Hello all... questions from a beginner

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Hello all... questions from a beginner

Postby Shadowfangs » May 11th, 2009, 6:47 pm

Hello all, please forgive my ignorance and probably noobish questions. I am very interested in hypnosis of any and all aspects. I have purchased a few files from an online hypno-domme, very basic files that are mainly to ease your way into trance. I can't help but to feel that they aren't working. I lay down and listen to the ladys sensual voice and I feel somewhat relaxed but never fully feel like anything is happening.

I usually end up listening to the whole file just laying there fully aware of what is being said, the suggestions such as my arm being unable to move have no effect. I wonder if going to a professional hypnotist just to be hypnotized the first time is what I'd need. Maybe if the hypnotist suceeded he could suggest me being more open to hypnosis, maybe even a trigger?

It feels like I am rambling and I'm sorry my first post had to be such a noobish one. I don't want to spend a bunch on trying files that won't work for me :/ suggestions?
Shadowfangs

Re: Hello all... questions from a beginner

Postby User517 » May 11th, 2009, 7:23 pm

Shadowfangs wrote:

Not all hypno-dommes are equal. There are good ones, and not so good ones. Alot of it depends on personal preference and what you are actually looking for. There is a difference between a dom that does hypnosis and one that deals almost entirely with sex fantasy files.

Usually, the problem is due to expecting something to instantly happen, and not being able to totally relax. Some people starting off tend to listen either when they're starting to go to sleep, or when they're waking up in the morning since your body is usually closest to a semiconscious state. Instead of focusing on the words, just relax, clear your mind, and let it take you. You may want to start with some of the more benign files before getting involved with anything you are not particularly comfortable with.
User517
Regular
Regular

Postby Shadowfangs » May 11th, 2009, 9:20 pm

What does everyone think of noise cancelling headphones? I don't have very good headphones and have been considering a good quality pair
Shadowfangs

Postby User517 » May 12th, 2009, 2:20 am

Shadowfangs wrote:What does everyone think of noise cancelling headphones? I don't have very good headphones and have been considering a good quality pair

In my opinion, it depends on what kind of person you are, how much background noise there is, and the nature of that background noise. White noise, such as a fan running can help some people relax, and too much silence can make people feel uncomfortable. Eventually you'll need to figure this out on your own. The reality is that if you can't sit back and just let things happen, instead of trying to make them happen, what type of headphones you use likely won't change anything. This is not to say that good headphones might not be a worthwhile investment, since it can often help produce deeper trances, just that you can't expect it to be an instant solution to the problem. You need to be able to take that first step on your own.
User517
Regular
Regular

Postby 0turner0 » May 13th, 2009, 12:25 pm

I'd recommend the passive kind that fit your ear, rather than the active-cancelling kind, those are distracting and make weird noises - and that's a review of a 200$ pair.
0turner0
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis