Listening frequency

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Listening frequency

Postby MuxMG » January 2nd, 2012, 4:54 am

What would be an optimal listening schedule?

That is, how many times per day would you have to listen a file and for how many days, to observe 'some' effect?

I know this will be different for almost everybody but there must be some 'rule of thumb' or 'generalisation'?

Is it true that 'the more often the better'?

Questions, questions, questions...
MuxMG
Regular
Regular

Postby outkast1728 » January 2nd, 2012, 6:44 am

Listening to them at least three times a day for three weeks seems to work best for me.
outkast1728
Guru
Guru

Postby cubes » January 2nd, 2012, 4:38 pm

I think that, as you said, it really depends on the listener (and the file). I personally think that listening three times a day is an unsustainable plan, and I would get tired of the file probably very quickly.

If you really want the effects of a particular file, then in my opinion its best to take a more varied approach, doing several different things that all work towards the same goal:

1. Listen to your file as often as you want to listen, whether it's as often as three times a day (or more) or as infrequently as once every few days.

2. Alternate between your file and another file that compliments the first file. It could be a file that has similar effects to the first file, a generic accelerator like [url=http://www.warpmymind.com/Files/291/Accelerator.php]Accelerator[/url], or one that helps you imagine, forget, or practice some other trance skill.

3. Also practice with self-suggestion techniques like the [url=http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=FilesNewsys&act=fetch&nopage=1&link=2347]Keyboard Curse[/url]. If you get the keyboard curse to work (start small), you can reinforce suggestions from your main file or add new ones of your own. Giving yourself simple suggestions like, "When I listen to my file, it will take me deeper than it ever has before" or, "I will be made to obey suggestion X from my file tonight," can help tremendously (and be really fun) in my experience.

4. Remind yourself a few times a day of your goals with the file. Thinking about what it will be like, fantasizing about the positive effects, and planning strategies for strengthening the effects (whether or not you go through with them) all help, though for this one it depends on what effects you're trying to achieve.

Anyway, hope this helps.
cubes
Regular
Regular

Postby Mutazoa » January 2nd, 2012, 9:25 pm

for the most part I agree with Cubes, with the exception of switching up the files. Personally I would suggest sticking to the same file, no need to confuse your subconscious.

As I've said in other threads, files can't adjust themselves to your hypnotic state and as such, they are far far less effective than a live hypnotist. When you use hypnosis files, you are being hypnotized by rote...the same thing over and over until it works its way into your subconscious, like wearing a dirt path through a field.

The key to success with files is repetition. If you switch up the files it will be like wearing two separate paths through the field at the same time. Even if they are similar files it will take longer to train your subconscious to accept two files in the same time period. Once you are able to trance easily with just about any file, then you can start switching things up a bit.

I would suggest listening once a day, at the same time and place if possible. Make it a routine. And as usual, I also suggest piece-mealing a file together, editing together an induction, deepener and body from separate files if you have the tools/skill. This way you can "customize" a file that works best for you.
Last edited by Mutazoa on January 10th, 2012, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mutazoa
Mentor
Mentor

Postby MuxMG » January 3rd, 2012, 3:56 am

Great tips from Mutazoa & Cubes.

I've found that using Accelerator or Suggestible seem to give better results.

After I've tried Suggestible (and Sublimal Suggestible) I had an amazing first time experience with a Training file. I was flabbergasted!

Since then I've taken confidence and getting into a trance is so much better/deeper and quicker now and I will simply persist on a 'regular' basis with the file(s) I want to take in. I guess once a day for one file is good to begin with.

I guess it also helps to stick to one hypnotist (for me EMG).
MuxMG
Regular
Regular

Postby MuxMG » January 3rd, 2012, 12:41 pm

Oh boy. I needn't ask!

All the files I've been listening to have kicked in all at once. Any file I listen to now is effective immediately. Impressive, amazing, unbelievable.

I suppose this is also thanks to one rerun of the Accelerator and many loops of listing the Suggestible files.

Now I'll work on my 'cocktail' of curses. Each one I listen to shows the effects during the session and I just know that these effects will stay after the session. That's what curses do.

Shudder...
MuxMG
Regular
Regular

Postby cubes » January 3rd, 2012, 10:36 pm

Each one I listen to shows the effects during the session and I just know that these effects will stay after the session.

I love how that almost sounds like you repeating the (now rote) words of a hypnotist, so matter-of-factly :)

Grats on your success![/quote]
cubes
Regular
Regular

Postby Fizbin » January 10th, 2012, 3:53 am

Mutazoa wrote:Personally I would suggest stinking to the same file, no need to confuse your subconscious.

What if that's not the kind of file they're listening to... ;)
Fizbin
Regular
Regular

Postby Mutazoa » January 10th, 2012, 7:53 am

lol :lol:
Mutazoa
Mentor
Mentor

Postby mecdual » January 18th, 2012, 2:52 am

on the other side, when can we say that it is not often enough to have an effect ?

once a week ?
twice a week ?
mecdual

Return to General Hypnosis