No matter how hard I try...

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

No matter how hard I try...

Postby whynot008 » February 25th, 2009, 3:38 pm

...I just can't seem to get into a trance. I can't quite clear my mind enough to fall in, it seems -- sensory information or random thoughts tend to interrupt.

Any suggestions?
whynot008

Re: No matter how hard I try...

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » February 25th, 2009, 4:09 pm

Congratulations on joining the site today and jumping right in.

There's a story about Harry Potter finding a stone. Depending on where you live in the world, it's either a philospher's stone or a wizards stone. What it's called is unimportant. The thing that's important is that the stone can be found only by someone who isn't searching for it. And that concept is pretty amazing.

Trance can be like that, especially at first. The harder one tries to find it, the more it evades.

I recently released a recording specifically for someone like you. Someone who couldn't clear their mind. It's called 'Shore of Relaxation', and the only goal of the recording is to let you practice the skill of going into trance.

Regardless of what you try, keep trying. And when you find something that works for you, please post your success story.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby Eskie » February 28th, 2009, 12:31 am

Humans have 55,000-60,000 thoughts per day, and huypnosis trance occurs when the beta/gamma (day) brainwaves are shut off completely.

In trance, "you just listen to my voice" and all the distracting thoughts fade away. If your brain is going at too high a hz you won't go into trance easily because you are "resisting".

A good hypnotist can guide your mind by trying other techniques depending on what progress you are making towards trance.

Hypnotic CDs will work if you play them often, but sometimes they are a bit too generic, and you may need a personal session to discover what is holding you back from going into trance.

There are special techniques to place you into trance in just a few seconds if you are resisting to hard.
Eskie

Postby nanaki001 » March 1st, 2009, 12:47 am

I'm having a similar issue.

Every time I try listening to a hypnosis file, either my whole body starts shaking violently or my mouth gets incredibly dry and I have keep swallowing. I can fall into a trance, but the moment my body shakes or I swallow, I snap out of the trance and feel awful.

I've been trying to get over it, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
nanaki001

Postby Ladon » March 1st, 2009, 9:26 am

I read recently in trance formations, that the minimum response by a hypnotist to anything like this should be to acknowledge that its happening (gain rapport by telling you something you know to be true) and then check for your response and build from there. Since we're working with recordings, I'm not really sure how that would work. Maybe try telling yourself out loud "I feel my body trying to tell me something, but I don't understand. Please help me figure out what I need" or something along those lines.

Another thing to remember is that the conscious and subconscious don't always want the same things. Your subconscious is there to protect you in many ways, and people tend to be *less* permissive in trance. That is, they're more likely to do something unpleasant in a normal state than an altered state. Maybe you're trying to do something your subconscious doesn't want you to do?
Ladon
Mentor
Mentor

Postby PS360 » March 1st, 2009, 10:28 am

Eskie wrote:Humans have 55,000-60,000 thoughts per day

Never knew that
PS360
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nanaki001 » March 1st, 2009, 3:00 pm

Ladon wrote:Maybe you're trying to do something your subconscious doesn't want you to do?
You know, I was wondering that. Maybe there are people whose subconsciousness outright refuses to be put into a full trance? Like they can't really be hypnotized at all?
nanaki001

Postby whatthe75 » March 1st, 2009, 4:15 pm

Everyone is hypnotizable.
Seriousness is a deadly disease.
Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » March 2nd, 2009, 8:04 am

nanaki001 wrote:... Maybe there are people whose subconsciousness outright refuses to be put into a full trance? Like they can't really be hypnotized at all?

Trance is such a normal part of everyday life, that most folks enjoy it without realizing. And, it's unimportant if they call it by another name.

The next time you ride public transportation (bus, tram, subway) - Look around you. See for yourself how many people go into full trance quickly and easily.

Call it dozing if you like. It feels like dozing. But there's one small factor that confirms it's trance. Someone who's genuinely sleeping will miss their stop.

- For someone dozing as they ride - it would be silly to evaluate "How deeply am I dozing?"

- For someone dozing as they ride - it would be odd to evaluate "Is this a full doze?"

Trance is something that just happens. It's unnecessary to try.

When the time is right

When circumstances are right

They let go

They let go because they want to

They have time for it

They trust their surroundings. They trust themselves

And when those things are true, you can genuinely let go

MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby mr_pink » March 11th, 2009, 7:21 pm

I've always thought that going into trance is like trying to figure out one of those damn magic eye pictures; the more you try to get it, the less likely it is to occur. You just have to switch off that little bit of your brain that tries to rationalise everything, and then bingo, you're there!
mr_pink
Regular
Regular

Postby MacGyver » April 8th, 2009, 9:37 pm

why not, after some thought, i have an idea on something you should try, download and listen to blink's basic induction, and maybe put one more file behind it in a playlist, and make sure that you pay very close attention and listen to the entrie story, and after that file, you may be able to trance on the next in the playlist. trust me. :lol:

it just aint easy going sane in a crazy mixed up world.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis