works or what it does. And hypnosis actually can have real effects on the mind.

I have messed around with Brainwave Generator some. About all it's ever managed to do is make me feel really fuzzy-headed. Not exactly a pleasant experience as the effects were hard to get rid of. It wasn't even a good state for hypnosis as it really hoses your concentration. I am thoroughly convinced that is the extent of what such programs can actually do.
ARWolf
Regular
Regular

Postby pyroid » January 12th, 2009, 5:15 pm

To me they are really similar. I tried I-Doser after reading ait about it here and I used the migrane file and it really worked. So I tried Alpha and it did help me remeber small things but nothing out of the ordinary. Someone suggested orgasm and I gave it a whirl, although it didn't feel exactly like the real deal during sex but it did make me feel warm fuzzy sexually aroused and I felt calm, which is doffernt for me during such a state.
Hypnosis is similar but more pronounced I think is the right word. You can do a little more with it if you are willing to take the time. But both only work if you truely want them to. If your distracted een the least bit they both don't work. So I tried listen to a dose just before hypnosis the one that makes you feel like your just about to fall asleep and then listened to the spa file from Subliminally your and had much better results for the beat took me down, the induction took me even further, and I worried less during the body which always use to kill it for me.
pyroid
Regular
Regular

Postby guyincognito88 » April 11th, 2009, 10:49 pm

There's a shareware program online called Brainwave Generator. Essentially the same thing as iDoser. They ask you to purchase it after a trial period, but there are workarounds. However, it comes with a number of presets, and a library of user made presets as well, which are all free.

Highly recommended
guyincognito88

Postby BobbyS » April 12th, 2009, 6:12 am

Except for one little fact: those files are NOT free. Is it WRONG to tell someone they're being scammed? I certainly don't think so.

Note that a placebo differs from hypnosis in that you know entirely what you are getting to start with, and they don't lie about how it works or what it does. And hypnosis actually can have real effects on the mind.

I have messed around with Brainwave Generator some. About all it's ever managed to do is make me feel really fuzzy-headed. Not exactly a pleasant experience as the effects were hard to get rid of. It wasn't even a good state for hypnosis as it really hoses your concentration. I am thoroughly convinced that is the extent of what such programs can actually do.

I agree with just about everything you've said here, except there are two points I'd like to make.

Firstly, while I agree discussion about this needs to be allowed, considering binaural files cost money on this site. However, would it not make more sense to make a new thread, solely for the purpose of discussing whether they work or not?

You might say that, considering this person is asking about paying for something, it needs to be asked here as well.

To which my response would be, if these things really do have a placebo effect, then why ruin something that still could work for someone?
After all, some say throat lozenges are nothing more than placebos. But if it still soothed your sore throat, would you want the effect stopped by someone telling you it was placebo?
The question can still be put in the same forum but in a different topic so the person asking this question won't have any possible placebo effect ruined.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby jeffersondatass » July 18th, 2009, 1:37 am

Idoser does not really do what it claims to do. It claims that it reproduces the effects of various drugs and other miscellany. I personally encourage people to move away from Idoser into other binaural audio. It is well known that Idoser stole most of the program source from the well-reputed binaural audio generator SBAgen, a completely free, open-source program.

People using the binaural audio should just be aware of what it can really do versus Idoser's hype (and they should get it for free). I personally find certain frequencies useful for going into trance, or for general relaxation.

(anyone unduly interested in SBAgen or creating different binaural audio files with it, pm me)
jeffersondatass

Return to General Hypnosis