advice

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

advice

Postby mat2blue » March 17th, 2009, 9:40 am

ok. all you out there. is there any fellow hypnotists who can help me with a subject who is resistant to certain commands? she wants to obey, but she is having difficulty giving me total and complete obediance.
mat2blue
Regular
Regular

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » March 17th, 2009, 10:27 am

Are you doing maintenance... periodically reinforcing the obedience mindset?
    Some clients respond to direct suggestions like:
      - You are obedient
      - You find yourself obeying

Many clients respond to pleasure-driven suggestions like:
      - Obedience gives you pleasure
      - When you obey - you feel good

Some clients respond positively to operant conditioning - where the hypnotist anchors a reward trigger and then uses it to reward instances of obedience.
When testing obedience, do you start with commands that are easily completed quickly?

When your client completes an obedience command, do you acknowledge it? Is your acknowledgement consistent?
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby mat2blue » March 17th, 2009, 12:31 pm

MN_FriendlyGuy wrote:Are you doing maintenance... periodically reinforcing the obedience mindset?

yes i am. trying that more often but recently (during trance) she tells me that when i repeat a command over and over, she "zones out"

MN_FriendlyGuy wrote:[color=blue]When testing obedience, do you start with commands that are easily completed quickly?

i tried a pleasure response but then she said that she couldnt associate it wit me because i wasnt there and it was her body giving her the pleasure not me.

MN_FriendlyGuy wrote:[color=blue]When your client completes an obedience command, do you acknowledge it? Is your acknowledgement consistent?

i do tell her as much as i can when she is doing a good job obeying
mat2blue
Regular
Regular

Postby Ladon » March 17th, 2009, 1:35 pm

It's always going to be her body giving her pleasure, could she feel it if it were happening to someine else? Maybe allow her to provide some physical stimulation, but only when she's obedient?

Also, "zoning out" isn't necessarily a bad thing. Many people use that term for the sensation of trance, so it might be that you're avoiding the very tool you need to be effective. Find alternate ways of causing thensame response.

Find ways you get the desired response in a waking state, then use that experience to induce the same behavior outside that situation. Yawning is a good example, for some people, just talking about a yawn is enough to induce yawning, and maybe even sleepiness. Are you yawning yet?
Ladon
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BeMine » March 17th, 2009, 2:13 pm

If you feel she's not "absorbing" when she's self-described "zoning," then you could always try having her do things to reinforce obediance through repetition, such as writing whatever it is you say over and over, or have her say it herself. If she's able to write or say it zoned, chances are she's picking it up, herself.
BeMine
Regular
Regular

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » March 17th, 2009, 3:25 pm

The information in this posting focuses on the science of obedience. The topic is a bit complex. So here's the summary: Read the book: Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View by Stanley Milgram.
    During the period 1960-63, a series of experiments relating to obedience was conducted by the Department of Psychology at Yale University.

A "teacher" is told to administer electroshocks in progressively more painful degrees to a "learner." The teacher -- unaware that the learner is an actor receiving no shocks at all -- is the real focus of the study. These controversial and criticized experiments illustrate how people will obey authority regardless of consequences.

From these experiments, it was learned there are factors that influence obedience. This has nothing to do with hypnosis, mind you. It's merely the psychology of obedience.

If you genuinely want to guide someone to obedience, it's good to incorporate these factors into your ongoing relationship.
Hypnosis allows your Dorothy to open the door of her black-and-white home and see a full-color world waiting outside. Once she steps through the door, it's up to you to guide her through Oz.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby mat2blue » March 17th, 2009, 5:38 pm

Ladon wrote:It's always going to be her body giving her pleasure, could she feel it if it were happening to someine else? Maybe allow her to provide some physical stimulation, but only when she's obedient?

Also, "zoning out" isn't necessarily a bad thing. Many people use that term for the sensation of trance, so it might be that you're avoiding the very tool you need to be effective. Find alternate ways of causing thensame response.

Find ways you get the desired response in a waking state, then use that experience to induce the same behavior outside that situation. Yawning is a good example, for some people, just talking about a yawn is enough to induce yawning, and maybe even sleepiness. Are you yawning yet?

she told me (once again in trance) that her previous hypnotist wasnt any good because he kept on repeating the same thing over and over, making her "zone out". she also said that once she zoned out, the suggestion that was repeated became weaker
mat2blue
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis