On hypnotic safety for hypnotists

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

On hypnotic safety for hypnotists

Postby Foxpaw » July 13th, 2011, 2:08 am

Last two months, so eight weeks, there's been about six cases of people coming to me because they were suffering mental issues relating to hypnosis. Some were willingly done, damage to the psyche and personality of the person inflicted upon, some were accidental, untrained hypnotists, or inexperienced ones who failed to give the proper approach to the subjects mind.

And nothing annoys me more then having to fix someone else's screw up.

Today, I'd like to discuss the first one, the willing person who damages another mind to conform to their will. I'll be the first to admit, I have a sub, one cute one with a mindmelting fetish.

However, as part of our agreement, although he wants to be permanently melted mentally into a stupid happy idiot, the worst I do is temporary dumbness, some bestial mental traits around the house, when safe, and so on. This is as much a personal ethics thing as it is safety issue, so we'll focus on the latter. It's not my job to tell you what to do to the people you trance, nor is it my business to deny you permanent changes just because. My business here, is to simply try and explain why even those who lack morals regarding keeping another's mind healthy and whole should always seek to make sure the suggestion is safe in the long term, as well as short.

Regarding such, please remember this; No matter how well the subject appears to be taking the suggestion, and even if they've had similar suggestions done before, always double check to make sure the mind won't seek to reject it. I've seen numerous cases of people with long term suggestions that weren't touched up frequently experience headaches and various mental issues because the subconscious/conscious didn't fully agree with the suggestion. Since this causes pain and possible mental problems down the road, you should each and every chance you get, double check to make sure the suggestion is considered "safe" to the mind, and thus acceptable.

Secondly, we'll discuss the topic of brainwashing. By virtue of being such a common thing in modern media, more people have developed a fetish, kink, or even interest in brainwashing then say, sneezing. It's also one of the most dangerous to the long term mental health of a subject. It is ridiculously easy to overwhelm someone's mind, using subtle words and suggestions to get them to agree and adopt something. And, as any person who's had experience doing this, the longer and more efficient the brainwashing is exposed t the person, the longer and deeper it lasts/is. Therein lies the problem. A minor brainwashing done to someone to say, make them inclined to see you as a master/mistress may seem harmless, but if it goes against their moral code, their ethics, their personality, or, god(s) help you if this is the case, their own fetishes, you've rousted a nest of snakes. Eventually, without constant upkeep or annihilation of the root resistance, the person will return to normal. Or rather, the mind will eventually attempt to do such. Brainwashing, if done properly, can last years even after extensive mental counselling and therapy, even if it's minor. Brainwashing, by virtue of the forced changing of someone's mind, can very easily lead a recovering subconscious and conscious to misinterpret what it should return to. This can lead, simply, into things like schizophrenia, phobias, memory loss, bipolar, unintended fetishes, emotional damage, and so on. Considering you're already screwing up someone's mind to do this, people, the least you can do is make sure if the person stops talking to you, or escapes, or whatever, that they can recover somewhat easily. And all that takes is a simple snapshot of their mind to refer to whenever the subconscious tries to recover. I can honestly understand there's hypnotists out there who don't care, examples including one such unpleasant individual who made his victims commit suicide so he could get a high off it, but this is something that needs to be looked at as a issue, is long term fallout.

None of us can be aware of everything, but neglecting safety of the subject, even if we regard them as little more then a masturbation aid, is a breach of ethics and a sore problem. These are people, people, human beings who have lives, feelings, hopes and dreams even before you graced them with your time and effort. Don't fuck up just because you don't care.

Thirdly, and finally, I will come to the subject of willingly abusive hypnotists. We have all heard the horror stories, or seen their work first hand, or, if you're one reading this, hi, any complaints can be directed at my PM Inbox. They are out there, they do exist. Not in the numbers of say, deadly types of snakes, but they are out there. This isn't something that means you should avoid hypnosis altogether because the boogeyman(woman)is real, this is something that goes for anyone, no matter if you're a hypnotist or subject. Before ANYTHING hypnosis wise, get safeties first. Whether through self-hypnosis, the help of a live/IM/Phone hypnotist, or even a file, which I will be working on very shortly. Even if you are totally confident in your abilities as far as recognizing trance and its effects, and staying away from suggestions, this is your mind, better safe then sorry. if you want safeties, but don't trust the hypnotist, then find another one, or, have someone watching the trance who has safeties to make sure that you're not being mislead and suggested wrongly.

Safety in regards to your mind isn't safety, it's necessity.

As I said before, I'm not making judgments of what you do in your spare time, your kinks or actions, what I want is for the people whoa re at risk, hypnotists and subjects together, to be protected against bad suggestions, and people who don't care. And yes, my PM box is open for complaints, as well as the forum. When I finish the script for the safeties file, and assuming I'm still on the forum and haven't been booed off, I will write a little thing about people who don't know what they're doing, and how to fix that. Thank you for your time.

Tl;dr for those of you who have little time, or just don't feel like reading something important. Bad hypnotists are out there, get safeties, be careful.
Foxpaw
Regular
Regular

Postby hypnoidf » July 13th, 2011, 4:13 am

Hi

I'm pleased to read your text, I'm totally agree with you.

Maybe it's possible ton collect all WMM members safety to make one file, general, with the better ones. This file will be use for protecting people about bad hypnotist.

Maybe this file already exist ?

If some persons are itnerested in this, I will translate them into french too.

H
hypnoidf
Regular
Regular

Postby CharredSoul » July 13th, 2011, 4:23 am

its good and all what you are saying most of it I agree with myself. maybe show the path that people should take in kink hypnosis.
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Postby Knitted » July 13th, 2011, 5:47 am

I dont get it though... If you guys are saying that hypnosis doesnt really work if its somethign the subject doesnt truly want... THen how is it possible to fuck things up this badly?
Knitted

Postby ck » July 13th, 2011, 8:55 am

I like you.

You sound like a genuinely professional and compassionate tist who cares about the well being of his subjects.

Bravo, FoxPaw. Bravo.
ck

Postby DKaiser » July 13th, 2011, 9:17 am

Knitted wrote:I dont get it though... If you guys are saying that hypnosis doesnt really work if its somethign the subject doesnt truly want... THen how is it possible to fuck things up this badly?

Linked suggestions. Start with something the subject wants, and use it to change his/her opinions about other suggestions. This works fine and dandy so long as these opinion changes don't wear off, or the new suggestions aren't things that interfere with normal living. Problem is, many hypnotists don't consider such things, hence the OP.
http://tinyurl.com/2emkrpk
Enjoy my files? Donate!
DKaiser
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Mutazoa » July 13th, 2011, 11:33 am

DKaiser wrote:
Knitted wrote:I dont get it though... If you guys are saying that hypnosis doesnt really work if its somethign the subject doesnt truly want... THen how is it possible to fuck things up this badly?

Linked suggestions. Start with something the subject wants, and use it to change his/her opinions about other suggestions. This works fine and dandy so long as these opinion changes don't wear off, or the new suggestions aren't things that interfere with normal living. Problem is, many hypnotists don't consider such things, hence the OP.

This.

Basically if you make file that induces masturbation and include a suggestion that, while masturbating, the more pleasure they felt the more control over them you would have, the more control over them you have the more pleasure they feel. This sets up a recursive loop that increases your control over them while giving them the pleasure that they wanted. Combine this with a command that they cannot stop masturbating until they cum ..and they can't cum (no matter how badly they want/need to) until they are willing to be your obedient slave for life... Use this on some one who isn't normally (nor wants to be) the slave type, and you have gotten around the normal "can't make them do what they don't agree with" rule, by tacking something they didn't want onto the end of something they did.

Note: this particular setup as worded wouldn't work very well, but I'm not going to tell you how to actually accomplish this, just in case...
Mutazoa
Mentor
Mentor

Postby CharredSoul » July 14th, 2011, 3:56 am

its also in the context of the suggestion its not like you can tell a subject to get naked, but if you tell them that they are just about to have a shower and to do the natural things to get ready for a shower.

i see it this way if you blow the rust out of their mind liberate them from the chains they are bounded to, they will walk through fire for you just to please you even without linking any power to yourself.
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Postby Knitted » July 14th, 2011, 4:32 am

Ah I see. That makes sense :) THank you for enlightening me.
Knitted

Postby angel123 » July 23rd, 2011, 1:04 pm

Thanks for posting, I am all for safety :)
[color=indigo:64c8e3527f]Trying hard :p[/color:64c8e3527f]
angel123
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Foxpaw » August 12th, 2011, 2:01 am

Now then, considering I am back from my awesome vacation of laziness and hospitals, I shall get my second portion out of the way.

So, you don't know what you're doing? You are new to hypnosis? New to hypnotizing people?

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I'll be very glad to point you on your way! Say you'd like to try something you'd never done with a subject before, and don't know what it would do... why not ask on the forums? Even if you keep it secret from your subject, or, hey, would feel embarrassed about mentioning what you're going to try and do to yourself, there is a resource.

Ask around about it, for example, say you want to make a little mental servant a separate psyche in someone's mind, ask with our lovely board of Men, Women, and maybe even others before doing so. It could end up saving you alot of pain and suffering in the end if you do, whether from trying to fix the problem you inflicted to others or yourself, or even getting the best approach from experts.

If you want to keep it private, find one of our hypnosis experts and send a polite question inquiring about who, if not they, you could ask about this. There's a saying in Carpentry, measure twice, cut once. The entire point of having a forum is to pass information, so, let's keep using it as much, if not more then we have.

Thank you for listening, next instalment, actual safeties, and you, advice for techniques for helping fortify one's mind.

Tl;dr: Ask before leaping, and always get as much information as you can about what you're doing if you're not experienced. Also, you should probably reward yourself with a cookie, because it would motivate you with all that energy to read the post.

Farewell for now!
Foxpaw
Regular
Regular

Postby qv » August 13th, 2011, 12:53 am

Well said, Fauxpas.

I still regret how I handled my first subject... good friend of mine, insane somnambulist, but he wasn't entirely on board, so I backed off for a bit. I started talking to him during sleepovers, and learned there were a few... well, aspects, within his mind. I took an interest in trying to figure out the hidden plot of the dark side of his mind (as described by his current subconscious), though I did my damndest to do my search in a way that wouldn't affect his psychopolitical landscape. On a logical level, I know that what I did didn't have anything to do with it, but on an emotional level, I can't help but feel partially responsible for his suicide attempt; if anything, because I should have known. His foster family was pretty dirt-poor, after all, and he had had some outbursts... but even knowing about the darkness in his mind, I had no idea...
I've never attempted anything like that with him since, and the few times I have met up with him again, I've avoided the topic like the plague, choosing instead to discuss video games. He's seems to be doing much better since he transferred to a different school/psych ward, but he still isn't allowed the opportunity to sleep overnight. So I may never know what happened in that mind of his...
Tl;dr: Dude, tread veeeery carefully. You don't want to risk the regret.

God, it feels so weird to me, ending a post on a bad note... but what else can I say?
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis