Increased Heart Rate during Induction

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Increased Heart Rate during Induction

Postby ihp » November 24th, 2011, 5:56 am

EMG and other hypnotists,

I've been visiting this site for a few years. Every few months, or more, a new file comes up with a new induction. I'll try it out, and feel myself getting deeper and more relaxed. However, my heart rate goes up. And as the induction goes on, and as I approach the countdown or the final number or snap, I start to feel dizzy and my heart is pounding even more, even though consciously I feel deep and relaxed. Every time, it gets to the point that I had to take my headphones off and sit or stand up, snapping out of the trance.

Have any of you professionals encountered this issue before? Is it a bad sign, perhaps of some subconscious reaction or anticipation? Do you have any advice on how to to enter trance despite this, or prevent it from happening?

Thanks
ihp

Re: Increased Heart Rate during Induction

Postby bandler » November 24th, 2011, 12:36 pm

ihp wrote:EMG and other hypnotists,
Have any of you professionals encountered this issue before? Is it a bad sign, perhaps of some subconscious reaction or anticipation? Do you have any advice on how to to enter trance despite this, or prevent it from happening?

Thanks

Sounds like 'resistance' to me.

Think about your ultimate goal. Are you preparing to make a change in your lifestyle with hypnosis? Obviously there is a part of you that is not ready to change, yet.

Resistance is usually caused by fear - fear of the unknown, fear of giving up control, fear of change.
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Postby cubes » November 24th, 2011, 5:16 pm

Speaking as someone who's also had this problem...

It could also be that you're excited, or even aroused. I used to (and still do to a lesser extent) get excited when I believed that I was deeper than I've ever been, and my heart would start pounding like crazy, messing up my depth. I think it really is about just calmly taking a few deep breaths and taking a moment to address yourself. If this is the issue, then practice might be the best way to deal with it, so that being deeply relaxed is more routine.

I find that it also helps to pay conscious attention to your breathing, and actually keep paying attention. If your breathing is slow and steady (with a sigh every now and again), your heart rate is more likely to stay steady and calm. I know a couple hypnotists address this concern in their inductions (try out MistE's [url=http://www.warpmymind.com/Files/3006/Night-Night-Induction.php]Night Night Induction[/url] which comes with an induction trigger).
cubes
Regular
Regular

Re: Increased Heart Rate during Induction

Postby joecomp2000 » December 16th, 2011, 12:10 pm

ihp wrote:EMG and other hypnotists,

I've been visiting this site for a few years. Every few months, or more, a new file comes up with a new induction. I'll try it out, and feel myself getting deeper and more relaxed. However, my heart rate goes up. And as the induction goes on, and as I approach the countdown or the final number or snap, I start to feel dizzy and my heart is pounding even more, even though consciously I feel deep and relaxed. Every time, it gets to the point that I had to take my headphones off and sit or stand up, snapping out of the trance.

Thanks

how about apnoea? as you relax you could be not breathinen
when you come out of it your heart beat can race to catch up
typically this happens in sleep , I have personally experienced this when trancing
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis