hows this for a file idea "Harvey"

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

hows this for a file idea "Harvey"

Postby vorebunny » June 13th, 2010, 9:07 pm

for those old enough you know about Harvey
Harvey was the 6ft tall anthropomorphic rabbit companion of James Stewart in the movie Harvey
only he could see and hear him and no one else could

this file will give you a constant companion
such as Harvey was to James Stewart in Harvey
but unlike in Harvey
your companion will know not to try and have a conversation with you in public or when your around others

it doesn't necessarily need to be a rabbit either just a companion of any species human, animal or otherwise
but of course i would want the rabbit :P

and your companion will leave you alone when you want to be left alone
could even have a trigger like "summon harvey" to have your companion appear to you and "goodbye harvey" to put him or her away
etc etc

just some thoughts
would something like this even be possible ?
vorebunny

Re: hows this for a file idea "Harvey"

Postby sarnoga » June 13th, 2010, 9:34 pm

Hello vorebunny,

I will avoid this. I'm sure if I tried to make such a file your cute little bunny friend would be more like Donnie Darko's bunny than James Setwart's.

regards, sarnoga.

vorebunny wrote:for those old enough you know about Harvey
Harvey was the 6ft tall anthropomorphic rabbit companion of James Stewart in the movie Harvey
only he could see and hear him and no one else could.....

....just some thoughts
would something like this even be possible ?
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby Realm » June 14th, 2010, 6:53 am

I've recently taken to lurking the paranormal board on a site called 4chan. You can occasionally find some interesting discussions on lucid dreaming and the like. People post a lot of stories on there, and one that I just read a couple of hours ago involved the protagonist creating a 'double' of himself inside his own mind to converse and interact with. Perfectly harmless at first, but over time this double exerted more control and exuded more malice.

Purely fanciful of course, although it did get me thinking about exactly the kind of thing you are suggesting. This character would have to be a product of the unconscious mind essentially, which as I've also just been reading (studying Freud as well) is the reservoire of all our unsatisfied animal desires. I'm probably just talking out the paranoia that a night reading creepy stories tends to induce, but I would consider the nature of such an hallucination and the control or lack thereof that the person in question has over it.

Personally though I think it's a pretty cool idea and I'd be prepared to risk it. I talk to myself inside my head as though there's someone else there already.
Realm
Regular
Regular

Postby vorebunny » June 14th, 2010, 10:34 am

the only problem i do see hear would be that fact
that im basically asking for a file that induces
a form of hallucinatory schizophrenia

not something to create a Tulpa which i believe darko's "companion" was

then again i could see it being a problume.
some ware in the subconscious most people find something they dont like about them selves
and i could see that potentially surface as a problem with the "companion"

but that is the primary reason for the trigger suggestion so you can shut it off if something goes wrong

my point is ever since the first time i saw that movie i wanted a friend like Harvey but unless Púca's want to be found by you let alone exist
this would have to be the next best thing

granted i am very aware of some of the potential inherit dangers of having a mental doppelganger
it would suck to have all the darker qualities of one's self come out as its own being

o well it was just a random thought any ways
thought it worth suggesting
vorebunny

Postby dottie » June 15th, 2010, 7:24 pm

vorebunny wrote:im basically asking for a file that induces

Nope, he was a chiropractor.

----------- SPOILER ALERT ---------------------

FYI, Donnie Darko was more a retelling of Jacob's Ladder rather than Harvey

Even more literally than Danny Aiello's character in Ladder, the rabbit companion was meant to be an angel, showing the protagonist why the final scene (divine intervention) happened, by leading him through the sequence of events which would ensue if the opening scene had happened instead.

--------- END SPOILER ALERT -------------------

I get a little worried about the potential ill effects of such hypno schizophrenia. So while I'm willing to do this sort of thing to myself, I'd be unwilling to do so for someone else. I'd be too concerned that it would ramp someone else's insecurities into a full blown mental illness.
dottie
Regular
Regular

Postby vorebunny » June 15th, 2010, 9:56 pm

dottie wrote:
vorebunny wrote:im basically asking for a file that induces

Nope, he was a chiropractor.

----------- SPOILER ALERT ---------------------

FYI, Donnie Darko was more a retelling of Jacob's Ladder rather than Harvey

Even more literally than Danny Aiello's character in Ladder, the rabbit companion was meant to be an angel, showing the protagonist why the final scene (divine intervention) happened, by leading him through the sequence of events which would ensue if the opening scene had happened instead.

--------- END SPOILER ALERT -------------------

I get a little worried about the potential ill effects of such hypno schizophrenia. So while I'm willing to do this sort of thing to myself, I'd be unwilling to do so for someone else. I'd be too concerned that it would ramp someone else's insecurities into a full blown mental illness.

never saw Jacob's Ladder
was it a good movie ??? :)
vorebunny

Postby BobbyS » June 20th, 2010, 9:14 am

It was a brilliant movie. If you've ever played one of the early Silent Hill games (say 1-3) you'll see it heavily influenced the environments in those games.

This character would have to be a product of the unconscious mind essentially, which as I've also just been reading (studying Freud as well) is the reservoire of all our unsatisfied animal desires.

I wouldn't pay much attention to him if I were you - this is the same guy that got a boner when he saw his mother undressing on a train, and then reached the conclusion ALL men must not only also fancy their mothers, but want to kill their dads too.
Strange chap, but he did bring the use of hypnotherapy into the mainstream, which is cool.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis