Insomnia

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Insomnia

Postby bittergrey » February 8th, 2010, 9:25 pm

Is there a sleep solution that has worked for the folks here? I don't get enough sleep each night, and have periodic insomnia to make matters worse.

Cardigan's Curing Insomnia trigger is too close to his general trance trigger for me: I end up going into trance (I think) but not transitioning into sleep. MistE's Anti-Insomnia hasn't put me to sleep yet, but I'll keep trying. They both seem like good files, but just haven't worked for me.
bittergrey
Regular
Regular

Postby BeMine » February 8th, 2010, 9:38 pm

Why not listen to a general relaxation induction, with no trigger in it, that either has no awakener, or is set-up so you can take out the awakener, then, go directly from being in a trance state to sleep?

In my experience, that type of thing has worked well for others.
BeMine
Regular
Regular

Postby MacGyver » February 8th, 2010, 10:24 pm

when insomnia hit me, i go for blink's basic induction, i am out like a light before i get past the beach, i get to the beach and see some poeple in my mind but that is about as far as i get.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby MistE » February 8th, 2010, 11:04 pm

Try my anti-insomnia with the Winter Fantasy or Mind's Eye induction in front of it. If all else fails, hit me up on Yahoo IM sometime and I'll put you under and explore some of the roadblocks you're hitting. Just, been insanely crazy busy lately, so remind me.
MistE
Regular
Regular

Postby bittergrey » February 8th, 2010, 11:34 pm

Thanks for the tips - I'll give them a try.
bittergrey
Regular
Regular

Update...

Postby bittergrey » February 14th, 2010, 11:08 pm

Just to update everyone, I've been trying MistE's Anti-insomnia file, alternating between the two inductions that she suggested. They now appear to put me to sleep about half the time, when listened to when first attempting to sleep, or after waking early.

There has been one sleepless night so far. Two attempts were made to fall asleep using the files that night, but neither were successful. Since these failures seem to be on the user-end (itching ear, and lack of alertness/discipline) I'll keep trying.

There is one interesting tangent that I've noticed. I'll start a separate tread asking about it.
bittergrey
Regular
Regular

Postby ftslave67 » February 20th, 2010, 9:26 am

I have a couple of recordings I use on a regular basis. One is from a book, "I Can Make You Sleep", by Paul McKenna--he's an Aussie. The other is by Steve G. Jones--he's got a website with a lot of therapeutic stuff. He's got some stuff on youtube. There are several others on youtube.

Hope this helps.
ftslave67
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis