Would sleeping make hypnosis easier

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Would sleeping make hypnosis easier

Postby furryfox85 » February 10th, 2010, 8:48 am

i made a 2 hour wav file of pure silence so it starts playing all kinds off different hypnosis files when im asleep, would this increase the power of the hypnosis or would it just make it do jack shit?
furryfox85

Postby furryfox85 » February 10th, 2010, 9:05 am

and im thinking of removing all inductions and "wake ups" or should i just remove the "wake ups"
furryfox85

Postby Jeshi » February 12th, 2010, 10:48 pm

Sleeping and playing hypnosis wouldn't really do anything since the state of being in hypnosis is a state of "Almost-Sleep" where your conscious mind isn't really doing anything but the subconscious is awake and receiving suggestions, and while normally the conscious mind would filter them, while in hypnosis it wouldn't and the subconscious wouldn't really know that it's a lie. And just believe it.

The subconscious is all the things you don't think but go on in the background. You don't think every second "Beat heart, Beat Heart, Beat Heart." And that's what the subconscious is in charge of. But it also does think, like when you see somebody you consider attractive, that's because the subconscious is thinking to itself "Considering these physical features, they probably have good genetics. We should have kids."

Now when you're a asleep, the subconscious isn't going to be awake either, It'll have just reverted to the most important functions and won't really be paying attention to anything that's said either. Meaning that a sleeping person completely ignores suggestions.

You're more likely to accept suggestions while awake then while sleeping. Hypnosis files work best when you're awake when you start the file, and listen to the induction. Then fall into a deep hypnotic sleep, which is different then regular sleep.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby HypnotizeMike » February 13th, 2010, 12:56 am

My first response would be that hypnosis is best done while awake. It is possible to fall asleep durring or after being hypnotized. But, why do so many people listen to subliminal tapes during the night while sleeping if the subconscious mind is not listening?
HypnotizeMike
Regular
Regular

Postby rgn » February 13th, 2010, 1:28 am

If the subconscious controls the body and the body continues to function during sleep then it seems likely that the subconscious may not actually sleep but remains active. And if active then it also seems reasonable that it could be listening while the conscious mind is asleep. Does anyone have any insights into how active the subconscious is when the body is sleeping?
rgn
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dottie » February 18th, 2010, 12:50 am

rgn wrote:If the subconscious controls the body and the body continues to function during sleep then it seems likely that the subconscious may not actually sleep but remains active. And if active then it also seems reasonable that it could be listening while the conscious mind is asleep. Does anyone have any insights into how active the subconscious is when the body is sleeping?

What does the subconscious do during sleep? DREAMING!
People have theorized that dreaming may be a result of the subconscious mind transferring short term memories into long term memory, but whether that is true or not, it is the subconscious that dreams. And yes, you can hear when you are asleep, -- this is how an alarm clock wakes you up. It is definitely possible for external sounds to influence one's dreams, in fact most people seem to be able to remember a dream that changed due to an external sound (a window fan or a fire alarm or a conversation) even if the dream itself has faded away.

I don't know whether subliminals are as effective during sleep as compared to waking or trance, but they probably do something.
I doubt that traditional hypnosis is as effective during sleep, since sleep differs from trance, and you don't know whether you'll be in REM state during the suggestions.
dottie
Regular
Regular

Postby iamli3 » February 21st, 2010, 2:29 am

when im sleeping my mind has the uncanny ability to see into the future , there has been so many times now when i was sleeping and dreaming away , and suddenly my dream's world laws and flow would shift as to compensate for something , and that compensation would make the scenario "logically" ready for my mom to come into the picture and say something to me (by that i mean changing the scenario from flying on dragon's backs or some shit to me actually lying down sleeping in my place or some other place that she would be able to just simply walk into) , and sure enough from there i would slowly drift back up into conscious awareness and she would be there opening the door......
and many other "predicting" things my mind has done......
but by far the most "most" would be 1 time in the winter , i remember i was inside , and i was looking outside and it was snowing pretty hard i guess , but the thing i took note of while seeing that in my dream was the angle the snow was falling at and how pretty it looked as it was falling and just covering all the tree branches with like 3cm of fresh snow
then as i woke up that morning i found it was snowing , but only very lightly , i kinda laughed to myself saying "ha! wouldn't that be something if my dreaming mind could predict the weather?"
but then as i was walking to school , it started to snow harder , then i realized that "holy shit! my ream did predict the weather!!" , cause the snow was falling exactly the same as it was in my dream , i think i had a little gripe with the angle being slightly off , though that could have just been perception differences , but aside from that everything was exactly the same as how my dream made it look

now im not gonig to claim im the new masia just cause of a coincident like that , but i do believe very much that the mind has some sort of external power that is making all this possible , i even notice it when im awake sometimes i'll just be doing something and i'll kinda take notice about my surroundings a bit more than i normally would for a second or 2 , and then something would happen that i would have had no way of knowing it was going to , then id get a feeling immediately after and think to myself "i knew that was going to happen right before it did didn't i? yes yes im sure i did........"

wow long message -.-' .........
iamli3
Mentor
Mentor

Postby darkenedav » February 21st, 2010, 3:53 am

That tends to be 2 things,

1 - is your hearing a noise like someone outside your room and your mind interprets that (and predicts the outcome) in your sleep. It's similar to going 'any moment now the phone will ring' and it does :)

2 - A hint of deja vu :) when half your brain isn't as fast as the other half and is trying to catch up, you get the feeling you've done it before. What's not as common is if you have a similar moment this feeling can occur (ie if your tired or just woke up and go make a morning cup of tea same as always you might get the feeling).

Nostradamus said last year was the year we should all begin unlocking psychic powers, I doubt seeing the future is one of them :)
darkenedav
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis