Heart racing and losing focus.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Heart racing and losing focus.

Postby thedude09 » September 10th, 2009, 10:26 am

Hi,

Ok, here's the situation. I've tried some of the files here, and always feel like I'm getting nowhere (sounds familiar, ha). I've tried various files and inductions. Nada.

Today one seemed to worked, my body started to get warm and got to where EMGs voice was all I heard, then I felt my heart begin to race and BAM! I was out of it. I could move freely and such, and I could hear even the smallest noise (which wasn't true for the 2-3 seconds where I felt I was getting somewhere).

Any suggestions? I feel I have finally gotten close, but yet again failed. I think this happened once before and lost it.
TIA
thedude09

Postby Alien4420 » September 10th, 2009, 10:44 am

Usually when my heart begins to race during hypnosis it's because I'm using a file that makes me anxious. And if I'm given a suggestion to which I have a strong objection, I'll pop out of trance. And if I'm too anxious about a file I'll sometimes start to go into a deep trance briefly and then pop up almost immediately into a lighter one because I'm not afraid to let go and let the file do its thing unimpeded. The reason I mention all of this is because I'm wondering whether your problem might be that you're anxious of letting go, of letting EMG take the mental reins. If so, you might consider first choosing a completely safe file, one that you've listened to without first listening to the induction. That way you'll know that no harm can come of the experience.
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby trancerider » December 11th, 2009, 9:54 pm

Resistance like that could be a defense mechanism; there's some part of you that doesn't like what it thinks the file is doing. It's part of your mind trying to protect you, and if you can manage to isolate that part (which might work for you in a self-induced trance) and ask it what it's trying to protect you from, that could be helpful.
trancerider

Postby dottie » December 12th, 2009, 10:09 am

Ditto the above statements...

In fact, I think a part of you may still be just a little nervous about the idea of hypnosis.

But it's just a tiny part.

There are many people who have encountered this resistance and they learn to relax and let the resistance fade away.
I think you will find that you will become more and more comfortable with hypnosis each time you try it.
So if you are new to hypnosis in general, or hypnosis from sites like this, take it slow, but keep at it. EMGs files do pretty much what the descriptions say, so work with one that seems kind of non-threatening while you get over that hump.
dottie
Regular
Regular

Postby Thrideye » December 22nd, 2009, 10:19 pm

I'm having similar problems, and I've tested your methods and they seem to work. I suggest hypnotizing yourself then try EMG's arm levitating induction and small stuff. It help me a lot, thanks for the help guys.
Thrideye
Regular
Regular

Postby asankhya » January 21st, 2010, 6:08 pm

when you're on the brink, about to drop off the metaphoric cliff, your heart will race and it may feel like your body is weightless or dying. be receptive to it.
asankhya

Postby lexii » January 24th, 2010, 7:21 pm

This sometimes happens to me on the first listen of a file but it subsides the second or third time. I think my mind dosn't object to the 'you will enjoy listening to this file' part so it is easier to listen the second time
lexii
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis