hypnotic trance

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

hypnotic trance

Postby CharredSoul » March 19th, 2011, 2:33 am

There is often a question of wether or not of trance occuring, unless if you have gone through some formal work with a hypnotist, it can be hard to recognise wether you are successful or not. Basically its a state of inward focus and suggestion, meaning that you are that relaxed mentally and physically that the world outside is not noticed. Like an enthralling daydream, but is not limited to.

This is how i started out
I learnt the mechanics of the elman induction taking myself down whenever i had a chance. Here are the basics

1. deep breath in, exhale close eyes and feel relax all the way down, (just before i close my eyes i build a trigger as the off switch on a light then close eyes) and any suggestions or patter you can think of anything to go deeper and more relaxed,

2.relax eye lids and the tiny muscles around the eyes, till the point that they are that relaxed, that you can’t open them, making sure that they are really that relaxed that you can’t open them. Test for a second, if you think you can open them please pretend that you can not do it defeats the whole purpose of suggestion in the 1st place. Keep adding in suggestions

3. tapping the surface, with each tap of your finger 1st. Tap go down twice as deep, twice as relaxed, twice as hypnotised, 2nd tap. Go down 10 times as deep, ect, 3rd go down as deep as you possibly can go.

4. spread that relaxation all throughout your body all throughout your mind

5. count back from 200 (any numbers doesn’t really matter) with each number relaxing your mind twice as much as the number before, untill you get to 196 or even soon that your mind is that relaxed that all the numbers are gone, with suggestions of darker more distant fading away. Are the numbers gone? Make them gone imagine that they are gone. Pretend suggestions of mind relaxing just as much as your body relaxes

6. stuck hand give yourself a suggestion of when you count to 5 that your hand becomes stuck on the surface that it is laying on, that your arm is that relaxed that you cannot possibly lift it, or the harder you try to lift it the more stuck it becomes, please again even if you think you can lift it up just pretend. More suggestions of going deeper and more relaxed of accepting and intergrating any upcoming suggestions

7.suggestions for whatever you want.

8.awaken.

I have done this many times with great results, it is only a basis though, you build your experience up till it just becomes natural as every step becomes a trigger and you won’t have to walk yourself through the steps anymore, it will become automatic.

There have been studies that even if you pretend, just has the same profound effects as going into “actual” hypnosis.

Go through this without the wake up before you use a file.

There are alot of suggestions you can give yourself i am not going to go through it all, it will take up a bit of time, but i am sure many of you are smart enough to think up of some yourself

Also on last thing if you want to experience it and know that you have experienced it. sit up in a place that you don’t have any enviromental anchors. You will notice a great difference in the way you react to the states you go through, instead of laying down and not knowing what has happened.

This is just my experience and the way i teach it to others with great success, even though there are many variations on it. but found this the best way for self hypnosis to build in all the anchors/triggers and autosuggestion. so please enjoy.
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis