Happy it's working

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Happy it's working

Postby leeallure » October 24th, 2009, 12:01 pm

I've been interested in hypnosis for a long time; I've been hypnotized before, and have wanted to learn how to hypnotize others.

I have a female submissive who was resistant to the idea of hypnosis, but who I felt was suggestible. We met someone who taught himself hypnosis, and he was able to hypnotize her in person and then over the phone.

I didn't feel I was ready to do it myself, but then I got an iPhone, and discovered that there are several apps for hypnosis. On a lark one recent night, I downloaded one while we were out in a club, and hypnotized her with the app and my voice.

It was really a thrilling experience. I didn't know what exactly I was doing, or how it would work out, so I kept it simple,

Now I'm working on making what I say and do more specific in order to subtly shape her behaviour in certain circumstances. I'm fortunate that there are several other people into this in my neck of the woods. We plan to go to a local munch and party afterward. I'm hoping seeing more real-life experiences will help me to do this in the most safe and effective
manner possible.

She'll be coming over soon, and I have plans to do more today.

Lee
leeallure

Postby iamli3 » January 24th, 2010, 8:32 pm

shaking evilness (and now a bad feeling in my side?)........

i hope f$%^ing hope you know what your doing , shit can go down really easy with this (so i've herd).........
iamli3
Mentor
Mentor

Postby darkenedav » January 25th, 2010, 1:57 am

As long as it's kept light not a lot is going to go wrong tbh :)

It's only if you push a little further with no exp that you gotta be careful :D

(Same as everything)
darkenedav
Guru
Guru

Postby iamli3 » January 25th, 2010, 3:21 am

don't say that and compare this to anything else , other things i have the capabilaty of at least understanding their basic concepts and i don't lose sleep over them like (eye twich) im am right now >_> ...........
iamli3
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Inanenoble » January 26th, 2010, 6:24 pm

Well in terms of "Hypnotism going wrong" there was a stage hypnotist who hypnotised people and the command was for them to act out something they like to do in the summer.

One person's was to "Swim" so he dove off the stage and since then he has kept a paranoia amount of security and blockers to protect his subjects.

Interestingly enough it actually happened a second time (but the blocker got him) and another person fell over a chair.

So I guess what you can take from this story, speaking as someone who has never been hypnotised or hypnotised another, is that you should be wary of interpretation

Edit addition Thought: Hmmm, maybe filling the topic creator full of terror isn't the BEST thing I could have posted. :?
Inanenoble
Regular
Regular

Postby dottie » January 26th, 2010, 9:18 pm

With everything there are things to be careful of.

You'd have to be either REALLY suggestible or REALLY stupid to dive off a stage because someone told you to "do something summery" during hypnosis. Probably both.
Compare hypnosis to being intoxicated -- your judgment doesn't entirely disappear in either case. "OMG, UR sooo drunk! Hey, why don't you do a stage dive right now!"

Also keep in mind that stage hypnotists do warmup techniques to identify the most suggestible people in the room when they select volunteers. Most people are suggestible enough to be easily hypnotisible with a little training, but the folks who go onstage are generally the most hypnotisible 5-10%. (what researchers call "virtuosos"). If there's 200 people at a show, there's bound to be 10-20 good candidates available.

The stage hypnotist was pretty dumb for giving an unknown group of really suggestible people such an open-ended command, but most of us aren't in that situation as either a subject or a 'tist.

That said, there are unintended consequences due to the variance of interpretation or unintended suggestions. I once used a hypnosis file to help me be more motivated to exercise. There was a statement in there that said "you might find that you get bored easily by your workout" as a lead-in to the "if you use this trigger, you'll stay focused" part. Well any good 'tist will recognize the first part as a suggestion even though it wasn't meant that way. Not surprisingly, I now started to lose focus when I wasn't using the trigger. (Not surprisingly, I stopped using the file and the problem went away)

The advantage of a live session is that you can look out for unintended consequences and quickly undo them. Always observe your subject with the suggestions you gave them in mind. With pre-recorded scripts, the subject has to do this themselves.
dottie
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis