Can't go into trance anymore

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Can't go into trance anymore

Postby oddballs » March 6th, 2010, 12:02 pm

I'm fairly new to hypnotism, been here about a week I think. The first few days, I would listen to a file and get into a trance fairly quickly. Since then, I've been having troubles. Rather than hearing the voice in the file saying the words intended, it starts a conversation with me about politics or philosophy, which keeps my mind rather active and alert. This has also been happening IRL as well. Someone will be talking, I get bored, and then we're debating about communism. This just started a few days ago. What could be causing this, and how would one go about fixing it?
oddballs

Re: Can't go into trance anymore

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » March 6th, 2010, 5:54 pm

An interesting phenomenon! Definitely a first in my book - but I believe it's a positive sign.... quite positive.

When a person learns new concepts and has new experiences the memory of them is integrated with prior memories. They become 'attached' to existing memories & feelings in surprising and interesting ways.

The description you give causes me to wonder whether you spent time on a debate team at some time in the past... or maybe there was a period in the past when you enjoyed thoughtful debate with friends.

As a recommendation - I'd say let it ride. Smile - and see how interesting you can make it. As opinion, I believe it's a temporary (and interesting) stage.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby oddballs » March 7th, 2010, 12:31 am

I do rather enjoy debate, though I have never been on a team. A positive phenomenon, you say? Most of my friends just believe it is another step in my descent into madness. I'm fairly certain I'm sane, but figured I should probably ask someone who knows about psychology, preferably free of charge. Seems to have all worked out in my favor, I suppose.
oddballs

Return to General Hypnosis