Moderator: EMG

Words

Postby JadynMC » January 20th, 2009, 1:53 am

Listening to my words will cause you to go deeper and deeper
or
Listening to my voice will cause you to go deeper and deeper
or
with each sentence you hear...

Is there a difference between words and voice or sentence??
JadynMC
Regular
Regular

Postby dharden » January 20th, 2009, 3:53 am

When I sound them out in my head, the third seems a bit off, as to me, "sentence" implies reading more than hearing. Differences between the first two seem to be a matter of style, of whatever the speaker and listener are more comfortable with.
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Postby baby_jessica75 » January 20th, 2009, 5:59 am

for me personally the voice one would be more effective because when the phrase " Listening to my words " makes it seem as if I need to intently concentrate on each word said while " Listening to my voice " gives me the impression that the sound alne will take me deeper. as I said this is just for me.
reality is no more than a agreed upon belief system that has no stronger roots in truth than any other dream of humanity.

Jessie

baby_jessica75
Regular
Regular

Mmmmm, yummy semantics.

Postby Calimore » January 21st, 2009, 9:16 am

I try to avoid asking a subject to "listen to my words". Some subjects will do better if they just relax and don't actually "listen" to your words. I almost always suggest that they "listen" to my voice, as well as "feel"-ing it inside them, relaxing them, as it slowly becomes the only thing in the world they need to pay attention to.

In contrast, I tend to suggest that they continue to relax and notice that they can "hear" all of my words no matter how relaxed they become and that they can "feel" how each of my words seems to make them relax even deeper the more they listen to my voice.

Lately, I've also been pointing out how pleasant and relaxing my voice is, as well, telling subjects that soon just the sound of my voice (and their calm steady breathing) will be all that's needed to carry them down into a deep, comfortable trance.

So by contrasting "listening" and "hearing", one can turn the entire issue into a non-issue by using the concept to help induce trance, especially in more analytical subjects.
Last edited by Calimore on February 12th, 2009, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you only Believe in Hypnosis, It can Change Your Life.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby jli » February 12th, 2009, 7:17 am

It depends on the state of the subject, and here non-verbal induction is more important that a soft and soothing tone can be easy to be followed, no matter what the hypnotist said, isn't it?
YM!: cpli_hk
jli

Postby MacGyver » February 12th, 2009, 7:52 am

sometimes i listen to the words and sometimes i listen to just the sound of the voice and sometimes both, like the files i tranced with this morning, i started out with the words, then went to the voice, i got a nice trance out of the first file and another nice trance out of the second. the first file, i listened to the words a bit, and as i felt myself slipping into trance, i went from the words to teh voice, then near the end of the file back to hearing the words that were spoken as i was holding that level of trance fairly well, the second file, same thing, started with words, then to just the voice before the induction was even through, then did not hear the words again until the last couple of numbers on the count to wake up.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis