Newbie Needs Hypnohelp

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Newbie Needs Hypnohelp

Postby KiruGX » April 24th, 2010, 12:28 am

Well,This is your average thread that I hope will help others,but most importantly me.This has several questions I hope you guys/gals can answer.

-Do trances cause you to sleep?
-Do trances still work if you sleep?
-Will you be at all aware during trances?
-Does every trance require closed eyes or just a few?
-Can anyone explain a state of mind?

I do realize that redoing trances several times in a row conditions someone,but i'd rather not waste time and mess up.

Plz halp!
KiruGX
Regular
Regular

Re: Newbie Needs Hypnohelp

Postby demigraff » April 24th, 2010, 5:41 am

KiruGX wrote:-Do trances cause you to sleep?

No. Though trance and sleep can look very similar to someone else looking at you.
KiruGX wrote:-Do trances still work if you sleep?

Usually, no. But some people might disagree.
KiruGX wrote:-Will you be at all aware during trances?

Depends on the script (and what technique you use), and on the subject.
KiruGX wrote:-Does every trance require closed eyes or just a few?

I don't think many techniques actually need closed eyes, but it can help (or not - some people find it easier to focus on something, or use spirals or something.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby Fraxo » April 24th, 2010, 8:05 pm

Hi.

Probably loads of the same questions around, but I got some question about trance. Just stumbled across this site recently, and have never had any experience with hypnosis. I have tried several files without going into trance, remembering all i hear, and i find my thoughts drifting away and I think about other things while listening to the files. Some of the files suggested that I wouldn`t be able to move, but yes I could. (No, I didn`t try to move just to see if I could)

Sometimes I wonder if I try to hard, maybe trying to force myself to forfill the suggestions. I should mention that I`m also quite analytical, finding myself listening to any mistakes or odd sounds in the tapes.

Does anyone have suggestions for good files/inductions to start with? Does it help to loop the files? ( I haven`t tried that yet)
Any special advice about where to listen to files? In bed, and eyes closed? Special preparations needed before listening?

Thanks
Fraxo

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » April 24th, 2010, 9:09 pm

Hi, KiruGX and Fraxo.

It's a 'first posting' for both of you... the first time that both of you have left a message in the WMM forum. Welcome.

You both asked for guidance about trance.

It's a path you must discover for yourself. I realize this answer sounds like a cop-out. But it's true. It's true because your memories, feelings and experiences are distinct. The resources your mind holds are distinct.

It would be nice if there was a guaranteed one-size-fits-all method.

There isn't.

It's up to you search out what you need and want.

It's up to you to seach for and discover the technique that works best.

For me? My first trances were at the age of 6; staring out a classroom window - focused on treetops moving in the breeze. To this day, I still do my best unconscious processing while looking out a window. And the career award I'm most proud of was the result of this kind of trance. No words. No music. No binaural beats. No subliminal messages.

I'm fully aware that my childhood experience with staring out a window primed me to develop my current potential. It took practice and repetition before I discovered what was there all along.

And your life has followed it's own distinct path, hasn't it? I know it's true because you weren't in that classroom with me so many years ago, were you?

You have your own experiences; your own feelings about things.

And even if your experience has been one of obedience... doing what you're told to do... the method stays the same.

Follow that path.

When you discover an MP3 that causes you to remember things from your past, or causes you to feel things, like arousal - then you'll know you're on the right path. You will have discovered the technique that works best.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby KiruGX » April 25th, 2010, 6:50 pm

Not exactly what I wanted to hear but Beggars can't be choosers ^.^'

One last question,does this mean that a personality can switch up what trance I need?
KiruGX
Regular
Regular

Postby angel123 » May 16th, 2010, 12:33 pm

MN_FriendlyGuy wrote:Hi, KiruGX and Fraxo.

For me? My first trances were at the age of 6; staring out a classroom window - focused on treetops moving in the breeze. To this day, I still do my best unconscious processing while looking out a window. And the career award I'm most proud of was the result of this kind of trance. No words. No music. No binaural beats. No subliminal messages.

I'm fully aware that my childhood experience with staring out a window primed me to develop my current potential. It took practice and repetition before I discovered what was there all along.

Oh wow, then I have been trancing loads by myself ... and I never knew :)
I frequently stare into space and lose all contact with the ''living'' ... oops, or try to at any rate but I really didn't guess it was a trance ..... now I know ... :wink:

I guess I do it as a kind of time-out from things I don't want to deal with or cope with and I make myself come out of it really quickly, maybe I should develop it then .... hmmm, thanks :)
[color=indigo:64c8e3527f]Trying hard :p[/color:64c8e3527f]
angel123
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis